Chapter six ~ Everything Falls Apart Eventually

Somehow, Monday morning managed to make its way around and I found myself back into the same old school routine. I hadn't talked to Emily or her friends since Adams party and I was glad. I needed a weekend away from these kids. I missed my old life and my old friends.

So my weekend was spent in a way I don't ever regret. Molly and I had a sister weekend, which consisted of trips to the park and bookstore. I loved hearing my sister talk about all the new friends she's made in the fifth grade.

But now, it was back to the reality of high school for me, and I wasn't ready. I didn't know how to face Adam in English. Sure, I knew he was with Emily, but after he kissed me and I then saw him kissing Emily, it was different. We were just on our way to becoming friends, when we had to ruin it with a stupid kiss. I'd only been home for one week, and yet somehow all these problems seemed to be rising from the ground. I already didn't want to go to school.

After I dropped molly off, I made my way to my school. I walked in, put my jacket in my locker and walked towards my homeroom.

"Hey!" I turned around to see Emily; her face was red with anger as she stormed towards me. "What do you think you're doing you little slut!"

"What are you talking about?!" I asked her, trying to hold back my anger. Emily knew exactly how to push my buttons, and calling me a slut was one of them.

"You think you can get away with kissing my boyfriend and pretend nothing happened?" she asked me, I was shocked. Adam actually told her? I hadn't expected him to, but then again I didn't know him as well as I thought I did "yeah, that's right, Adam told me about how you were all over him the second you two were alone. And he was even trying to help you!"

"I wasn't all over him!" I told her "he was the one who came on to me!"

"Save it, honey" she snorted "I was expecting you to be all over him the second you were alone. Don't think I've forgotten about all those talks in your bedroom"

My face turned bright red. She was referring to all the times I had told her how much I wanted to kiss Adam. I would tell her and Clara everything. All my deepest secrets, confessions, and everything I felt towards Adam. She knew how much I desired to be his girlfriend. But I wasn't, and I would never be. Emily was the one who got Adam in the end, and she would stop at nothing to rub it into my face.

"That's right bitch" she said with a devilish smile on her face "I always win"

She pushed past me and kept walking, leaving me alone and embarrassed. I sighed hearing the first period bell go off and I walked to my English class, where I would have to face Adam. I hadn’t seen him all weekend, which was quite amazing since molly and I were in town majority of the time, and since the town was so small the chances of seeing him were high. But thankfully I had luck on my side for once

"Mrs. Kaine, you’re late" Ms. Nelson said to me "not a good way to start the week"

"Sorry I muttered, turning to my seat, which was alone in the corner next to an empty desk.

"You too Mr. Wilton" she said. I looked up from my seat to see Adam behind me. He just shrugged and took the only other empty seat, which happened to be right next to mine. He looked at me and gave me an odd look, before looking directly in front of him, almost as if he was trying to pretend I hadn't existed.

"Alright" Ms. Nelson said smiling "I want everyone to partner up with the person sitting next to them and discuss the last chapter we read over the weekend"

As if today couldn't get any worse. It felt like last Tuesday all over again, where I was forced to work with a boy who hated my guts. The funny thing was it was the same boy. He turned to me, and I tried to smile, but he refused to smile back.