E L E V E N

The next morning, you were woken up by a knocking on your door. Still half asleep you groaned, not being conscious enough to form an actual sentence. The door creaked open slowly, revealing a tall figure leaning against the frame. 

Squinting you tried to make out who had woken you up, but couldn't distinguish the blur in front of you. Rubbing your eyes and grumbling slightly underneath your breath, you rolled over to grab your glasses. Shoving them on your face and peering at the door you saw Steve staring back at you, an amused smirk plastered across his face. 

"So, not much of a morning person, huh?" 

You were definitely not a morning person, but that wasn't the only reason you were exhausted this morning. After your conversation with Peter, it had taken hours for you to fall asleep. Despite the incredibly comfortable bed and the silky guest pajamas, you had been tossing and turning all night thinking about Steve's suggestion to move into the tower. Even though there was still plenty of time before the baby would be born, it was hard for you not knowing what the future held.

You needed a plan. Spontaneity had never really been your thing, as you always liked to know what you were doing and where you were going. With the pregnancy, all of your previous plans had been rendered obsolete, and you were in desperate need of a new course of action. As a result, you had stayed up until the later hours of the night until you had come to a decision of how to handle Steve's invitation.   

Sitting up and adjusting your glasses, you watched as the blonde-haired man walked over to the bed, sitting on the edge closest to you. It was then that you noticed he was shirtless. All of a sudden feeling much more awake, you sat up straighter, back leaning against the headboard. 

"Jesus dude, eat some ice cream, find a donut, or put on a shirt or something" you said, motioning towards the defined abs on Steve's stomach. 

"I'll keep that in mind sweetheart," he chuckled.

There he goes with the sweetheart thing again. Who would have guessed Steve Rogers was a flirt? You couldn't help but notice how the navy sweatpants he wore brought out blue in his eyes as he smiled at you happily. Shaking your head slightly, you forced yourself to focus on the conversation and not the eye candy in front of you. 

"Look, Steve, I was up all night thinking about our situation, trying to come up with a solution and I think I finally came to a decision, so just hear me out, okay?"

His eyes hardened slightly at the seriousness of the tone of your voice, but he nodded urging you to continue.

"I want to make this work. I want you to be a part of the baby's life, and I don't want you to miss out on the special moments just because I wouldn't move in with you. The baby's first smile, first steps, first words..." 

You saw a glimmer of hope in his eyes as he listened and he opened his mouth to speak but you held your hand up in the air, signaling that you weren't done speaking yet and his mouth snapped shut.

"If this is going to work, I need you to not do all this," you sighed, waving your hand over his shirtless top-half before continuing.

"I need you to not call me sweetheart. I need you to not look at me that way. I need you to be fully clothed and quit all the flirting, otherwise this will never work."

"Does that mean you're moving in?" he raised an eyebrow quizzically, and you weren't positive but you could have sworn you saw him cross his fingers slightly.

"Really? That's what you got out of all that?" you laughed but he ignored your question and gave you a pointed look, awaiting your answer.

"Yes, I'll move in but only if you agree to some ground rules."