Chapter 3~ A New Beginning

BEEP BEEP BEEP!!

You were woken abruptly by an alarm, remembering now it's your first day at UA High. Quickly, you get up and change into your uniform. As you're walking out of your bedroom Shoto walks up to you.

"Are you ready Y/n?" Shoto asks.

"Yeah, I just gotta eat and fix my hair."

"So... No?" Shoto is walking with you to the table, where the cereal is already out, and the milk. There is also a bowl and a spoon out for you.

"Pretty much, yeah." You sit down and start pouring your cereal.

"Thanks for getting this stuff out for me, Sho." You look at him while you put a spoonful of cereal in your mouth.

"No problem. You got some milk running down your chin by the way." Shoto points to your chin and you wipe it off. Then you continue eating while Shoto packs your bags. Once you finish your race to fix your hair and then put on your shoes.

"Are you ready? We have to leave in about 5 minutes if we want to make it in time," Shoto says.

"Almost!" You reply while gluing the last strand of hair in place with gel (or not idc)

"Ok!" You say turning towards Shoto, "I'm ready." You have full confidence you will make it through the QAT (quirk apprehension test). As you're walking outside Shoto opens the door and it's surprisingly cold.

"Sho, did you trap dad's credit card in a mountain of ice again?"

"No," Shoto replies. "Must be somebody's quirk." You shrug it off and walk outside with your jacket, wishing Shoto would use his fire for once. You can't blame him though, Endeavor sucks.

When you arrive at school, it's a normal temperature and you take off your jacket. You spot a familiar yellow-haired boy and wave.

"Hey, Denki!" You run up to him dragging Shoto with you, and Denki is smiling at you.

"Who's that?" Denki asks, with a visible hint of jealousy

"Oh, he's just my brother. His name is Shoto!" You drag him the rest of the way next to you and make him wave hello with the hand of his your holding.

Denki smiles and waves to him. "You don't look very alike, though. He has blue and grey eyes, you have e/c, he has red and white hair, you have h/c. What's up with that?" He asks, very confused.

"Oh, I'm adopted actually." You say, smiling. You get asked this normally, so you don't mind it anymore.

"Ooooooooooooooh. That makes sense. Can you tell me how you ended up in the adoption center?" Denki moves closer to you looking into your eyes, intrigued. "Pleeeease?" He begs you, and you find it very cute. But you pretend you didn't think about that.

"Alright, sure. Come to the bench," You drag Todoroki while Denki follows you, and Todoroki squeezes your hand to get your attention.

"Replacing me already?" Shoto asks, smirking.

"Of course not! You might find this disappointing, but I'm not getting rid of you that easy," You smile back teasing, and keep dragging him and sit him on the bench. You sit down in between him and Denki and pat Shoto's head.

"Good Sho. Now, when I was around 3 years old, my parents went on a mission. They died in battle leaving me to go to the adoption center." You are about to continue when you notice Denki has something to say.

"Denki, would you like to say something?" You look at him and ask. That's when you realize how close you two were sitting, and scoot closer to Shoto. He notices you're a little uncomfortable, so Shoto holds your hand and squeezes it a little for comfort. You are glad Denki doesn't notice you've scooted away and Denki proceeds to ask his question.