DEALING WITH THE DEVIL I

TODAY MY LIFE BEGINS WITH YOU (PART I: THE DOLL EMPIRE)
THE DECK OF CARDS I
DEALING WITH THE DEVIL I
C H A P T E R   I
The Battle (Blank Space)

JHAY

“Ughhh!” I muttered in so much frustration. Anong oras na! May pasok pa ko!

“Bye ate! Una na ko!” my little brother rushed to get down from the stairs.

“Hey, sandali! Wait for me!” I exclaimed as I grab all of my books. I went down through the stairs, nakita ko si papa na nagbabasa ng kaniyang dyaryo habang nagkakape sa dining room. “Bye Pa!” I greeted him with a kiss on his cheek.

“Sige, mag-iingat ah” he reminded us while we still on rush. We just nodded as we pass the living room.

“Ate! Tara na!” Troy screamed at the outside of our house. Bakit ba kasi anong oras na ‘kong nagising? Haish! Nagmamadali tuloy ako.

“Wait a second! I almost forgot my guitar! Just a several seconds!” I turned back at our house and I rushed as I was going upstairs. Carried by haste, I slammed my door which causes it to open. I took my guitar and I was still rushing down because I am fifteen minutes late!         

“Hey I’m so late!” Troy said in a spiteful tone. I know my brother very well, the opposite of what he was saying is the thing that he wants. He wants to be late just to catch all the attention of his classmates. I hissed. It makes him look like an actor, because all the eyes were focused on him.

“Oo na! Eto na!” Bakit, ikaw lang ba ang late? Hay nako, kung hindi lang kita kapatid, baka naihampas ko na sayo ang dala-dala kong gitara.

“Ate!” Troy shouted again at the top of his lungs. Andito na nga e.

“Oo na! I’m coming!” I walked out of our house. I don’t know if — my thoughts were cut off when someone collided me.

BOGSH!!!

“Aray naman!” I shouted as I seated on the pavement. I gently caressed my forehead and slowly opened my eyes. The first one I saw is a man who was whipping his hands to his red and black colored long sleeve stripped polo. His head was bent down because he was staring at his polo. I darted a glance at my books that was scattered at the pavement. My brows instantly furrowed as I faced the man who was still whipping his hands on his polo.

I stood up and he stared at me like I was a criminal. Mainit na nga ang ulo ko dahil anong oras na akong nagising, pagkatapos ganito pa? He stare at me like I was the one who created this mess. Halos magdugtong na ang kaniyang mga kilay dahil sa sama ng kaniyang titig sa akin. He was a tall guy, I think he was a six point something tall. My height just reach his broad shoulders, I was a five above so probably, he was a six fit above tall. He has a blond hair and a lip pierce on the left corner of his lips. He has a pale white skin like a white rose and a snow, he has a numerous of bracelet hanging on his left wrist. He also have a cold eyes like the weather in North Pole or Iceland.

“Why don’t you looking at your fucking way?!” the irritation etched on his face. I slightly grimaced as I heaed him curse. It was just a peccadillos mistake so why does it means so much at him like I had commited a crime? Or I commit something transgression against the law? Dapat nga ako pa ang magalit dahil kung saan-saan siya sumusulpot. “My polo got smirched because of you!” he added as he gave his polo a glance. I slightly opened my mouth as he uttered those words. My brows almost annexed when he spoke those hatred words. Talagang mas concern pa siya sa polo niya samantalang ako ang naagrabyado. There’s no any trace of dirt splattered on his polo! Nor a little taint, I don’t see any one trace of smirch on it! Ganyan ba ka-sensitive ang polo niya?! Or he want me to douse some dirt on his polo just to show the splatter dirt on it?!