Exposed Secrets

These past few weeks have been great. I have been focusing on my grades, really wanting to be valedictorian. Not only because it will look good for my case, but also because it will look good on college applications. I have been thinking a lot more about going to college, and Kathy helped me apply.

I am able to see Poppy every other weekend until the trial, which is scheduled for a month and a half from now. It is only a few weeks before graduation, meaning if things go well I will have my baby living with me then. Kathy said she would help me with her until I graduated. People would likely find out about her, but I couldn't care less. The only people who matter already know. 

Malcom and I made it official last week, he asked me while we were snuggled up watching a movie. I told him I wanted us to take it very slow. I felt like I was betraying Jaxon by dating Malcom, but I also knew he would have wanted me to be happy.

Walking into school on Wednesday everyone was looking at me. It made me feel uncomfortable and I had a bad feeling. Malcom ran up to me with a worried expression. He grabbed my hand and turned to me face. 

"Don't freak out okay? He's just trying to get a reaction out of you" He whispered.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Luke found out about Poppy and he made some mean posters. People are laughing and making mean rumours." 

I took a deep breath. I knew people would find out eventually.

"Okay."

"Okay? You can't retaliate, remember."

"I know. Don't worry"

I walked to my locker and saw the posters Malcom was talking about. It was a picture of me with a fake pregnancy belly drawn on. The poster had big read letters than read, "Biggest Slut". I took a deep breath and opened my locker. Malcom was still next to me.

"So are you gonna deny it princess?" Luke said from behind me.

I turned to face him slowly.

"Nope. I have a daughter and it doesn't make me any less of a person than you. At least I got some" I said grinning as his face dropped. That was not the reaction he was expecting. 

"Yeah well no one else in this school is a whore like you" He was gripping at something that won't change me.

"Here let me show you something," I said taking out my phone. "This is Poppy. My daughter. She's a sweetheart and I love her more than anything. Yes I am young, but that doesn't make me a bad mother. I didn't intend on getting pregnant but things happen. She is the greatest thing that has happened to me" I turned my phone and began to show pictures to those around me. Everyone smiled at the cute picture of Poppy and told me how cute she was. 

"I bet the dad left you for someone else, someone better" He said.

Okay, these words hurt me. I wanted to retaliate but I felt Malcoms hand in mine. He was there keeping me grounded. 

"Actually her dad died. Car accident." I said, my voice smooth. Luke just stared at me with a hilarious look on his face. He expected to hurt me, but I would not let him. "Now if you'll excuse me I have class"

"Whatever slut!"

I just laughed at his remark. People who were close enough to hear our conversation just smiled at me, clearly happy that I put him in his place. But I was on the verge of tears, I may seem composed but in this moment I am far from it. I walked into the bathroom and checked every stall. Malcom locked the door behind us and held me while the tears streamed. Everyone knew. My secrets were exposed. 

"You did great T" Malcom whispered.

"That was so hard" I chocked out. 

"I know, but you did exactly what you needed to. I am so proud of you"

"Thanks Malcom"

He wiped my tears away and kissed my forehead. 

"We've got to go. The bell is going to ring soon" He said.

I looked in the mirror and fixed up my makeup. My cheeks looked a little puffy, but I don't think anyone would notice unless they came close to my face.

"How do I look" I did a silly little curtsey.

"You look beautiful" he laughed and took my hand, walking by my side to our class. 

~~~

The rest of the day went smoothly. People came up to me occasionally and asked me to see a picture of Poppy. I was honestly happy to show people my pictures. As long as they were looking at my cute baby, they weren't focused on Luke having called me a slut.

However, I've begun to notice that few people actually liked or respected Luke, which made it easier for me to gain their respect. Not that I needed their respect, but it's much better than being hated or called a slut.

I felt relieved that people were accepting me. I mean obviously not everyone, some people still glared at me or laughed behind my back. But I didn't care. I have everything I could have asked for, well aside from Poppy - but that is a work in progress.