One

The headmaster invited me into his office and asked me to stay there. He'd given me everything I needed and more. My parents, they were killed recently by some bad vampires, in a world where they were trying to create peace between vampires and humans. My family had a complicated history with vampires. Even so far as to say we were a part of the vampire community. Headmaster Cross knew about the whole ordeal, and offered me a place in his academy as I really had no other place to go. Of course it was scary going to a new place, but I felt safe here. Headmaster Cross wasn't the only one who suggested this school to me. I had a complicated history. Again, I could only thank headmaster Cross for taking me in so willingly and without hesitation. And he only insisted on giving me the best he could.

"And here's the surprise!" He shouted as he brought two students into the room.

"It's a girl."

"You're right, Zero. But why?"

I stood and bowed. "I've been asked to join the school. You must be the disciplinary committee. I'm Erika Shizuoka. I'm very pleased to meet you."

"Erika's parents are recently deceased, and I thought what better than another daughter? She's a wonderful addition to our quaint little family. Now, if one of you would show her the ropes, I'd be very thankful."

"On it!"

I bowed again. "Thank you."

"I'm Yuki Cross, and this is Zero Kiryu. It seems like you'll be on the committee with us, so we'll just show you right along. Our job, for the most part, is keeping the day students and night students apart."

"Keeping the vampires away from the unsuspecting humans who know nothing of the night class being beings of the night. I understand the concept. My family was very good with trying to get vampires and humans to connect and live in harmony. This isn't a new concept to me."

"Oh, that's perfect then! We're you also a vampire Hunter?"

"Of sorts."

"Wonderful! I'm sure we'll get along just fine. After class, I'll guide you to the night student building, where we'll keep the students back. Honestly, Zero does the job mostly by himself so we don't need to do too much."

"Okay..."

Class was boring. Just typical things. Our lecturer was a vampire Hunter himself. During break, I checked my phone, but nothing. I would have suspected a text message or something, and yet, not a single notification. Not a call or text. I guess it wasn't so bad, but it was a little lonely. Not having anyone to talk to like usual. No check ins. I would have to get used to that from now on. But sitting in class, I smelled the sweetest smell I had in a long time. I felt my teeth clench, as now wasn't the time to be feeling so nostalgic. Yuki Cross grabbed my hand at the end of class, and we ran for the doors to the night class dorms. A big gate stood there.

I had no problem keeping the girls back. They were screaming, but with just a glare, they backed up. The night students started walking down, and the girls screamed, but I never gave them a look. They were just high class vampires. It was best if I didn't look them in the eye. They might see it as a disregard of their status, and I wouldn't want them to be offended by me on the first day. As they walked past, I heard each of their heart beats. Jingles of pill packs in their pockets and bags. Blood tablets. It was so strange to see such high class vampires acting in accordance to rules of human society. Then again, most aristocrat vampires only wanted peace, especially younger ones. At the head was Kaname Kuran, the lord of the Kuran household. I turned and grabbed a packet of pills as it fell out of someone's pocket.

"Careful. You wouldn't want to lose these."

He smirked. "That was a great catch."

Another boy walked over, but wasn't too close. Girls screamed at me talking to this annoying vampire. Not that they knew he was a vampire. Hanabusa Aido, but girls call him Idol. Rude, but also not a lie. He was a very good model. Most vampires are, that or something to do with their immense beauty.