Undiscovered Gem 15: xilefitz

1. What/Who was your inspiration to start writing?

My inspiration were my high school friends who wrote stories, as well. They express their ideas and emotions by writing a story.

2. What was your very first story about?

My first story is a parody about a combination of stories of Avatar: The Lost Airbender, Naruto, Final Fantasy, and The Adarna Bird. I also put the names of my friends as characters in that story, too. The story starts when the Avatar, named Griziebel (a classmate) got sick and the only remedy that can cure her is the sweet singing voice of the Adarna Bird. But the Adarna bird can only be found in a far away land where even the strongest knights fail to accomplish to travel, so Griziebel fell into despair. The Queen of the kingdom, and also Griziebel's friend, felt sorry for her. She talked to Griziebel and the two made a rough decision that whoever looks for the Adarna Bird will be the next Avatar and at the same time the ruler of the kingdom. Four volunteers suddenly showed up and they were the soldiers of Griziebel. They were Fitz the Fire-bender, Shashley the Earth-bender, Kim the Air-bender, and Renz the Water-bender. Even if only one will win, the four, being friends, did not fight over it and decided to look for the Adarna Bird and at the same time a worthy Avatar and ruler. Through the course of their travel, they had met several challenges, and people: Bea is princess with magical powers and she's the eldest; Aura is Bea's sister and she has magical powers, too; Maria Clara is the youngest sister, though she did not have magical powers; Team 7 (from Naruto), and they were the guards of an evil queen who seeks the power of the princesses; Cloud Strife, Tifa Lockheart, and Zach, are the ones who's gonna help them train for the greatest battle; and Kim, the candidate Avatar.

3. Do you read the same genres as the ones you write?

Though I have read almost all the genres known to the better good, I always liked the Mystery/Thriller/Suspense/Horror genre.

4. What is your favorite book?

That's a hard question but I love all books written by Sidney Sheldon.

5. How long does it take you, on average, to finish a story?

Since I'm a college student, it'd take almost a year for me to finish.

6. What is your process of writing like?

The first thing I'd do is to get the motivation to write. Without motivation, one will eventually lose their means in writing. Usually, my motivations are my wild imaginations that explodes in my mind that I have to write them.

7. What are your feelings towards poetry?

I'm not really fond of poetry simply because I don't have time for those.

8. If you had a pen name what would it be?

Felix.

9. Is there a suggestion you would like to give to young/new writers?

Well I'd suggest that novice writers should have the: first, imagination, second, the cool twists and turns of the idea, third, at least correct grammar, and fourth, your love on what you're doing.

10. Who is your favorite Wattpad author?

I'm not really particular since I just made an account in Wattpad to share my stories. But I have been reading some stories my female cousin put up in the Library.

11. CRITIQUE QUESTION: What do you think about Ayn Rand?

Well there's one book she wrote that I have read. It's called Atlas Shrugged. The story is interesting yet not really close with what I had hoped. Still, the satisfaction I got was fair.

That'll be all. Thank you! ^_^