chapter 13

Riley's POV Christian and I were not prepared for what we saw when we walked in the room Nate was laying on his bed with a topless Avery on top of him"Shit!" Nate yelled and practically threw Avery off him who scrambled around looking for a shirt, eventually picking one up off the ground. It was mine I slipped my hand into Christian's and buried my face against his arm, and giggled. He squeezed my hand in reply"Hey guys" Nate greeted us and stood up, his gaze lingering on our linked hands. Avery stood by his side with a very red face"Whats up?" Christian asked and walked over to the couch, pulling me along with him We both sat on the couch and I giggled as he wrapped his strong arm around my shoulders and pulled me close to him"Nothing. Why are you guys soaked?" Nate asked and Christian and I burst out laughing"We fell in the foutain" I informed Nate, then stood up"I'm gonna go take a shower" I told everyone and grabbed some clothes from my dresser. I peeked at Avery before closing the bathroom door. She had been very quiet. I guess I would be too if people walked in on me and my boyfriend Nate's POV: Why were Christian and Riley just holn hands? I asked myself."So you guys fell in the fountain huh?" I asked Christian with a raised eyebrow and took Riley's seat on the couch, Avery sat quietly on my bed Christian laughed again "Something like that""And you guys were just holding hands?" I asked in an innocent tone"Yeah..." He said and stood up. "Whats with all the questions bro?" It was Christians turn to ask me a question. I just shrugged. "Just...making conversation" I told him as he unbuttoned his wet dress shirt and slipped on a dry t-shirt I looked over at Avery who was looking down at the carpet. Why was she being so awkward? The three of us sat there awkwardly for a few more minutes then Riley walked out of the bathroom in her pajamas She looked around the quiet room as everyone looked at her. Riley bit her lower lip then said "Well, I should get going...""Where are you going?" Christian and I both asked at the same time. Him and Avery both shot me strange looks"I'm spending the night in Shane's room. He dosen't have any visitors, and we made this plans forever ago" I explained Christian stood up with a smile. "I'll see you tomorow then" He said and hugged me tight. I giggled and hugged him back then started making my way to the door"I have to do laundry!" Nate announced and quickly stood up Christian looked at the clock. "Its 10:30. Who does laundry at 10:30?" He asked Nate who shrugged and said "All the washers will be free" Then picked up a laundry basket filled with clothes that needed to be washed and followed me out of the room"Laundry?" I asked when it was just Nate and I in the hallway"Yeah. Shane's huh?" He responded I nodded We were almost to Shane's room, was it weird I didnt want to be there yet in order to spend more time with Nate? I sighed, aggravated with myself for wanting to spend time with Nate. I replayed the image of him and Avery from earlier today I started walking faster"Riley, stop" Nate said and grabbed my wrist I turned to him, but didnt face him"Let go of me Nate" I whispered. "Please". I begged. His touch just made everything worse. All my feelings for him were closed behinda brick wall. The bricks were slowly falling out of place and my feelings were seeping out of the holes"Whats going on with you and Christian?" He asked me. I could feel his gaze on me, even though I still refused to look at him I shrugged. "Nothing" I told him"It didn't look like nothing" He responded"Why does it matter Nate?" I asked him and finally looked him in the eyes"I-I dont know Riley" Nate said and slowly released his grasp on me and ooked down Why couldnt this boy just tell me what was really on his mind? I shook my head and sighed angrily."I'm leaving" I told him and started to slowly walk away, kind of hoping Nate would stop me from leaving.

He didn't.