DEALING WITH THE DEVIL II

TODAY MY LIFE BEGINS WITH YOU (PART I: THE DOLL EMPIRE)
THE DECK OF CARDS I
DEALING WITH THE DEVIL II
C H A P T E R   II
Fake Girlfriend (Kiss You)

JHAY

“What did you say?” I got bored when he asked that again, how many times he need to ask that to me? “And why wouldn’t you apologize me huh?” I can count on my hands how many times he asked that, it was five, then I answered him too, five times.

“Dismiss” our professor walked through the door. She’s been discussing a lot of lessons this past weeks but I still haven’t get what she was discussing. Maybe I really don’t have brains, I’ll buy on hardware later. Magkano kaya ang isang utak? O baka naman kahit afford ko, maghang naman iyong katawan ko? I just clicked my tongue with that thought.

“Apologize to him Jhay,” Austin whispered. I scratch my head so bad. I don’t want forcing me to the things that I don’t want to do. I’m not used to do this one but they’re forcing me to do it! They know how hard for me to apologize. Even this man sitting beside me, I know, when he analyzed me from head to toe, I know he already knew who I am. I knew he knew what I don’t like to do by what I’ve been acting.

“I can’t do that” I muttered to myself. If Daemon was here, he would probably force me too, to do this. He and Zayne had the same skills, but this one is an arrogant, but Daemon didn’t. However, Austin and Daemon had the same attitude. They’re nice and exuberant to be with.

“If you don’t want, then don’t, there’s only one thing you can do to make me accept your insincere apologize” that caught my attention. I looked at him but when he smiled goofy, I turned it away. Although I don’t want to apologize to him, I still care to Austin’s Club reputation. I don’t want him watch his own club dissolved so I’ve been doing this just to make this man help us more, or for the future and for Harper’s case.

Yup. I don’t want him. I don’t want him to be my friend or just to mingled him at once but I think, he has a lot of communications and acquaintance here. I think he wasn’t new here in our school, and also, he was not new in this city.

By the way of Austin’s illustration at this man, I actually felt something fishy about him. And the time I knew that he was the one who hit me in my arm in the hallway earlier, I felt something cold. Something malicious and mischievous. He was different to the common male student here. I also felt the thrilling sensation before which is very odd for me.

I don’t even felt something from him like asking something about this school, but he doesn’t seems to be enthusiastic at this school or any school so one more thing I observed is he wasn’t the center of the attraction of almost of students. And it proves that he wasn’t new here, you know the students are, they are going to make someone as a center of their attraction especially if they are new here. Although they are staring at him, but the only thing I observe is, the students does not let their eyes meet with this man. The babblings are hanging around but it does not like they are interested on him. Something like…My eyes widened and I got goosebumps when those words popped into my mind.

They are afraid…That’s why they didn’t let their gazes meet with his piercing gazes. He was planting an eerie aura at most of all the person he met. That’s why I felt it too. He can send someone in hell in just a simple mischievous smile and gaze. I suddenly flinched when someone hold my arm. It was cold just like an ice. I felt like I was burned in his very cold hands. It is literal because his hand is actually freezing and cold, it was like an ice.

I looked at him and I retract my arm away from him. I stared at his cold eyes. It was telling me something but I can’t read it clearly. It was faint. There is an ice trying to block my way to not read him clearly.

“Stop reading me, you could never see anything about me in my eyes” He noticed because it takes a while before I avert my gaze. “I know how cold my hands is”

“I’m not trying to read you, and I am not interested with you” I corrected him even though he’s right. I can’t see anything. He must be hiding something. Something dark and dangerous. “And stop disturbing me, I’m trying to understand this” I faced my notebook. I don’t know but my curiosity is starting building from my mind. It’s not that I am interested on him, I’m just curious about him. My brows furrowed when he rotate my notebook.

“You are reading a down…ward notebook?” he asked. “You are in a deep thought isn’t it?” I chose to don’t answer his questions. Maybe I am just quelling myself to him because I don’t want to make any scene that can lead me back in the office. I just can’t do something bad for now because I felt guilty to my father, my father had a lot of burden given by me.

“Don’t tease me or else I’ll slam you with my chair” I muttered. If we aren’t in the school, maybe I slammed you with something on your head. But I respect my father that much so I don’t wanna cause any troubles.

“Oh really? So I’m the one who was teasing you up now? I told you to apologize to me but you didn’t” I darted him a furious look. What the hell is he talking about? I’ve been apologizing to him in several times but he didn’t accept it! Instead, he ignored it all! So I don’t want to waste my time apologizing to him if he will not going to accept it.

“By the way, I had a great deal for you to avoid making you swallow your pride. I know you don’t want to say sorry to me, but I had a choices for you, if you just want to” he beamed. I wonder what is on his mind. By the way his smile was devilish, I knew he had a bad intention to me.

“I don’t want to hear that” It’s better to be focused on my boring notes instead of having a conversation with him. I feel like I was fighting with a kid.

“Okay, it’s your decision” he reclined on his chair. “Just don’t bother me if Austin’s club needs my —”

“What is it? Mind explaining?” pinutol ko na ang mga sinasabi niya. Nangongonsensiya lang naman siya. Imbes na natutulog na nga ang konsensiya ko, ginising pa niya. Para siyang alarm clock kung mag-ingay kaya ang sarap ding ihagis sa pader kapag ayaw mo pang gumising.

“I had only two choices, the first one is to apologize to me until I forgive you but it doesn’t sounds that you like apologizing. You are an impatience person, so —”

“Can you straightforward what you want to say?” why does he is in directing what he want to say?

“Of course I can”

“Then do it, you had a lot of babblings —”

“As what I am talking,” he’s depriving because I cut him off before. “I just want you to shout something here, do you agree?” I smiled and nodded. Iyon lang naman pala ang gusto niyang sabihin hindi pa niya dineretso. He was speaking a lot of unnecessary things.

“Is that all?” I asked and stood up. He nodded. “Then what do you want me to shout?” He showed me his mischievous smile. Wait…did I agreed in the wrong choice? Does the other choice is more difficult than asking him to forgive me? Hey…It’s….I opened my mouth and I was about to form a words but he shushed me.

“You agree. Remember, you nodded” Oh c’mon. This choice I have chosen is the worst one. I’ll guess what he want me to shout in here but I don’t want to spoil it for now. My eyes went bored and my lips puckered sideward. “You guessed it, so don’t ask me”

“Say it, I want to know if I am right” I crossed my arms.

“Shout how you really love me, my girlfriend” he commanded and smirk. As expected, he would chose something that will send me into shame. Why does I only realized it when it’s too late? “Sharirout now” he was really on my nerves! If I had just realize everything quickly, I would probably have chosen to apologize to him no matter how long he accept it. I will definitely shrink to myself after this. I will also expect that I will hear a lot of gossips and babblings around me after this.

“What are you waiting for?” My brows knitted and darted him a gaze. “Do the fun now, don’t make me wait for so long, I’ll be wearied if you still stood up there” the mischievous smile is still etched on his face. Para siyang nanonood ng isang nakakainteresadong palabas sa sinehan. Kulang na lang ng popcorn para halatang-halata na. Tapos ang gandang ipalunok sa kaniya lahat ng popcorn, hanggang sa hindi na siya makahinga? Hindi ba, maganda iyon?

“I can’t do what you want me to do” I rolled my eyes.

“You can’t? Then forget what we deal about Austin’s club” he still waking up my conscience. I don’t want to do it! But if I don’t do this, Austin’s club will dissolve sooner or later. Yup, he already helped us but Austin still need a help and we don’t have any acquaintance we know that can help us to get rid of Harper’s blackmail. Only this man can do that. If I get scared at him, maybe Harper too.

By getting this man on our side, we can solve this problem. He would be a big help if he was on our side. But I still can’t do what he want me to do. Why is it that what I can’t do is what he want me to do?! He really wants and enjoys teasing me.

“I remember Harper dealing with me yesterday” my eyes widened and quickly turned it on him. How did he know Harper? Austin also stared at him in surprise. It means Austin didn’t know that this man knew Harper. So what are they talked about yesterday?

“You knew Harper?” even Austin asked him, his eyes is still fixated on me. He smiled but I am not. He was a good by waking up the conscience of someone, and he also good at blackmailing! I shouldn’t agree on what he wanted me to do! If I know, then I will endure apologizing on him rather than accepting his second offer.

“Of course,” he answered “Indeed, we had a deal yesterday, we talked about what she want. She asked for my help. She asked me to clean all the dirt on her way”

“You didn’t tell me that you are stupid. You are just nothing but to clean someone’s dirt” I remarked. I hope it works and turn the tables around us. “You are letting Harper to manipulate you, I didn’t expect that a man who can sent a thrilling sensation on my spines is manipulated by an idiot Harper” he just chuckled.

“Do you think I will do it for nothing?” I know, no one would give a free favour in these times. Especially to a wise guy like him. My first impression to him was a wise man, because he was an observant and he has a different skills and I sensed his different strategy by knowing one’s weakness.

He had also an unorthodox attitude that can mock anyone to do something bad, he can use his intellectual tactics to turn the tables and make the circumstances favoured on him. Although I can’t read his eyes at sometimes, I can’t read anything on him, by his manners, I can conclude what he was but I can’t dig more deeper especially to his past and to what he was hiding. Even it was just a piece of card, it was a really big help to me to resist his bad intentions. Although it is hard, because he had a strong barriers on his eyes, I had an advantages for this, because I met a lot of people like him before.

I am not a socialize one but when it comes to fights, I am enthusiastic at it. So I had encountered different people, and almost of them had interesting attitudes but some are not. Even I can’t see it in his eyes, well, I can read it in his movements and attitude.

“I know” I gulped.

“I can remove the dirt on her way using my pawns” he darted me a devilish smile which can make my knees shivered. “They will do it for me because I don’t want to trace any dirt on my hand” by the way he talk, he was a manipulative man! If my prediction is right that he wasn’t new here, then maybe he had a lot of connections and that would manipulate us! He was using his strange tactics to make someone agree to him. He was really had the audacity.

“But if you do what I want you to do, then I’ll be on your side” he smile genuinely so I can breathe conveniently. “It was so easy, if you would know, my favour to Harper is more difficult compare to yours” I can’t believe this. If someone doesn’t want to agree with him, he’ll do something hell to make them do what he wants.

“But remember, having me in your side had a lot of payments” If I could turn back the time, I would choose to don’t encounter him. “Being with me also had a lot of responsibilities and unfortunate things might happen”

“I knew that” Austin butt in.

“Think wisely” he smirked at me. I should do this to make our club safe by Harper’s intention. But what do he mean in his words ‘being with me also had a lot of responsibilities and unfortunate things might happen?’ What does it mean? But it doesn’t matter for now.

If he was on our side, I will consider that the King on the chess board is in our side. Even though the King on the chess board is weak and useless by the thoughts of others. The only one reason why they still fighting on the board is to protect their king. The King can manipulate them just to make him safe. The King can manipulate all of his subordinates even the Queen who had the highest power on the chess board. Clever right? Dahil kahit napakahina nito ay kaya parin niyang gamitin ang mga nasasakupan niya upang hindi matalo sa laban. The king can manipulate the queen because we can’t deny that queen was always protecting the king in order to make him safe. Even his pawns was protecting him in order to win. Imagine the board without a king, will they still fight? No because there are no reason to fight and because there are no kings needed to protect to.

The chess is the game of manipulating. The King is manipulating them to win. They were fighting to each other for the yearning of championship. Imagine the board without the King. They can unite, but because there are two kings in different sides, they still fighting for their best.

Having him in the board can flip the board and rearrange the positions of chess pieces in a good terms. But he told before that being with his side is a lot of payments. This means, the favours wouldn’t finished if I do what he want me to do, it was just the beginning. But if I declined him, Harper would have the king on her side. She can do anything just to defeat us. I can’t choose! What do I need to choose?

But being him in our side would done something good to us, compare to the other choices. I should do what he want. I need to stand up in the chair. But before I stood up, I mustered all the strengths I had by closing my eyes and took a deep breathe. Indeed, it wasn’t a big deal to me, I am used to be embarrassed everyday by having a trouble with gangsters. I opened my eyes and looked at him.

“Fine!” I exclaimed. “I’ll do what you want, but promise me, promise me that you would do everything just to turn the tables” he beamed and slightly bowed his head. I don’t know if I was just dreaming because I saw him smiled genuinely that anyone would trust him because of that.

“You have my word” his eyes are fixated on me. “But know the aftermaths of being with me” I don’t care the aftermaths for now. The only important for now is to make the club still ours.

“What the exact words do you want me to say?”

“You love me” nanlaki ang mga mata ko at halos magsalubong ang aking mga kilay ng marinig ang mga salitang iyan na lumabas sa kaniyang bibig.

“What?” I am not shocked because he already said that and I already guessed his thoughts but, I don’t want to shout that words. Not that I had a lover but, ever since the day I had been born, I have no any boyfriends. I had but, literally boy friends. A boy best friend.  But I still didn’t go in the relationship, so if I shouted that here, they would thought a wrong thing and misunderstand everything!

I mentioned before why I don’t want to be in a relationship. It was just giving you a headache. Partners will only control you and regulate you! Kinikilabutan ako sa pagka-overprotective ng mga lalaki sa mga babae kapag nakakapanood ako ng mga movies na ang genre ay romance. Oo. Literal talaga yung kilabot na nararamdaman ko. Tell what you want, but I found out that it was really creepy.

Ary and Jahna is a fond of romance genre. Not only the genre, but also, they are a fond of handsome males and they also had a lot of relationship before but when they hurt, they are going to me and to cry and cry up all night. I don’t believe that love can gave us a relief. The real intention of those guys, is just to hurt us.

Kahit nga ang mga babae nananakit na din ngayon. Love is a tragic. At the end of the relationship, one of the partners are committing a sin. In the end of the marriage, either they divorced or not, it was always be a tragic. The one of them would past away first and the other one will remain here. If they passed away together, they will face another burden when they reincarnate. They will separate whether they like it or not. If reincarnation is really true. 

I don’t want to exclaim it but I need to, for the sake of Austin’s club. I can do this. It was just a mere for me, no one can dare to oppose me here. I smiled when something light bulb illuminated on the top of my head. I looked at him confidently and beam.

“I’ll do it” I diverted my gaze when he look at me suspiciously. I think, he finally sensed what popped on my mind so I averted it quickly. I mustered all the strengths I had by closing my eyes and sigh so deeply before I opened my eyes again. It wasn’t a big deal for me so I can do this. I stepped one foot on our chair and followed by the other foot of mine. All of the eyes around this four corners of the room looked at me. Some of them are murmuring inaudible prattles. I’ll meet the shame again. I looked at the cold man sitting beside my chair before I shout.

“YOU LOVE ME!” all of our classmates laugh so hard as far as they can. Ugh, shame again, I don’t want this. I looked at the man seated beside my chair. His bored and cold eyes stared at me while his forearms are crossed around his chest. He didn’t seemed shock, so he knew my trick. When he looked at me suspiciously, he already knew it.

“Why do you shouted the words that I didn’t tell you to shout?” his unpleasant eyes didn’t avert my gaze. “You knew what I want you to say, but you showed me an old trick”

“Well, that’s what you said, I heard those words when it slipped on your mouth” I answered confidently.

“But I didn’t love you, so why did you yell that?” halata na ang iritasyon sa kaniyang boses.

“You told me to shout you love me, didn’t you?” I crossed my arms. He lifted his head and sigh hardly.

“I don’t love you” he corrected me. He said those words vaguely. So what I heard, is what I yelled and it’s not my fault, it’s his’.

“Oh, I never told you that you love me” yeah I know but it sounds like.

“I told you to say that you love me, not to take it literal” he explain. I knew, I knew, I’m just playing a trick with you. “It’s so easy but why does a stupid like you doesn’t get it clearly?!” his voice slightly rose. Ouch. He slightly treadled my pride with those hurtful words. It’s not new that someone told me that I was a stupid. But coming from him makes me boil to the highest Celsius.

“Yeah, I did it! You tell me to shout that you love me —”

“I said shout that you love me, not to take it literal”

“Yeah, yeah, I did that! You told me to shout you love me and then I —”

“Don’t play a trick with me” he cut me off. “I know you knew what I meant you to say, the way you showed me your shocked face — or a half not — when the first time I told you what to say, you knew it” Yeah he’s right, I knew it. People will have not a hard time to figure it out, but I just want to play a trick on him. I want to turn the tables around us and make it favoured on me.

“But that’s the thing you uttered!” I protested. “You told me to shout that you love me so I did it clearly!”

“I didn’t said that shout that I love you —”

“It comes from your mouth, not mine”

“What the hell?! I don’t love you!” he was starting to build his anger and his face was now turning in to red in so much irritation. He was white and pale like a snow but he was now red than tomatoes because of the so much frustration I given to him.

“They heard it” I stretched my hand to show him our classmates that are murmuring. Bakit parang feeling ko, bumabaligtad ang scenario? Why does it looks like he fell on my trap even though he knew what he want me to say?

“I told you to say that you love me, not I love you”

“I’ve already did that! I shouted that you love me, and I didn’t told you that I love you” I smiled. “Next time that you want me to do something, make it very clear”

“Did you know the consequences of playing a trick around me? Did yah?” his voice went serious and there’s no traces of joking. It was different again. I slightly stepped back when his face darkened.

“You told me to do that, and now you are going to blame me?” my eyes averted on his gaze. I can’t take it anymore. His cold and deep black color eyes are so mysterious and eerie so I can’t stare any longer on it.

“Yeah!” his voice went normal again. I wonder if he had a bipolar disorders or psychosis disorders. He needs a psychiatrist after all. And as a matter of fact, he is more likely to look scary when his attitudes and manners are changing constantly. “I told you to shout that you love me not to shout that I love you”

“Oh, so you love me huh?” my brows wagged. I am just kidding him but he didn’t laugh, he only rolled his eyes around. Para siyang babae sa asta niyang ganiyan.

“No.” he response. “I will never ever fall in love with a stupid girl” Oh, me too! I will never fall to a boastful guy like you!

“But you told me that you love me” I corrected him.

“Whatever” he rolled his eyes and crossed his legs. There’s one more thing I observe on him. It’s fun to tease him. “But having a girlfriend isn’t a bad thing” he stared at me sweetly with his wide grin. Why is he talking about a girlfriend — hey w-what?

“We’re having a talk with what I did, not the girlfriend thing!” I looked at him with my eyes widened.

“Oh c’mon, being my girlfriend is considerable as a lucky one, I don’t have one, can you be?” what on earth is he talking about?! Does he asking me for my permission? Or not? And we only met a several hours ago, and now, here it is, we are now talking about the girlfriend thing.

“Of course not,” He answered as if he knew what I am thinking. Here we go again using that skills. “I’m not asking for your permission, I’m just informing you” What does he mean by that? Does he want to…No, no, no! I will never ever do that in my whole entire life. I will never be his girlfriend!

“I don’t want the idea popped on your mind” I pointed my forefinger on him. “I’ll do everything you want just to make you go on our side, but that is the only thing I can’t do” I landed my hand at the table.

“Correction, not everything because you can’t do one thing” he corrected me. Fine! Whatever! But I don’t like what is on his mind. I’ll never do that in my whole entire life and then now it would be happen just for him?! No! I will do everything just to repulse him. “But that’s the thing I wanna do right now, it’s not bad, I don’t have any girlfriend so be the one” Ano ito? Parang kapag gusto niya, gusto niya?! Ni hindi pa nga niya ako nakikilala ng lubusan pagkatapos magdedesisyon siya ng ganyan kabilis? Hindi ibig sabihin nun na kapag nakilala niya na ako, papayag ako! Hindi ibig sabihin na may kasunduan kaming ginawa ay gagawin ko na ang bagay na iyon! I have a limitation for what I can do and what I can’t do! No! I will never ever be his girlfriend!

“I can’t do that” I shook my head. I can do whatever he want but that’s the only thing I don’t want to do. “Pick another idea, except that thing popped on your mind”

“No. It’s my final decision. It won’t be change” he was teasing me and he was just pushing me to the thing that I don’t want to do! I opened my mouth to form a words but he spoke immediately. “Remember, you didn’t do very well what I want you to say” Bakit ba kasi iyon ang pumasok sa isip niya? Ano ba sa tingin niya ang ginagawa niyang relasyon, isang laro? Na kapag gusto mo, gagawin mo na kaagad? Hindi mo man lang pag-iisipan ng mabuti? It would be a big punishment of mine if that will happen.

“What do you think the thing you’ve dealing with me, just a game?” I asked. Do he think, that this would be only severe the tension between us? Oh, I forgot, he’s a man, so he don’t need to regret the things like this. Instead, he will be proud of it. And I was going to be listed on his list of his ex-girlfriends. If he had ex-girlfriends, malay ko ba kung anong history niya? And I am not interested to his history.

“Yeah, it was just a game, you better come with me and play” he sneered and gave me a mocking smile.

“I DON’T WANT TO PLAY WITH YOU!” He already showed me how dangerous he was. If I play with him, it was like I was playing with the most dangerous devil on Earth. It’s not that I am afraid, but he was too dangerous for me. I can’t take him. He even sent a chilling sensation down to my spine before. I know my limitations when it comes to this. If I can play a game with others, but this was a different one and I can’t play with him. Something unfortunate things might happen if I let him play with me.

“C’mon, it’s fun, don’t worry, I don’t kill people without doing anything wrong with me” he informed. My mind will never change.

“Hey, do anything, but don’t you think to invite her in your favourite game” Austin entered our conversation. I don’t know what Austin mean but I think, his favourite game is a dangerous one.
“Don’t worry Austin, I will never hurt my girlfriend” his attention diverted to Austin. “You know me if I was loving someone”

“As if you love her?” good question Austin. As if he lives me? Because as far as I can remember, we just met earlier and it happened a few hours before and then he will tell Austin that he can’t hurt his girlfriend? That Austin know if he was living someone, as if I was with those women he loved. Instead, we aren’t lovers but we are strangers. And for his information, I am not believing at love at first sight — because our meeting aren’t consider as a love at first sight but a trouble at first sight — and people can’t fall for a person in just one glance.

“Shut up, I’m not your girl” I turned around because I don’t want to see his reaction.

“But whether you like it or not, you’re my girl starting today, wait, I’ll mark a three leaf clover on my calendar for this day.” His voice become lowered. Is he really serious about this thing? Because honestly, he didn’t get my approval but he insist. If I am an idiot like someone who eagerly to have a boyfriend or whatever, I’ll be going to believe him right now, or I’ll never protest on what he wanted. Or if some other girls are on my shoe, they would be tingling and jittery on the attitude of this man because they love men who had an unorthodox manners and they dreamt of a man who was a bad guy and only gentle for her. Iyong parang kinikilig na wala pang sinasabi? I hate that so much. And I will never be one of them.

Almost of the girls wanted a bad guy or something really bad. However, they didn’t know how dangerous to play around with the most dangerous man on Earth. But I am not one of them. I am not a fond of this things. Being in a relationship is wasting my time. People almost spend a couple of hours, or either a whole day of their life with their partners, but me, it seems so boring. Maybe, it was only a product of being single? I haven’t experience the feeling of being in love so maybe I am just lack of experience about that so that I am thinking like this and I have a perspectives like this. What do you think?

“Thanks for someone who gave an idea” I cover my both ears with my palm and I firmly closed my eyes to don’t hear what he was saying. “It’s been a long time ago since I had in a relationship, it’s not bad to have a girlfriend like you, but it seems that I’ll be bored on you —” I stood up because I can’t take it anymore.

“SHUT UP!” I exclaimed. I feel that a lot of eyes are staring at me. Did our —

“Miss Keynes!” our professor yelled and his thin voice echoed on the four corners of our room. Another embarrassment again and another punishment. I was so frustrated on the things like this, but some time, I was used to it for every day so I learned to be accustomed by this circumstances. I know what the next words he’d going to say. I secretly snapped my fingers under the table but someone chuckled and it caught my attention. It was Zayne. “In the office! Now!” I deeply sigh and rolled my eyes.

It wasn’t a surprise to me if I got invited in the office once again. Going to office is considerable a lucky one. The air condition in the office is more cold and refreshing compare here. There’s a pungent smell spreading here in our room. Especially when someone new entered our room, the reeking smell is more spreading in our room. Oops, I am wrong, there’s a reek of evil doings spreading in our lovely room.

We walked together with my lovely professor, who gave me a sweet invitation to come in the office. But someone join him in his walk. I recognized her as a student because of her uniform but, her skirt is under the premises of our school. It was too short, she’s like showing her flawless legs to all of students here. She has a white skin like a snow and her hair has a color violet and greyish and it was curled. She seems so lovely and innocent when she smiled. I remember Zayne again. I don’t know why does it popped on my mind — as if I have a brain?

Sometimes, I was a manipulative person but I did it in the right way. I was engaging the trouble for the good things. I am not a trouble-lover for nothing. I slow down my steps to let them lead the way and be far away from me. I am not enthusiastic at hearing the private conversations of others, but if it’s important to me, why not? They got so far away from me. My eyes are dropping and I touch the white concrete walls. I let my fingers walk on it. I can feel that my fingers is heating because of being exposed to the white concrete walls. I let my fingers trailed on the white concrete walls while I was walking.

I think, it was a part of his plan. From the first time we showed our different faces and our varied perspectives, he instantly get annoyed with me. And maybe he think for a good scheme to send me to the office as his revenge, as if it was a revenge? It wasn’t a surprise if he did a lot of bad things to me. If we are going to be a classmates and seatmates, then I must be get used to a situation like this. By bringing me to the office would be a happiness for him. And I can vividly envisages the status that we will be in the next days.

As a matter of fact, I was astound that he and Harper are relevant. I wonder what kind of favour did Zayne gave to Harper that he can call it a harder one compare to me. Harper isn’t an innocent when it comes to a relationship. Indeed, if Zayne offered him the thing he offered to me, she wouldn’t hesitate to accept it. But I know Harper how she love my friend, so that it could be impossible after all.

Even Harper did that thing to us, I really trust her that she won’t cheat on my friend even he was passed away. I know how they love each other although sometimes they misunderstand each other but I trust their love for each other. It was very strong to break. You can compare how strong their relationship to the titanium chains.

After a date with the white concretes on the corridor, I arrived at the office. They started preaching on me, discoursing me to what I have done. I didn’t protest them, it was just a waste of time if I do that. My time here would be longer if I defend myself against them. I was hearing the sermons of the pulpiteers around me. There is a lot of professors in the office so it was fuzzy if there’s only one professor who will pulpit me. And also, I was always been going to office, kaya naman dinidiligan na talaga nila ako ng sermon dahil ayaw na nilang mabalitaan ulit na may ginawa na naman akong hindi maganda.

The words come forth on their mouths accepted on my right ear and exits on the left one. I am not interested of their words of wisdom. Tell me that I am an unethical individual but, the words they were saying isn’t new anymore. I always heard that in their mouths as I everyday come here. But I didn’t hear those when I suspended for one week but yesterday, I heard them again and today again. When they adjourned the preaching ceremonial, I exited the office.

“Yes…The exhortation comes an end” I muttered to myself and sit on the chair next to the office. They told me to wait here, while they are thinking what punishment they want to imposed to me. I was praying that it will be a one week suspension. I don’t wanna see Zayne loitering around my sight. So being suspended might help me to stop from seeing him every day.

“I will guess, you are waiting here for the result of their decision on what they want to give to you” although we just met a few hours ago, I can recognize his cold and annoying voice. Tinignan ko siya upang makita ko ang kaniyang reaksiyon. He was sitting beside me and had a five inch distance between us. His legs are crossed also his arms.

“I don’t want to have a fight with you here” I averted my gaze and rested my palms on our seat. We are sitting on a bench without backrest. He was gently fidgeting his right foot and I was frisking my feet in an opposite motion.

“Why, is it because a lot of CCTV surrounds us?” he satirize. It’s not funny. It’s not that I don’t want because there are a lot of CCTV here, but I am not in a mood right now. Maybe anon?

“Nah, I am not in mood” I answered. He chuckled.

“Why? Because they are going to punish you again?” I am not disappointed on having a punishment, indeed, I am happy having a punishment because I won’t be able to see you. And my time with my best friend room is prolonged. We would have a bonding all day long! I just shook my head as a response to his question. “Oh I see. You are a keen when it comes to the punishments”

Ito na naman tayo sa mind-reading skills niya. Alam ko na iyan, kaya pwede ba, huwag na niyang gamitin ang kakayahan niyang iyan para manghimasok sa isip ko? He was breaking my privacy.

“Don’t worry, I wouldn’t let my girl get on the trouble” I cover up my face using my palms because of so much frustration. How many times do I need to inform him that I am not his girlfriend? How many?

I thought he was intelligent enough because he showed me his different skills compare to the common one or two? But, why does it showing me that he had a narrow mind right now? It was easy to understand but why does this thing makes harder when it comes to him?

“I’m not your girl” I corrected him but he ignored.

“Whatever” He uncrossed his legs. “How stupid you are for not being able to understand my simple instruction?” so I am the stupid now huh? Siya kaya itong hindi makaintindi sa sinasabi ko.

“I don’t understand you” my brows furrowed and I darted a serious look on him. Why is he doing this? Of all the women around the world that he can use as his girlfriend, why me? I’m just a simple girl studying here who doesn’t like love. And I don’t like having him in my life, so please, get rid out of my life. “Why does it me? We just met earlier” I am so curious about what’s on his mind.

“There are a lot of girls around you who can give you happiness, but why me? I don’t even love you, or either like you. I haven’t been in a relationship so don’t me, I don’t like the idea of yours. If you want, I have a lot of acquaintance that will definitely like you —”

“That’s what I don’t like” he cut me off. His voice went serious. “I just wanted to have fun with. I don’t want any girls hanging with me who’s wanted a lot of luxurious things nor love me. I don’t want to have a relationship for happiness or pleasure, I just want something new…I just want to have a relationship who doesn’t like or love me. The more you hate me the more I want you to be my girlfriend because…I just want to have fun…”

“Hey I’m not a toy” his face illuminated when he lifted his both eyebrows. He slightly smile, I don’t know if I am just imagining or hallucinating but I saw a genuine smile and I only realized now that he has a dimple on his right cheek.

“I know it, but I don’t want a girls like them anymore, and it’s good if I get on the relationship with a partner who doesn’t like me” then what’s the matter of having a girlfriend who doesn’t like him? Relationship is for the people who love each other. I can’t comprehend him! He was like a woman. A complex one who hard to comprehend.

“I can’t understand you” I shook my head. I really don’t like what he wanted. I don’t want to deal with him. I can’t see the matter of having me in his game. I don’t know why he chose to have me or to be his girlfriend because we don’t like each other and people who tend to make a relationship should needed to love each other but for him? I don’t know. I heard him deeply sigh and stood up but…something unfortunate thing happened.

I fall to the ground, but I grab someone’s hand? I don’t know. I close my eyes. I feel a soft thing on my lips? What is that? I slowly opened my eyes but it widened when I saw his lips on mine!

I quickly pushed him back and I saw him wipe his lips with the back of his hand. Ah, so nandidiri pa siya?! Ano sa akala niya ang ginawa niya? He was the one who did it! Why does he kissed me?! I told him that I never been attach in a relationship so…

“Why did you pushed me so hard?” he asked. He slowly stood up and wipe all the dirt adhere on his shirt.

“You kissed me!” he stopped and looked at me strangely.

“It looks like it was your first” I can feel my face burning in shame. I bowed my head to prevent him looking at my face. “You look red, did I did something?” Nagtatanong ka pa? Hinalikan mo kaya ako? He seems like he didn’t bothered to what happened.

“Hey answer me, is it normal for you to turn red?” he stepped towards me but I step backwardly. “Why are you turning red?” He didn’t know why a person is turning red? I expect that he knew because he was reading one’s mind through facial expressions and gestures.

I straightly stood up and walked away. I can’t take it anymore! He send me into shame before, he also sent me to office, and now…He took my first kiss! I can’t believe this! For the single day he came to our school, he almost took all I have! He was insane! Ugh! I don’t want to get on the room anymore. I’ll go back home! I feel someone’s soft hand hold my wrist and that made me halt.

“Hey, what happened to you? I didn’t mean to do that,” his voice are melancholic. He held my both shoulders and face me to him. What is he doing? My brows furrowed and flinched for a while. “I didn’t mean that thing, I didn’t meant to kiss you, and it was an accident. You held my hands when you are about to fall to the pavement and then you pulled me to you so that’s why I kissed you accidentally in the pavement before” he looked at me so deeply.

“I…I am…” what is he trying to say? Why does it sounds so hard for him to make him tell those words — Oh whatever. I remember asking Austin before if the man he was referring to is can’t say the word sorry.

“Whatever, you can’t do that” I remove his both hands and I was about to go at the school when he grab my wrist. What —

“Be my girl okay?” wait, w-what? Hinila na lamang niya ako ng wala man lamang pasintabi. Hindi ko alam kung saan ba niya ako dadalhin pero habang patagal ng patagal na hinihila niya ako ay nakaramdam ako ng gutom.

Nagugutom ako…Saan kaya pwedeng kumain mamaya? He halted immediately so my head collided his back. Why does he stopped?! I was going to shout at him and ask him why he did that, but it hold back when I saw a girl with a violet and greyish curled hair hugged my companion so tight on his waist. Wait, I remember her. She was the girl with my adviser before.

Mukhang nakakaistorbo ako sa kanila ah? Sabi niya kanina, hindi niya gusto ang mga babaeng may gusto sa kaniya, pero ngayon, nag-iiba na ang ihip ng hangin? Tumalikod ako at maglalakad na sana ako palayo ngunit humigpit ang pagkakahawak niya sa aking pulsuhan. Tinignan ko siya at nakasalubong ko ang kaniyang seryosong tingin na tila ba nangungusap sa akin at sinasabing ‘Stay’.

Hinawakan niya ng kaniyang isang kamay ang kamay ng babaeng kaniyang nasa harapan at balak na sana niya itong tanggalin ngunit humigpit pa lalo ang pagkakayakap sa kaniya ng babae.
“Katty” he called the girl’s name. Katty? Her face doesn’t seems so familiar. This was the first time I saw her. Is she a transferee? “Stop this shit Katty” his voice was so cold. Is she the reason why he wanted me to be his girlfriend even I don’t like him? Is this?

From the tone of his voice, it wasn’t his friend or a relative, or something important to him. Or she was no longer important to this man? I don’t know. I don’t know how to read one’s mind or to see other’s past like Zayne did to me. But I can assure that there is something more than being a friend, or relative between the two of them.

“Let go of me Katty before I force you to let me go” I feel like my wrist is going to break because of his grasp onto it. I feel like I need to visit my father’s friend, an orthopedic doctor. “Choose one” Ang sakit naman niyang magsalita. Pwede naman niyang sabihin ng maayos, but he was really a different person. Napapaisip tuloy ako kung tao ba siya o hindi. Especially that he had a different skills that several of human had, and one of that is having no heart with other human beings. Siguro nga tama ako ng minsan kong inisip na isa siyang witch or he was using a black magic.

Slowly, Katty let go of him. I saw her eye liner trickle down with her tears. She get her handkerchief on her pocket and wiped her tears. She seems so innocent so why does this man hurting her? What is really happened between the two of them?

“I just can’t live without you…” the girl starting crying so hard but my companion didn’t care for it. He was really a monster. He wasn’t a person, he was a monster. He can manage himself to be cold and nonchalant despite of the girl crying in front of him. May nagawa bang kasalanan ang babaeng iyan to make him act so cold and dark? Because person who can do that is the one who have been hurt so much.

“Drop the act now, Katty. Don’t make me look like an evil” Zayne commanded as if he didn’t feel anything for her. What does this innocent girl do to him to make him mad like this? And what act is he talking about?

I can’t stand here anymore longer to watch this girl crying so hard in front of us. I don’t know who was telling the truth but I can’t stand for a situation like this. I don’t know if my judgement is correct because honestly, sometimes, my instinct is not trustable. I don’t even read her, I don’t know how to read someone’s personality easily, and someone doesn’t describe her to me so it was hard for me to judge without basis. She just emerged on my sight when my teacher invited me to the office.

Like Austin did before when he illustrate this man. I got a clue on him. And it was unlike to this woman named; Katty. She was wiping all the tear dripped down to her soft face. Her eye liner melt when she cried so hardly. I was going to touch her back using my other hand when Zayne grabbed it. He looked at me like saying that ‘don’t do it’. I furrowed my brows but Katty caught our attention when she hugged Zayne again.

“Please come back to me…I will do anything you want just to make you come back to me” Katty’s tattered voice are so apologetic. Are they a couple before? If not, then, what are they? And why does she was asking for my companion to come back? “Please…” Katty’s plead is futile when it comes to a cold hearted man.

“Let me go” You can see in the eyes of Zayne that he was angry to this woman. I remember what he mentioned earlier. ‘C’mon, it’s fun, don’t worry, I don’t kill people without doing anything wrong with me’. I don’t know if he was kidding me before but I got his point now.

Ang salitang kill sa sinabi niya ay hindi literal. Ang ibig niyang sabihin ay mawawalan na ng puwang sa puso niya. I don’t know if my hunch is true or not. She let him go and wiped again her tears oozing at her white milky skin.

“Please, I can’t stand this situation we had anymore, so please, come back to me,” Katty looked at Zayne’s face but Zayne didn’t. “We can amend this mere things…” I heard Zayne chuckled sarcastically.

“Ask her if she want” Zayne pointed his lips on me. Oh no…no, I don’t want to be visible in their eyes. I don’t know how to react, I don’t even had an experience on the things like this. I feel Katty’s sight was on me. I gulped the lump on my throat. This man sends me in different chaos in different ways for today. I was expecting the worst one would come next.

“Why would I need to ask her?” Katty knitted her brows as she heard a bewilderment statement from my companion. I didn’t accept his offer! What would I do?! I am the one trapped in this man’s trouble! Is this the reason why he was insisting me to accept his offer? To trap me on his games? Is this his games?

He want me to face his problems! I don’t want to be in trouble again! I don’t know if I have a twin when I was born but it seems so true. Looks like I have a twin, and it was the trouble. I don’t know if I was cursed, because honestly, every day, the trouble is haunting me!

“Is it true?” Katty ask. What would I need to say? I looked at my companion and I encountered his dreadful gaze. I got goosebumps and the chilling sensation sent down to my spine. I was already feel apprehension when he showed me his frightening eyes. I averted my eyes but I still feel uncomfortable and I can’t breathe conveniently.

“Tell me, who are you?” I looked at pitiful Katty. Mababakas mo sa kaniyang mga mata na matagal na siyang umiiyak dahil sa mga mugto niyang mga mata. Kailangan ko ba talagang sabihin ang bagay na iyon? Bakit ba kasi ako nasama sa kaguluhan na ito? I am not a liar, and I don’t want to —

“She’s my girl, so get out of our way” Zayne cut off my thoughts. Katty doesn’t get out of our way. “I said get out of our way” Zayne firmly commanded. She still on our way. I thought that drama doesn’t exist on his life. Don’t worry, it was just my first impression to him. Hindi naman ako judge mental but for him, I needed to. Because he did that too to me and to be fair, I will do the same. And it was to judge him.

I looked at Zayne suspiciously. I wonder if he intentionally meet this girl? Because he come in the office and then when we — I don’t want to mention it — you know. He grabbed my hand and brought me here. My gut feeling saying something about his intention.

“No! I just want you back! I don’t believe you” Katty’s voice rose.

“I don’t care” Zayne pushed her sideward to get rid of our way. I was surprised on what he did. I tried to protest him and help the poor girl to stand up but he was gripping my hand.

He was holding my hand not until we arrived on the corridor outside of our room, he let go of my wrist. I hold my wrist but it hurts. My wrist got reddish when he hold it tightly. He stepped to walk inside the room but I held his upper arm.

“What do you want?” his bored eyes met mine.

“Why did you do that?” I asked confused. “Why did you hurt her? You see that she was crying, but you are an indecent man! You’re malevolent! You didn’t respect her feelings or whatever she feels! She didn’t do something to you. You can talk to her properly without hurting her feelings, but you didn’t do. Why does it hard for you to take a little time to clarify the things between you and her? I am not interfering on your problems but you are the one who put me here. You are a discourteous and profane man! You’re just like them” I can’t believe he had a manners like an evil! Yeah, he showed it before, but I don’t expect that he did that to an innocent woman.

Wala siyang ginawang masama. Compare to me, we’ve met before and yeah, if my morning ruined, then his’ too! I know why he was blackmailing me but, it is not fair to treat a girl like that! If I can protest to him, then that woman is different from me. And she doesn’t deserve that. They can talk to their problems in a proper way but he didn’t do!

I can’t believe that there’s still a person living in the world with a manners of evil. They can talk to their problems in a good way but instead of talking to each other, he pushed her away at mas ginusto pa niyang makasakit ng ibang tao. Emotional pain is more hurtful than a physical pain. I experienced emotional pain but not in a situation like this and I can tell that it feels like shattering your heart into pieces.

“Are you done with your righteous speech?” he scorned. I’ve used to encounter a boastful person everyday but he’s different to them. He was the worst of all I met.

“She’s innocent, and she didn’t do anything —”

“Don’t defend her if you don’t know her” he lean closer to me. “You don’t know everything, your role is to be my girl not to be my preacher” he harshly removed my hand on his arm and walked inside.

Yeah, he’s right, I know nothing but I can’t take any longer watching him hurting other’s feelings by embarrassing them. There’s no individual deserve the shame. They can still feel all the emotions we had. If the other individual can afford such things and watch it until the end without doing anything, well I am not one of them.

The whole day of my classes was not a new for me. Dealing with such troubles aren’t new. My whole day in my school isn’t new but it has a twist. I met an arrogant man who’s in my match. I admit that he can sent chills down to my spine but I am not a coward to don’t confront him. I can manage my fear at him.

Hindi kami nagpansinang dalawa kahit tingin man lang. He was too busy sleeping in our classes with wearing a headphone. I saw him take a lunch but outside of our school. Is it because he was new? Nah. I don’t think he was a newbie here earlier so I don’t think that he was a newbie here. I saw him talking to a high ranking students and different high school officials here.

He even had a talk with the president. If the President’s subordinates are the only he had talk with, I wouldn’t suspected him that he wasn’t new here. It is the job of the lower ranking students and lower subordinates of the high subordinates of the President to guide and talk to the transferees so that they don’t change their minds and regret their decision by transferring here and will leave this school immediately.

He didn’t also look at the maps on the bulletin board in the lobby if he was new here. Our school is a big one, and if you are new here, then you should talk to the high school officials to guide you. A lot of transferees got lost here because other students are fooling them. And our school was very huge that even us, and even the professors was still got lost here.

My two days being his seatmate isn’t hard. We didn’t speak to each other. We didn’t let our eyes met as before. It’s good that he isn’t speak to me. I don’t want also having a word with him. It’s just like before, as if I had nothing with our table. He seems invisible into my eyes and I also seems invisible to him. Mas mabuti na ang ganito kaysa naman kulitin niya ako ng kulitin sa mga bagay na ayoko.

    I also didn’t got suspended when my professor arrived to our room and witnessed how I exclaimed the words I needed to exclaimed in order to let Zayne be on our side. I don’t know why but I regret that because I still want to got the suspension and be on our house for one week. Mas maganda kasi iyon kaysa naman araw-araw kong makita si Zayne, but it doesn’t happen and I don’t know why I didn’t got suspended.

He was always sleeping on our classes but the only strange to him is...He doesn’t listen to our lessons like me because he is asleep — But I didn’t sleeping even I am so bored in the class — I don’t know if he was invisible in our professor’s eyes, or he was just letting Zayne to sleep on their classes to us. Yeah ‘their’ because he sleeps in almost of our classes whole day. Pinagdadasal ko nga na sana malunod siya sa panaginip niya para hindi na siya magising pa, hindi joke lang ‘yon. I want to sleep on our class but every time I was doing that is they are throwing their chalks or white board pen and eraser to me, kaya hindi ko na ginustong matulog sa mga klase nila lalo na sa math. He is also not interested in reading his notes, nor do I even know if he has notes or not.

However, when we are having a quiz, I could see him staring at the book with his bored and dropping eyes. But after he and the book finished their staring contest, he will just go to sleep again and placing his headphone on his both ears. When our quiz occurs, I don’t know if he was using a magic because he can almost answer all the questions that our professor giving to us. Is he a sorcerer? The first thing he did is to read one’s mind, now he has an eye camera? I wonder what would be the next. And I wonder if he was really a human or a kind of sorcerer.

“Oh, hindi ata kayo nagpapansinan ng boyfriend mo?” Ary derision. I looked at her wickedly. Hanggang ngayon ba naman iniisip talaga nila na kami? They all heard Zayne, that it was just a game for him. That it was just for fun. Iba talaga kapag makitid ang utak.

“We aren’t couples, so don’t address us like that” I shook my head and held the shoulder-straps of my bag. I walked like a Dora’s style on our hallway.

“But you two are supposed to!” Jahna exclaimed. Kaibigan ko ba sila o mas lalo lang nila akong tinutulak sa ayoko? Alam naman nila na ayoko ng mga ganyang bagay dahil hindi ako interesado. It was just a waste of time. I have more important tasks waiting for me rather than wasting my time with that useless things. Ayokong sayangin ang oras ko sa pakikipagharutan sa mga tao. I am not fond of those things and I will never be. Bitter na kung bitter, but it was me.

“I have no interest to that guy, I don’t like the essence of his aura. That such aura is different and I don’t like the color of it” he must be hiding something. Something that Austin knows. I’m curious about it but I sensed that it was too dangerous for me. But if I didn’t find the answer for it, my curiosity will start kill me little by little.

“What are you talking about?” Ary asked confusedly. So they didn’t notice the thrilling sensation he can send to almost of the students here? I know some of them can feel it because every time their eyes are encountering Zayne’s dark, deep, and cold eyes, they are diverting it away. And I can feel it too! My trembling hands and my shivering knees told me so.

“Can’t you feel that?” I asked. Do they know how dangerous that man for them and for us?

“Yeah, we are! We know him that he was a dangerous man, but that’s what we want! That was our type!” I grimace when I heard those words. It was natural to heard it from the mouths of them. Their type is always a dangerous man, they feel like they are in the romance novel and they are the innocent girl who fell with the dangerous man. They feel like they are the key to change a cruel and evil man. You know that thing if you are watching romance movies or series or reading books like that. It was a normal and I always seeing it in the TV series. What a tedious and boring topic. That topic was trite and cliché. And they are still dreaming of a dangerous bad guy who is only gentle to them but I am not with them.

“Didn’t you get attracted to him?” My brows knitted and I faced Jahna. His eyes is sparkling in so much attraction to that man. I was afraid that their admiration to that guy will lead them to the dangers.

“Of course not —”

“Oh, here you are, I’m afraid that I lost my girl” I flinched when he wrapped his arms around my shoulders. It sends a chilling sensation to my spines. Tila ba tumigil ako sa paghinga dahil sa ginawa niya. Why am I feels like I was suffocated? A several seconds, everything syncs in to my mind.

“Speaking of the devil” I mumbled. I held his arm and tried to remove it but he pulled me closer to him. My brows annexed because of his acts.

“You addressed your man so badly, my honey” kinikilabutan ako sa mga pinagsasabi niya! I roamed my eyes and I saw Austin behind us. I gave him a questioning stare ‘What’s goin’ on?’ but he shrugged.

“Let me go” I commanded him. Kailangan ko pang tumingala upang makita siya dahil napakatangkad niyang tao. Sana lahat pinagkalooban ng height.

“Nah. I don’t want” He didn’t obey and just hang his arms around my shoulders. As expected. Ano na naman bang kailangan niya sa akin? Hindi naman niya ako lalapitan ng walang kailangan. And as a matter of fact, he wants me to suffer on what I did to him when we first met. He was blaming me for ruining his morning, so I was too.

“What do you want?” I asked. Instead of answering my questions, he lugged me to somewhere.

“Be nice, and be my girlfriend for a while” my brows knitted. Gagamitin na naman niya ako sa kalokohan niya? Ako na naman ang iipitin niya sa gulo niya. And I can’tlet him for another time again. I remember once he introduced me as his girlfriend and a woman just rendered from suffering because of that.

“No! I don’t want to be your instrument again!” I can’t suppress the anger building inside me. He was too much! I am not used to do with this such things! And he was just using me as his instrument to dispel his ex-lovers or whatever do he call to that woman. And I felt guilty to what he did to that innocent woman.

“You have no choice but to accept it, I already introduced you” he smirked. So kaya pala niya ako sinundan sa office noong isang araw at kaya pala nahalata kong sinadya niyang makita si Katty sa hallway ay para wala akong ibang choice oras na mangyari ulit na pilitin siya ng babaeng iyon na bumalik sa kaniya? Oh God, can you give a good reason to me why you sent this man to me and meet him?

I remember our last conversation outside of our classroom. I wonder what kind of girl is Katty? I had a pile of hunch but it fade away when we met. She looks so innocent and pure. But base on his reaction when I confront him, I have a clue who really she was. I don’t know! I am not a socialize person so I don’t know if Katty is a newbie here or not. I also don’t know if she was really an innocent or not because a person wouldn’t treat her like that if she was. But who am I to judge? I don’t know their story so it was hard to judge. But I have a rights to pry because Zayne included me to this chaotic situation.

“I can’t stand anymore for your malicious intentions” he laugh.

“Really? Malicious intentions? No, I have no intentions like that” we halted on the same way we met Katty last time. I don’t know what are we doing here but we really seems like a couple here. Kung kaya ko lang, sinapak ko na siya ulit sa mukha ng itigil na niya ang kalokohan na ito. I tried to remove his arms wrapped around me but he didn’t let me.

“Can you remove your heavy arm on my shoulders?” his arm is so heavy. I am wondering why the girls want their partner wrapped their arm on their shoulders.

“Nah, I don’t want” his voice are very serious. “You will just scape me if I did that” What a clever idea! I didn’t think of that but he gave me an idea what to do! I almost jumped when he hugged me so tight. What is he doing? I-I can’t breathe.

“After this, I would bathe with a lot of alcohol and sanitizer” nakahinga ako ng maayos ng marinig ko ang kaniyang pang-iinsulto sa akin. How dare he is to disparage me? For retaliation, I squeeze his stomach and I heard him ache for that. He gave a distance between us.

“Why did you do that?” Nagtatanong ka pa? Kung ikaw kaya ang insultuhin ko kung hindi ka mapikon? And to hug you surprisingly as a girl was much unexpected. You shouldn’t hug a woman or a girl without her permission or else, she’ll punch you.

“Whatever” My eyes rolled and I crossed my arms.

“Come closer to me” Why would I? If I come closer to you, maybe I can’t suppress myself anymore and I will be ending punching you again. My lips puckered.

“I don’t want to” my arms crossed.

“I said come closer to me” he firmly said those words but I ignored him. I don’t want to have a fight with him but hugging me without any asking my permission is too much! He even kissed me two days ago. Ano naman sa tingin niyo ang susunod na mangyayari? — No, no, no! Don’t think that thing! It will never be happen!

“Didn’t you heard —” He cut me by grabbing my wrist and pulled me closer to him. He lugged me again towards the parking lot. What are we supposed to do?

“Hey, what are you planning to do?” he ignored my question and walked to the blue Lamborghini Aventador. I know what kind of car is this because of the brand name on the middle of the hood of the Lamborghini Aventador. He placed his left hand on his pocket and get his car keys.

Wait, is he trying to kidnap me? Wait, no! Wala siyang siyang karapatan na kidnap-in ako! And what would he do if he kidnapped me? But, he told me that his underlings would do the dirty things instead of him. Then it’s no longer a kidnap! Then what trick is it?

“Get in” he commanded and the door of the car lifted. Woow…Nakakaignorante ang sports car niya. But why would I get in? For what?

“I don’t want to” he squinted on me. “I had a hunch that you are going to sell me! So I don’t want to get inside of your car” even though his car is exciting to ride, I don’t want to! I know who he was, although I don’t know him wholly, but he showed me his attitude for three days. It’s enough to decline his offer.

“What? Where did you get that stupid idea?” he scorn while chuckling. “But at some point, it’s a good idea of yours, I can sell you to random acquaintance I had. It will made me wealthier than before because of that” let me guess the kind of acquaintance he had, it was like him.

“But if I will trade you, maybe, I can ask one of my underlings to do that” inilagay nito ang kamay niya sa kaniyang baba na para bang nag-iisip ng mabuti. “Who the hell would take an interest with you?” If I know that he would belittle me, I wouldn’t tell him that thoughts.

“Whatever,” I held his hand who’s still gripping on my wrist. “Let me go” He ignored what I said.

“Nah, you’ll agree, whether you want it or not” he pushed me to his car but I held the ceiling of his car. “Are you going to get inside or I’ll be the one who will push you?” He will push me? Try me and I will really commit a crime here, a murderous and ghastly crime.

“I just don’t —”

“Zayne?” our attention caught by someone who asked and we stop arguing. It was Katty. She was bearing a bunch of books at papalit palit ang tingin niya sa aming dalawa ng kasama ko. “Can I ask you something?” I stood up but when I encountered the eerie gaze of Zayne, I almost fall on the ground. Buti na lamang at nakahawak ako sa ceiling ng sasakyan niya kaya naman hindi ako tuluyang bumagsak. His eyes are threatening like anyone will change their minds in just a single stare and seconds. I can feel his aura changing into dark again. But Katty looks didn’t bothered to his freaking eerie aura and gazes because he was still standing in front of Zayne and staring at his eyes. How can she manage to do that? How can she manage to not tremble by his dark presence and eerie gazes?

“No.” that word is like a long word for Katty. I don’t know the whole story of them so I realized that I shouldn’t judge this man quickly because I don’t know his side, I don’t know why he loathe this girl. They are in a relationship from the past because it was really obvious when he last speak with this girl. They more likely looked like ex-lovers than ex-friends. Isa pa, paano naman magkakaroon ng kaibigan ang lalaking ito kung ganuan ang ugali niya? And who will consider them as an ex-friends if you will hear from Katty that she’ll do anything just to make Zayne come back to her? That wasn’t a normal for friends who misunderstood each other. So they are more likely an ex-lovers.

“But, just a little while, I just needed to explain you everything —”

“I clearly said this to you, right?” I feel like I am an invisible here again. I want to shrink to avoid myself getting involve with them but unfortunately, I can’t do that. I am not a God.

“But let me explain first, I just needed to —”

“I told you that I have a girlfriend” when her eyes diverted on me, I wanna shrank or either I wanna vanished at their eyes. I don’t want to be the reason why a person suffering depression, sadness, or either death. Ayoko ng maramdaman ang pakiramdam na sinisisi ka sa pagkamatay ng isang tao o sa dahilan ng pag-su-suffer ng isang tao. Na gusto mo ng sabihin sa sumisisi sayo na kung gusto ko lang, ako na sana ang nawala. He doesn’t deserve to die for me, but me I deserve that. And those people, they doesn’t deserve to be hurt just because of me.

“But I don’t believe you” her tears slowly dripped to her smooth cheek. She wiped it immediately. In abstruse reasons, I felt like my heart was tearing into pieces as I saw her in despair because of me. “I don’t believe you that you can get a girl especially like her” my eyes widened. What did she say? Is she disparaging me?

“I don’t believe you that you can get a girl easily. I don’t believe you that you would fall in love with her easily” Katty remarked and stared at Zayne’s terrible eyes. She has a point. I thought she was insulting me but it wasn’t. A people can’t heal easily — wait, kakahiwalay lang ba nila? If it was…then is Zayne really loved her or he was just making fun of it just like he wants to do to us…Wait…why do I feel and smell so fishy?

“So what do you think that I can’t find anyone easily?” my companion was sarcastic. “Do you think I would stick with you forever, after all the things you’ve did?” Mukhang personal na ang pinag-uusapan nilang dalawa. Nagtataka tuloy ako kung kailangan ko na bang umalis o hindi. Katty can’t suppress anymore the pain building inside of her so she cried hardly. I can’t see a girl crying just because of a man. But now, I have witness it again. Because the last time I witnessed a woman crying for a man is my friend; Ary.

        She cried hardly for her long time boyfriend and it was her who broke up with him, but she didn’t told us her reasons and I don’t want to force her. Pero matagal ng nangyari iyon at sa pagkakaalam ko lang ay first boyfriend niya iyon. And that time, I feel her pain even though I didn’t experience that. Infallible, her past boyfriend made the mistake to her because she told us so but not the every detail. Pero simula nuon, hindi na sila nagkabalikan pa ng taong iyon.

“Stop this chase Katty, we’re done” Ouch. Hearing those words from the one you love is a kinda hurtful. I don’t experience it but some of my friends told me so. “Love is not in my vocabulary, it’s just a game” so he was a player. A player of feelings. I believe in love, and true love sometimes but, it wasn’t my priority and I am not fond of it, so I don’t like it, but like is different from believe.

Today, another side of him showed me. He wasn’t believing in love. For him, love is just a big game. I can guess it in his monotonous voice. Maybe, he has a reason why he doesn’t believe in love. Siguro may matindi siyang pinagdaanan kaya nagkakaganyan siya? I also found out that we had similarities, and that was being a bitter one.

“But I can’t” she was crying so hardly.

“I don’t care” his hands grasped on my wrist. “I don’t love you since the first day we had. I lied to you because I am just using you for my own purposes” Katty ran away. Wala talagang preno ang bibig niya, wala siyang pakialam sa nararamdaman ng iba. He stood for a while and his hand slowly letting go of my hand. I hope that I will never fall on him if I agree — if I — to his offer. Or does he did this trick for me to Katty too? Maybe he just take her to a relationship because he just wanted and for his own purposes? He just took her just like she was doing to me for his own purposes and that’s why he wanted to the girls who doesn’t love or even like him, para kapag iniwan na niya, walang hahabol sa kaniya tulad ng nangyayari ngayon sa kaniya at kay Katty. But for what purposes?

“I didn’t expect she would came here, I thought she was absent” he murmured. Ibig sabihin hindi niya inaakala na makikita niya dito si Katty? So it was a coincidence? If she wasn’t, then who is the one we waited on that hallway earlier? I turned my back and roamed my eyes to find Rajah; my motorbike. It was a kind of motorbike who had clutches and it was colored black and grey. My face illuminated when I found him. I walk towards it but I instantly halt. Naramdaman kong may humawak ng collar ng damit ko mula sa likod kaya naman napahinto ako. Nilingon ko siya ng may masamang tingin sa kaniya.

“Where are you going?” he asked seriously. But his eyes was calm and serene.

“It’s none of your business” I walked but I suddenly stop because he didn’t let go the collar of my shirt. Instead, he tugged my clothes. “Ano bang problema mo?” My brows furrowed. What he want again?! What he want is I already gave then why he doesn’t want to let go of me? Don’t tell me that this isn’t enough? No, no, no, I can’t take it anymore!

“You have something to deal with me” what else what he want from me?! I was done dealing with him! Ugh! He was too much! He was too much asking for a favour that I can’t do!

“We’ve done dealing each other! So let go of me!” he pulled me and pressed me in the closed door of his car. What was he doing? I looked surprised to him. He was looking at my lips so I sucked it in. Anong pinaplano niyang gawin? “Hey! Don’t come near!” he was doing the opposite of it. He leaned closer and I firmly closed my eyes.

Mariin akong napapikit at naramdaman kong dumampi ang kaniyang labi sa aking labi. He didn’t move. I can’t breathe conveniently! He slowly put a distance between us. I looked at him surprised but his bored eyes are staring with someone. Tinignan ko kung sino man ang kaniyang tinitignan sa aking likuran. I saw Katty crying so hard. No! She misinterpret it! I stepped my one feet but Zayne hold my wrist gently. I just saw Katty ran away. No it was not what you think…

Naiipit ako sa lalaking ito. Sa lahat ng mga kasamaan niya — kahit hindi ko alam ay dama ko — ako pa ang inipit niya sa pagitan nilang dalawa. He offer me a favour which is very hard for me to do. I can accept if he wants me in shame but hurting someone’s feelings is the only thing I can’t do. I can’t be the reason why people was suffering. I lost four people and three person suffered sadness because of me and I don’t want to put another name on my list. If they are thinking that I am good, no I am not. I was playing as hell in to their lives and I can’t take it anymore.

If he doesn’t care for other’s feelings, then I am not like him! I can’t watch someone savouring an unpleasant and obnoxious event of their life. I can’t stand here watching them suffering. Sabihin na ng iba na masyado akong emosyonal but they can’t blame me. I am a human. I am expected to feel those emotions. He used me for his own sake. I turned to him and my fist clenched. My ragging eyes stared his eerie eyes. I can’t take it anymore!

I can’t hold myself for any longer and I punched him in his face. His face turned sideward because of too much impact he accepted from me. Don’t test my anger because if you do, I’ll assure you, no one can inhibit me from the troubles I can made. My hand ache to so much pressure I took. His lips parted and his jaw clenched. He touched his jaw and faced me.

“Why did you do that?” he sent daggers when he showed me his cold, horrifying and frightful eyes. It sends chills down on my spine and I can feel my knees shivers. But I can’t hold back my stare. Kailangan kong panindigan ang aking ginawa dahil mali siya.

“Why didn’t you ask yourself?” he gripped my wrist.

“You —”

He didn’t tell what he wanted to say because I kicked his leg. He let go of my wrist. Oh I didn’t tell that I was wearing a leather army black ankle boots. That is the reason why he immediately let go of my wrist.

“Fuck” he cussed. I took a deep breath and speak.

“That was for your indemnification for what you took to me, and for the feelings of that woman” he still aching for his leg. I didn’t know that someday I can use what Daemon said to me and the boots he gave to me.

“You can scape for now, but I’ll assure you that you can’t hide from me” ang kaniyang boses ay hindi maikakaila na nakakapangilabot. “I will find you even in the abyss of hell” he sounds threatening. Sorry but I am the hell. Many person told me that I am the hell.

“Don’t threaten me because it doesn’t affect me” he lifted his head and I instantly stepped back. My eyes widened and I got goosebumps. His eyes is different now. If his eyes before is frightening, then now, I can see an evil’s presence here. He wears the same eyes that killers have. And he wears the same face as devil wears.

“See, I can scare you in just a single stare” kahit ang boses niya, ay para bang parehas ng sa isang demonyo. If he looks like an angel when we first met and when he was sleeping, now he was more than evil or demon.

“No” may diin ang aking bigkas. “I am not scared of you” he smirked and my brows almost connect to each other. If he was frightening before, the he was scary than before and earlier. It feels like a demon possessed him.

“We know that you are lying” he grin. He stood up slowly but I stepped back again.

“Don’t come near” he unceasing walking towards me so I stepped back. I flinch when I collided someone behind me. It causes me to halt, I faced him. He smiled genuinely while holding his car keys. His smiles is enough to perish all the nervous I have on my chest.

“Oh, Jhay, what are you doing here?”

HENERAL MAKATA