Chapter 18

"Well...?" Zayn waited for my reply.

"Okay. Uh... I'm just going to go ahead and be honest with you." I sighed. "Josh and Odette... they're kind of... dating." I bit my lip and awaited his reaction.

"Is this supposed to be some sort of prank?" He chuckled.

"It's not a prank." Harry added, laughing.

"Why are you laughing?" I nudged him.

"I don't know. Because Zayn's laughing." He replied as he continued chuckling.

Then Liam joined in on the laughter. "You guys are funny." He added. The three of them completely ignored me. They were consumed in their own world of the giggles.

"This isn't a joke!" I raised my voice, hoping to knock some sense into them.

Zayn's laughter soon faded when he noticed the seriousness in my features. "You're really not joking."  Liam urged Harry to stop by poking him.

"I'm sorry Zayn, I should've told you earlier but I wasn't too sure-"

His sorrow was well reflected in his glossy brown eyes. "But how did you know?" He asked in a small voice.

"I saw them Skyping the other night and well, I heard Josh speaking to her on the phone this morning." I explained.

"Sorry, dude. I heard it as well." Harry added and gave Zayn a pat on his shoulder.

I could only imagine the rage and distress Zayn felt. The anger showed in his sharp features. He bit his lip sternly and tears built up in his eyes. He quickly got off his beach chair and stormed towards Josh, who was texting on his phone.

Zayn slapped Josh's phone right out of his hands. "What's the deal, man?" Josh barked.

"Thought you were my friend!" Zayn yelled. "How could you do this to me and Odette?"

"Well it wouldn't have happened without her contribution." He replied, not even trying to hide it anymore.

"Please don't fight!" I shouted, waving my hands. "It's all my fault." I groaned.

Zayn lost control over his rising anger and charged towards Josh with a hard punch. It sure did him justice when Josh started bleeding from his nose. He attacked Zayn back with a brutal bash in his abdomen. A violent fight started to break out.

Harry rushed to the scene and tried to break them off by pushing them away from each other but he received an accidental punch from Zayn instead. That was when the fight stopped.

"Harry, I'm sorry." Zayn apologized. "It was an accident."

"I'm fine. Don't mind me." He said. "Though this is the second time you've punched me in the jaw." He squinted his eyes in agony.

"Let's settle this nicely. Like gentlemen." Liam added.

"How are you supposed to 'settle things nicely' with a brute? You don't even have the decency to acknowledge your mistake!" Zayn growled as Liam tugged him from behind, attempting to refrain him from causing any more damage.

"I'm out. I'm taking a bus home." Josh said. "And by the way, I didn't want it to happen. It just did."

"You're filth!" Zayn bawled at him. Josh walked off to his tent to pack his things, ignoring Zayn's loud barks. "Thanks for telling me about this, Helena. I've always suspected something was wrong but never really knew she was seeing Josh." He sighed and sat himself down on the warm sand below.

"I didn't want it to be true..." I patted him on the shoulder.

"Can anyone help Harry? He seems to have a little problem." Liam intruded. I turned to see him gripping onto Harry's arm while he bled from his nose.

My mother made me pack a first aid kit with me so I had a few tools with me. I thought I'd help Harry after what he did for me. I walked him to my tent.

"I didn't even know I got hit in the nose. My jaw is what really hurts." He complained, sitting down on the blanket in the tent.

"Maybe your senses got all messed up from Zayn punching you all the time." I laughed and pulled out my first aid kit.

"I hit him a couple times before too." He added.

I shook my head and smiled.

"You know, you should smile more."

"Why?" I asked, dabbing a sanitized cotton bud around his nostrils.

"I don't know. Makes me want to smile too." He grinned, his eyes scanning my flushed face. The glossy green around his pupils were deep and captivating. His eyes were like an endless whirpool, you could just get lost in them. Wait. What?

When I zoned back in, I realized Harry's forehead had touched mine. I felt him slowly breathing against my lips before they quickly touched. It was a second before I stood up and backed away from him.

My mouth was agape but I stayed silent as my mind processed what had happened.