DEALING WITH THE DEVIL V

TODAY MY LIFE BEGINS WITH YOU (PART I: THE DOLL EMPIRE)
THE DECK OF CARDS I
DEALING WITH THE DEVIL V
C H A P T E R   V
The Old Murders (Roar)

JHAY

“You’re right I am not alone who they offer their services, in fact, they told me how their services works, but I don’t know who are they, I just have a clue when I encounter someone these few weeks” We all got interested on what she was going to say next. We can’t wait anymore longer. But Zayne doesn’t want to make it obvious to us. His arms were crossed while his brows furrowed. While me and Austin was obviously curious what she wants to tell us more. “She met me two weeks ago and tell me everything she knew about the services of the organization” I don’t know but I can smell something fishy about that. Dahil ba sa organisasyon na kinalaban ng kaibigan ko eight months na ang nakararaan? Iyon ba? Hindi ko alam. Is it because Aillard died messing with that organization? It was eight months ago but the whole circumstances was still fresh to my mind.

“Then you talk to each other, may I know who is she?” Austin asked emollient. “Tell us who is she”

“Madison Adkins” she answered genuinely. “We met a few weeks ago, and I don’t know where she lives, we haven’t a word to each other since the last time we met”

“Madison Adkins?” Zayne mumbled having in a deep thought. Malamang iniisip niya kung saan man niya narinig ang pangalan na iyan. In a several seconds, Zayne stood up. “We should find her as soon as possible” without any proper goodbye, he leaves us but Austin and I followed him. Madison Adkins? It wasn’t familiar with me though. It was the first time that I heard that name. But her name sounds European. Especially her name.

“Sa tingin mo, ano kaya ang nasa isip niya ngayon?” I asked but Austin just shrugged. I am not surprised if he answered me with his shrugging shoulders because honestly, I know that Austin has a problem too, when it comes to reading Zayne’s mind. Although, Austin knows how to read one’s mind too, well, it was hard to do especially to someone who was building thick and tall walls around him.

“We doesn’t know what’s on his mind” Austin whispered. “His mind is a very complex problem that we can’t find out” I admit it, Zayne has a different kind of mind, the way he thinks, it’s different from us. It seems like he was living alone on his own world. Like living on his own without caring for the other’s sake. He was living only in the inside of the walls he build so that people can’t come inside. And I wonder why he was doing that.

“He was always like that since the unfortunate scenarios came into his lovely days” I scowled with Austin’s words. Unfortunate scenarios? Why does it sounds interesting for me? “There are unfortunate things happened to him and it was worse than ours” Unfortunate scenarios? What was that? Is there anything worse than having a friend who passed away? I wonder what was that.

“Hey, I can hear you there” Zayne butt in our conversation. Ang lakas naman ng pandinig niya para marinig pa niya kami. Meron ba siyang bugs na nilagay dito kaya naririnig niya kami? “Not literally hear but I can read your lips” Now he can read others by observing their lips, from past days we have, I found out that he can read one’s mind, he can scare a lot of people using his terrible eyes, he can get what he want in his own way, and now, he can read other’s lips even they were far from him. Para na siyang tsismoso kung ganon?

“Whatever” I twitched my eyes. I was dreaming to have his skills but now, I don’t want to have a skills like that because I don’t want to invade someone’s privacy.