chapter 15

Riley's POV:

Right now, me, John, Shane, Christian, Nate, Avery and even Cameron, who we met up with on the way back, were all sitting in my room in a cirlce on the floor We had just finished playing a card game. Everytime Avery whispered something into Nate's ear and giggled, Shane would whisper in mine making fun of Shane or Avery. I would laugh and tell him to stop, even if I didnt mean it, but thankfulyhe never did. I would occasionly share a smile with Christian or an awkward glance with Nate which would not go unnoticed by the oh-so-kind Avery The cards were now being shuffled by Christitan"What now?" John asked Everyone shrugged, except Christian who smiled and arched an eyebrow"Strip poker anyone?" He suggested Avery giggled and winked. "I'm in" she agreed"Sounds good" John said."Sure. I guess. Why not" Nate mumbled"Yeah" Cam agreed with a wicked smile."I dont know how to play, so count me out" I said and stood up and sat on the couch"Yeah same" Shane said and joined me on the couch"Suit yourselfs" Avery said with a smile and a shrug, then took my place in the circle making it tighter and closer Her back was to me, and Shane stuck his tounge out and made a face behind her that no one except me noticed I had to bury my face in his arm to hold my laughter back. The rest of the group started the game, but I was completely lost. All I knew was Nate was winning considering all he had to take off so far was a sock and his belt Cameron had to take off his pants and both socks, John was sitting there in his boxers, Christian had taken off his sweatshirt, t-shirt, and belt. He had an amazing body and it was kind of hard to look away. It took alot of willpower Avery was clearly one of the losers, she was in her bra, and skirt I bet the slut was losing on purpose. I rolled my eyes and looked away from her. She mad me so angry and disgusted. Christian caught my eye a couple times and would wink at me, when I caught Shane's he would look over at Avery and pretend to gag to make me augh. It worked of course Soon him and I got bored and totally lost in the game so he pulled out his itouch and we started playing tap-tap I could get pretty competitive, so when I started to lose, I pulled the ipoud out of Shane's hand and held it close to me and continued playing as his score went down"CHEATER!" He yelled and we both laughed. Then Shane tackled me on the couch and pinned my arms above my head. We both laughed like crazy and it felt so good Untill I heard someone wolf whistle and loudly say "Oh Natey! I think we should get these two a room of their own!" And giggle I rolled my eyes at Avery's comment and Shane got off me."Avery..." Nate started, but she continued to stare at me with her bitchy glare. I looked over at Nate and nearly passed out. He was now sitting on the floor in nothing but his blue and black plaid boxers and had an even nicer body than his step brother He caught me staring and ran a hand through his perfectly tousled hair and ooked away Then I remembered Avery's comment and pried my eyes off Nate's perfectly chiseled swimmers body. I looked at Avery who was now sitting in her bra and panties only."Well this is my room, so im not going anywhere. But if YOU want to leave and get your own room, no one will stop you. Trust me" I said and crossed my arms angrily then looked Avery up and down. "Or maybe we can get you a striper pole? That's probably more your thing" Avery looked shocked at my comments and just turned her attention back to the game. Shane nudged me and smiled when I looked at him. I smiled back. I wasn't about to sitback and let this bitch get away with comments like that"Ohhhh" Avery whined and pouted. It looked like she lost again, this time she had to take off her bra. She reached back to un-hook it but Nate put his hands on hers to stop her and shook his head."Game over. Lets play something else" He said and tossed everyone their clothes back."How about truth or dare?" Shane suggested out of nowhere I shot him a quizical look, wondering where he was going with this Everyone agreed to the game, so Shane and I re-joined the circle"Ok Shane. Since it was your idea...You go first" Christian told shane"Fine" He agreed smoothly and turned his attention to Nate"Nate. Truth or dare?" Shane asked Nate looked a little suprised"Dare" He said. A devilish smile made its way onto Shane's face"I dare you...to kiss Riley"

Nate's POV

My heart beat started to pick up as the last word escaped Shane's mouth"Kiss RILEY?" Avery asked angrily. I hardly heard her. Things between Riley and I had been kind of weird lately and I wasn't sure why. I looked over at her. Her eyes were dark and full of indecision. Almost like a thunder cloud that could not decide if it wanted to release a storm or not."A dare's a dare right?" She said to me."A dare's a dare" I confirmed and slowly we both leaned into eachother from across the circle Too slowly. I quickly closed the distance between us as we met in the middle, and kissed her hard on the mouth, and in that instant it was as if Riley and I were the only ones in the whole room I didnt care about all the eyes looking at us, my thoughts had shut down and all I was aware of were Riley's soft lips on mine and my instincts took over. I placed a hand around her waist and the other caressed her cheek gently I could have continued like this all day, all week, all month, for the rest of my life...but I heard a long, irritated throat clearing coming from afar distance and thenRiley's lips were no longer on mine and the spell had been broken. The throat clearing had not come from a distance, but from my girlfriend, right next to me. Riley's cheeks were a bright pink as she took her original place in the circle across from me, next to Shane I turned to face Avery who did not look pleased. She stood up and stormed out of the room and, and I took on the good boyfriend role and followed her out. Even if my thoughts hadn't quit caught up with me yet and were stil revolving around Riley's lips, the softness of her cheek, and what an amazing kisser she was.