Malcom

He looked at me for a second with intent, clearly unknown how to respond to my comment.

"Look. I am just trying to help. My mom raised me to be a gentleman. Now give me your hand and let me clean it up. No strings attached. After I'm done you go your way and I'll go mine" he said.

"Well golly aren't you just a saint" I said, reluctantly giving him my hand.

He smiled at me and cleaned my freshly bruising hand. I took deep breaths and ignored the slight sting in my hand. I examined my arm and could see the hand mark bruising. 

"I think this will work for my 'self defence' claim" I said laughing.

"Oh yeah that'll do great. Principle Lee doesn't like Luke much anyway so I'm sure you'll be fine."

"Thanks by the way, I appreciate your help." I said, trying to ignore the slight butterflies in my stomach and the tingles in my hand from his hand holding mine. 

"Well looks like your hand will be fine, lucky you have strong knuckles or they would definitely be broken", he laughed as the bell rang.

"yeah thanks" I got up and grabbed my stuff and started to walk out the door. "Do you know where the History class is?"

"Yeah of course. I'm heading there myself so I can show you." He smiled. "I'm Malcom by the way"

He help his hand to shake mine and I shook it.

"T"

~~~

It was finally the end of the day and I had gone without incident. Well aside from every teacher introducing me to the class as a 'new student' which was terribly embarrassing. 

I saw Luke in one of my classes, advanced calculus, but all he did was glare at me. I am hoping he is learning not to mess with me. 

"Hey stranger, hows the hand" Luke said walking up to me next to a pretty girl.

"Oh you know, as good as can be expected after punching someone" I said with a laugh.

The two of them laughed.

"T this is my sister Roni"

Sister, for some reason that was reliving.

"It's nice to meet you Roni" I said.

"You too. My brother hasn't shut up about how badass you were this morning. No one stands up to Luke." Roni said. 

"haha well I hope he will learn not to mess with me. I'll see you guys around" I said, trying to leave.

"Wait, we were wondering if you wanted to come over for dinner one day this week. We know that it can't be easy moving to a new place so we figured you are your parents could come over and let us welcome you." Roni said.

They both stood and stared at me while I thought about how to decline.

"And before you say no" Malcom interrupted my thoughts, "my mom won't accept a no and frankly, nether will we" 

Malcom and Roni glared at each other smiling, with a smug look on their faces. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Okay you guys are good. Need a ride home or anything?" I said at last. It can't hurt to have two friends, right?