.9

Mrs Bagshot was asleep when she slipped out.

It was breaking dawn. The light making itself known. She couldn't get enough of it. Falling in love with the beautiful sight every single time! Seeing the darkness being chased away by the light. .it brought hope with itself. For the very first time, she felt happy. .liberated at last.

Which was odd . She should be feeling lost and lonely and everything bad. .but she felt the opposite.

The place she called home never felt like one. What was the point of pining after it? Leaving her mother's "home" was better than wrecking it. What hurt was. .she didn't get to kiss her mother for the last time and the pain of not saying the last goodbyes would always hunt her down.

Why is it a must , necessary, to meet for the last time? To say the goodbyes ? Why can't people just go and leave?

Her job stated at 9:00 AM.

She had three hours to go.

Emma chose to walk aimlessly around the humble town. She went to the community park . Watch the ducks quacking away in the pond. Heard birds chirping sweetly. Spotted people jogging around the park. She was broke, barely had clothes or cash and yet she had nothing on her head but peace and tranquility.

Sitting on the bench, she saw the mighty sun break away from it's deep slumber. Raising up like the king it was. .she shut her eyes . . letting the sunlight hit her face . Letting it bake her to the core.

It was her day.

She named it the Emma day.

The day of emergence.

×××××××××××××××××

Stepping in the Santos mansion, she hid the smile she had been wearing from the past few hours. A smile wide enough to hurt her cheeks. Emma fixed her face into a neutral one.

As she passed, the gardener had a water hose. .he was watering the plants and the scent of the soil raising up freshened her soul. She kept her head down and went straight towards the entrance. The guard stepped to a side with a grunt upon seeing her coming.

This time Emma knew her way around the house and the second she looked up—she wished she hadn't.

The brother sister duo were gathered around the couch. Diana dressed in a casual t shirt . .well their certainly wasn't anything casual about the shirt since it had a D & G logo. She was sporting the smile Emma hid on her way in.

Emma's gaze flickered from her to the dark man occupying the space beside her. His arm on the back of the couch. His posture relaxed. Decked in a navy blue dress shirt with brown pants on— he brought color to Emma's face.

Because. .it was him—his image that saved her. .

"Emma!"

She jumped out of her skin.

Diana chuckled softly. ",Ever so absent. Come here , love." She waved at her and Emma nodded.

It was hard seeing him from a distance. How the hell was she going to breath in his vicinity?

Emma walked towards the empty single couch. She never felt his gaze on her. .and again. .she felt small. Invisible.

For which she definitely was glad. She wanted him to ignore her presence. Till eternity.

As she came near the couch , her hands shook a little. Clenching her hands into fists . .she sat down.

"I'll invite him over." Diana said to her brother who was busy swiping on his phone.