Extra Chapter: One Shot

This was during the time where Ariana was new to the Demon House. The five demons were having a welcome party, and Kakeru brought out the champagne. “Uh, Kakeru… I’m not old enough to drink yet.” Ariana said. “Really? What’s the legal drinking age in the Human Realm?” Kakeru asked. “21, and I’m only 18.” Ariana said. “That’s too bad. You won’t have the same amount of fun as us.” Satoru said. “Satoru, don’t try to peer pressure Ari.” Haruhito said. “You think I would do something like that?” Satoru asked. “Yeah.” Shiki said. “See? Even Sheeks agrees with me.” Haruhito said. “It’ll be best for her to not drink. She’s right, she’s under aged and we should all respect that.” Meguru said. “Thank you. I’m just going to drink some lemon water instead.” Ariana said.  

         Ariana poured herself some water, and put a sliced lemon in it. Everyone else had champagne, sitting over at the living room. “I feel kind of left out, why do I have to be three years away from drinking?” Ariana said quietly to herself sitting at the dining room table by herself. She saw the bottle of opened champagne,  and stared at it intensely. “No, Ariana! You must not give into peer pressure!” Ariana thought. “Ariana?” Meguru asked coming over. “I wasn’t planning to!” Ariana said suddenly. “What?” Meguru asked. “Nothing.” Ariana said. He sat down at the table with her. “Are you ok?” Meguru asked. “I’m fine.” Ariana said. “Then why are you sitting here by yourself? Come join us.” Meguru said. “But all of you are adults, and as much as I hate to admit it… I’m still a kid.” Ariana said. “Nonsense. That doesn’t mean a thing. Here, come with me.” Meguru said getting up.

         She followed him to the living room. “Look. Shiki isn’t drinking.” Meguru said. “Oh… You don’t like to drink, Shiki?” Ariana asked. “No. It taste gross.” Shiki said. “That’s a reasonable reason.” Ariana said. She looked at Kakeru and Satoru who were already getting drunk. “Those two seem like the types who can get drunk any day.” Ariana said. “It seems so. I only have a little.” Meguru said. “Hey, Ariana. Want to see something cool?” Satoru asked. “Uh… I guess so.” Ariana said. “Good. Follow me.” Satoru said getting up. She looked at Meguru and Shiki, and got up to follow Satoru.

         She followed him to the dining room table. He grabbed the champagne bottle. “Why don’t you try just a little?” Satoru asked. “I rather not…” Ariana said. “Come on, loosen up. This party is all about you. You have to be the one to do the honors.” Satoru said. “Do the honors?” Ariana asked. “Yeah, since you’re the star tonight, you can do whatever you want. If you want to try drinking this, you can. Who cares if you’re under aged.” Satoru asked. She stared at the bottle and gulped. “What do you say?” Satoru asked. “I am kind of curious…” Ariana said. He smirked, and poured a glass. “Here.” Satoru said handing her a glass.

         She took the glass from him, and looked into the beverage. “What are you waiting for? Drink it all.” Satoru said. “Well… Here goes nothing.” Ariana said and drank it in one gulp. “Feeling ok?” Satoru asked. She suddenly started to laugh creepily. “What’s 2+2?” Ariana asked. “What?” Satoru asked. “If you don’t know, I’ll ask them.” Ariana said going over to the living room. “Oh, this should be good.” Satoru said and followed her.

         She sat down next to Meguru again. Satoru sat down at his original place. “Satoru, what did you show Ari?” Haruhito asked. “Just… Something.” Satoru said. “You sound suspicious.” Kakeru said. “What would I be guilty of?” Satoru asked. “Hey Meguru, what’s the meaning of life?” Ariana asked. “Why do you ask?” Meguru asked. “Why doesn’t anyone answer my questions?” Ariana asked tearing up. “Why are you about to cry?” Meguru asked. “Because… Nobody knows the answer to anything, I’m going to be confused for the rest of my life!” Ariana said.

         Shiki looked at Satoru. “Guilty.” Shiki said. “What?” Meguru asked. “Satoru is guilty.” Shiki said. “Satoru, did you give her champagne?” Meguru asked. “I might have or might have not.” Satoru said. “You made her drink?” Kakeru asked. “Nope, it was her choice. All I did was give it to her.” Satoru said. “Satoru!” Meguru exclaimed.

         Suddenly, Ariana collapsed on the floor. “Ariana!” Meguru said helping her up from the floor. “Guess she’s the type who can’t hold down her liquor for too long.” Satoru said. “Shiki, help me get Ariana to her room.” Meguru said. “Is she heavy?” Shiki asked. “Not really, now please help me.” Meguru said. The two guys both carried Ariana upstairs to her room. “You got Hanasaki drunk.” Kakeru said. “Shame on you!” Haruhito said.

         Shiki and Meguru gently laid Ariana down on her bed. “Thanks Shiki.” Meguru said. “Yeah.” Shiki responded. “I hope she’ll wake up alright tomorrow.” Meguru said. “Carbonated.” Shiki said. “Huh?” Meguru asked. “Get her a carbonated drink.” Shiki said. “You’re right. That’ll help her make her feel better.” Meguru said.

         Minutes later, Meguru set a drink on Ariana’s table. “That should do it.” Meguru said. “Sleep…” Shiki said. “You should probably go to bed. You stayed up, because you wanted to celebrate Ariana’s extended life, right?” Meguru asked. “Yeah.” Shiki said  and walked out of the room. “Good night, Ariana. Sweet dreams.” Meguru said turning off the light and closing the door as he was leaving the room. Her eyes still closed, a smile appeared on Ariana’s face.