Chapter 17

"You're alive!" Harry exclaimed, pretending to look shocked. The seven of us were having breakfast in a circle, sitting on our beach chairs when Harry came.

"You're the hundredth person to say that to me today. Yes I am." I said and resumed eating my tuna sandwich.

He pulled a chair over to sit beside me. "Thanks to...?"

"God." I said and smiled at him.

"Fine. God saved you." He grabbed an egg-mayo sandwich from Niall's tupperware.

I sighed. "Alright, alright. Thanks, Harry." I told him.

"Aww. Now kiss." Louis joked.

"Did that already." Harry said and winked at me.

It was odd. Polly was sitting right across us sipping on her coffee. How could Harry still be flirting with me when Polly and him are... an item now? I just assumed they're together because well, it's obvious. Harry came out of Polly's tent with 'morning-after' hair.

I don't want to call her a slut or anything but she's only known Harry for a week. A few months back, Polly told me she wouldn't give up her virginity to a guy unless she's really in love. But then she falls for guys easily. So what does that say about her? Maybe they bonded while I was dying.

Daniel told me that Harry 'plays around' with girls and he's never been serious about one before. He'll only break Polly's heart. Speaking of Daniel, I've been forgetting about him! I'm supposed to call him! My phone must be flooded with missed calls.

"Time to pack." Lindsey announced. "We have to get back before it gets dark. Or Helena's parents will kill me."

"So soon? I didn't even get to really swim." I said.

"You still want to swim? After what happened?" Liam asked.

"We can still have one last dip. The waves are calmer now." Harry added. "I can take care of Helena."

"Um, I can take care of myself." I was more annoyed with Harry than usual. Whatever he did and said made me cringe. I know I should be more thankful but something about him was making me so irritated.

I went through my phone and saw missed-calls from my parents. But none from Daniel. Not a single text even. I felt a surge in my heart. Maybe he was pissed because I didn't call him. I was supposed to call him last night. I called him, but he didn't answer. So I left him a text.

"Come on, Hel!" Polly rushed out of the public bathroom with a tiny two-piece bikini. The bikini was a little too small for her erm... assets.

"Polly, isn't that the bikini you wore when you were... 12?" I asked. I was annoyed with her as well. Everything she said and did made me angry. Man, I don't know why I was being such a sore bitch today.

"No, silly. Just bought them a few weeks ago." She shrugged and ran down to the water, giggling.

"Wait for me!" Niall said as he lifted his shirt and threw it at Liam's face. "That is hot." He said before running to the water. Polly sure was getting all the boys' attention.

I could see Zayn, Louis and Liam scanning her body as she splashed around in the water. Boys.

As I walked to the bathroom to change into my swimming attire, I could hear a familiar voice in the distance. I followed the voice and behind the public restrooms, there was Josh. I didn't go too close. I hid behind a coconut tree. I was close enough to hear what he was saying clearly.

"Baby, look. They won't know, I promise. Yeah, good. Of course it'll work." I heard him say. He was talking on the phone. With Odette, probably.

"No one's here. They won't hear." He said. "Zayn's an idiot."

I was so shocked to hear that. Zayn and him have been inseparable best friends since the start of the school year. They were like brothers. How could Josh betray him like this? Zayn's such a nice guy. He doesn't deserve this! Now I was absolutely sure that Odette was cheating on him with Josh.

"Whatcha doing?" The voice made me jump. It was Harry. He was right behind me.

"Shush." I covered his mouth with my hand. "Listen." I whispered.

"Oddie, please baby. Listen. We'll have some fun when I get back, alright?" Josh said quietly. 

Harry tripped over a small rock and fell against the coconut tree we were hiding behind. The whole tree shook and Josh looked over. I pulled Harry into the public restroom. 

"Did you hear that?" I asked him. 

"Yeah. He's talking to his girlfriend, you little eavesdropper." He said.

"No, didn't you hear the name?"

"Yeah. I don't know any Oddie though."

I put my hand on my forehead. "Odette!"

"No way..."

"It's true. Odette's cheating on Zayn!"

"You're not sure." He said.

"I am now. Last night, I followed Josh to a cyber cafe and guess who he was Skyping with at midnight?"

"Odette?"

"Bingo!"

"Then Zayn has to know." He said. "I can't wait to see the fight." He laughed.

I punched him in the arm. "Not funny, Harry. It's serious. I don't want to tell him about it now. We're all going back in the same car and things will be awkward."

I didn't know how I was going to tell Zayn about this. He would be so heart broken. But he had to know before they hurt him even more. I decided that I'd tell him when we get back to Gripleville.

I walked back to our campsite where Zayn and Liam were having some juice drinks. Louis and Niall were playing with Polly in the water. Both of them looked like they were having a hell of a time.

"Helena has something to say to you." Harry told Zayn, sitting down beside him. I was stunned. What an imp he is! 

"What is it, Helena?" Zayn asked.

"Uh... I..."

"Come on, tell us." Liam added.

"Umm..."