.2

The office was on fire!

Everyone was rushing around. Men were fixing their ties while women were fixing their skirts and makeup. It seemed like a fish market with people yelling at each other to either fix something or help someone.

"John , how many times do you want me to repeat myself?! Why is this file still lying here?!" Secretary Miles snapped at the old man.

"Sir ,I swear it's ain't my fault. It wasn't my fault. " The peon , John's voice shook.

Miles rolled his eyes.

"Isn't. It isn't my fault . Why would you care . .he will skin me alive not you." Miles muttered trying to keep his temper in check as he flipped through the pages .

John still watching him.

Miles sighed , shutting the file .

"For God sake! do I need to spell it out? Leave! " Miles watched the peon rejoice at being dismissed.

Of course!

He would be going away from this room , away from the devil's grasp. In fact Miles wished himself to be as invisible as John .

He was envying a peon now.

"Miles did you see Patricia? She has my file." A plump woman asked him. Her bob cut hair  flying around and Miles had the sudden urge to snap again.

"She's at the board room."

She nodded , greatful.

As she turned around to leave Miles called her.

"Yes?" She glanced at him expectantly.

"Your hair. Set them up before he chops it off for you." His voice was dry but it had humongous affect on her.

Her beady eyes went wild and instantly her hand shot up—feeling her hair. Straightening it with her fingers.

Miles ignored her existence and went through the file. Reading and re reading each word. Examining the diagrams over and over again. He didn't want to repeat what happened the last time.

That day, Miles nearly had a panic attack.

Getting done with the file, he placed it on his table. Turning around and taking a look at the office. It was a mayhem. Men were spritzing perfumes , women were huddled in a group God knows whispering what.

Miles could only guess.

Taking a look at his wrist watch, he sighed. Now it was his time for the little speech he always gave. You would think these grown ass people would have gotten it by now. .but oh no!

He went towards the front , clasping his hands together.

No one gave him any attention.

"Alright guys! Enough of that!" He clapped his hands in the air a few times to get their attention. "Patricia for fuck sake stop talking!! Brad fix your damn zipper!! Mrs Meyers please not this lipstick again! The rules everyone! Rule #1 ! Answer when you're spoken to! Rule #2 ! Don't stare! Rule #3! Being polite is the key! Rule #4 ! Keep your mouth shut!"

Miles got breathless at the end.

Murmurers broke out amongst his peers.

"Dear, how is this one?" Mrs Meyers asked him, pouting her pink lips.

"Better than what you had on." Miles said honestly.

She beamed , blushing hard. Her apple cheeks staining with red.