3.

Michael entered his apartment, being sure to step quietly through the door so the floor wouldn't creek and wake up his mother. He knew she had probably had a long day babysitting and needed her rest. He shut the door slowly before tip toping over to his room, avoiding all the toys scattered around the floor. The house was silent, besides the echoes of the sirens outside and the sounds of cars passing through the street. Ever since his mom began taking care of his 11 month old nephew, Dillon, this was just what he came home to. Well, if he was lucky. On some days Dillon would come home and the baby would be screaming it's lungs out for no reason. Others days he would just be extremely hyper and would tiring both him and his mom out. He never got why she put up with his sister. She was nothing but an irresponsible junky. Going out everyday, drinking smoking, getting high and drunk at the same time. It was like soberness was an unknown thing to her. Being a crazy party animal was exactly how she managed to conceive Dillon. Not that he didn't love him to death. In fact, he couldn't even picture his life without him in it. He just couldn't stand the fact that this precious child had to live with a mom like his sister.

Michael changed into some more comfortable clothing than his bakery attire. He was just about to lay in bed when he heard a soft cry sound through the small flat, followed by a bed spring and a sigh. Michael walked over to his mothers room, finding her standing next to Dillons play pen with him in her arms. Hushing him softly while swaying herself back and forth trying to get him back to his peaceful slumber. He watched as she struggled to keep him in place on her chest. He squirmed around trying to wiggle out of her grasp.

"Dillon stop. Come on, go back to sleep" she pleaded him gently but, all the boy wanted to do was run around and play. So, she eventually gave up and put him on the ground. His pink lips formed up into a big grin once he saw Michael standing by the door way, showing the only two teeth he barely had. He giggled, speeding over to Michael and hugging his leg tightly. Michael smiled at the sound of Dillon's sweet laughter. It was a sound that could turn any bad day brighter. Dillon reached his arms up towards Michael, his way of telling him to pick him up. Michael scooped him of the ground, attacking his neck with kissing while growling playfully. Dillon laughed loudly, sounding more like a squeal.

"Hey, buddy!" He beamed, looking into Dillons big brown eyes. "You giving grandma a hard time today?"

As if on cue, Dillon shook his head, his long brown hair flying everywhere. Shaking his head was about the most he could do, besides screaming, mumbling, and walking. But, even with walking he would tend to loose his balance.

Michael narrowed his eyes, setting Dillon down slowly. Michael got on his hands and knees before crawling towards Dillon, causing him to run down the hall. His loud heels banging against the floor.

"I'm gonna get cha!"

Michael chased him all around the house until he finally caught him in the kitchen. He played with the child for hours, never getting tired. His mom was grateful that he came, now being able to cook, clean, pay bills, and all the things she couldn't do while watching Dillon at the same time. Dillons mom never came to pick him up, which was not a surprise. They were both quite relieved. They hated leaving Dillon with her, not knowing what would happen to him.

The rest of the day the smile had never left the toddlers face, neither did it leave Michaels.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Mom? Dad?"

Mirakel walked into the kitchen, where her mom was cooking, and her step father sat doing some paper work. It disgusted her when she called him dad but, calling him by his real name was a dreadful option. He had in his reading glasses. His hair was slimed back and his button up shirt was popped open slightly down his chest. At first glass he was angelic to say the least but, at heart he was the devils duplicate.

She had thought about the party and Sofia's invitation. She didn't want to go. The last thing she wanted was an anxiety attack caused by all the people. Yet, she couldn't help but wonder what it felt like. She had never gone to a party before in her life and she also didn't want to disappoint Sofia.

Both of the adults looked up at her, his eyes burning into her skin. She suddenly felt like sinking into the floor.

"Erm...." She looked to the ground, fear taking over her body.

"My friend is having this party next week and..." She trailed off. By now her mother looked horrified. Mirakel didn't dare look at him, she was too scared to witness his reaction.

"And I was wondering if I could go" she finished. She let out a shaky breath before finally looking at him. She was expecting something like gritted teeth or a harsh glare but, instead, he looked calm. He picked up his half eaten apple that he had been eating before Mirakel walked in, and took a huge bite from it. Mirakel gulped as he wiped his mouth of the juice that dripped down his chin. Her mother spoke up.

"Honey, you know how we feel about you going to parties-"

"Okay"

They both looked at the man in surprise. Not believing what he just said. A simple word seeming so outrageous.

"O-okay?" She repeated, just to clarify what he was saying.

"Yes" he said, taking another bite of his apple. She was lost for words.

"Whens the party?" He asked, not looking at her. She blinked.

"Next Friday, I believe."

He nodded.

"You're sixteen, I'm sure you can handle yourself." He stated, finally looking up from his work papers at Mirakel.

"Just be back by nine o'clock. Any later and there will be consequences. Do you understand me?" He said, sternly. Mirakel nodded.

"Foods ready" her mother announced, turning the stove off. She sounded just as nervous as Mirakel felt.

||AN||

Thanks for reading! Peace one love Xx