Chapter 4: Everything Has Changed

Ariana slowly woke up and rose up from the bed. She opened the door and looked around out of her room. “He was right… I’m at my own home.” Ariana said quietly. She went out of her room, and went downstairs.  “I’m home…” Ariana said quietly. “Ariana sweetie! Breakfast is ready.” Mom said. “Mom…” Ariana said and walked to where she heard her voice. She walked into the dining room, and saw her own family and even her best friend sitting at the table. “Oh, right! I called Mei’s mother to have Mei come over for breakfast today.” Mom said. “Ok.” Ariana said walking in the room more, and hugged her mom. “Ariana…” Mom said. “I love you, mom.” Ariana said. “I love you too, sweetie, but what’s this about?” Mom asked. “I just wanted to hug you.” Ariana said. “Ariana, let your mother get the rest of the food.” Dad said. “Dad!” Ariana said and hugged him. He couldn’t say no to his daughter’s sudden affection and accepted her hug. “I love you dad.” Ariana said. “I love you too my little girl.” Dad said. “Did you hit your head or something?” Ryan asked. “Or did you have a nightmare?” Robin asked. “You guys!” Ariana said coming over to them. She hugged them both at the same time. “I love you guys so much.” Ariana said and kissed them both on the cheek. “Gross! Sister germs!” Ryan said wiping his face. “Don’t be immature, Ryan.” Robin said. She giggled and saw her best friend smiling at her. “Mei!” Ariana said and hugged her. “Ariana! I appreciate the sudden hug, but what’s the occasion?” Mei asked. “I just missed you so much.” Ariana said. “But we saw each other just yesterday.” Mei said. “Yeah… I love you Mei.” Ariana said. “Aw… I love you too Ariana.” Mei said. “Alright! Breakfast is ready, so let’s eat!” Mom said. “Thank you honey.” Dad said.

        Afterwards, Ariana and Mei were sitting on the couch, and Ariana gave Mei a copy of her book. “Oh! You finished it!” Mei said. “I did, I hope you enjoy reading it.” Ariana said. “I will!” Mei said. Ariana, Mei, and her parents were then listening to Ryan and Robin’s bass and saxophone performance. “They sound so good.” Ariana said. “They do.” Mei said.

         After spending the day with her best friend and family, it was close to the end of the day. Mei had gone home, and her family was getting ready for bed. Unknowing what to do, Ariana got in her bed and fell asleep. And then… the clock struck twelve.

        A little while later, there was a knock on the door which woke her up. She got up yawning and rubbing her eyes. “Yeah?” Ariana asked half asleep and opened the door. The person in front of the door made her get fully awake. “Meguru?” Ariana asked. He hushed her. “Come with me.” Meguru said. “What?” Ariana asked. Without answering he grabbed her hand and pulled her along with him.

        They made it out of the Demon House without waking up anyone. “What are you doing?” Ariana asked. “I’m sorry for bringing you out here so suddenly, but…” Meguru said. “Meguru?” Ariana asked. “I can’t stand the thought of not seeing you anymore.” Meguru said. “Oh… You heard.” Ariana said. “I swear my brother can be so…” Meguru said unable of what to say next. “Where are you taking me?” Ariana asked. “Somewhere where no one can find us.” Meguru said. “Are you… Making me run away with you?” Ariana asked. He blushed. “Yes, because I want to be with you.” Meguru said. That single sentence made her heart skip a beat.

         He ended up taking her to a Japanese inn with the view of the ocean. “Meguru… I don’t think-“ Ariana said. “Please don’t say it. I know it’s not a good idea, but I can’t stand it.” Meguru said. “Why? Why would you go this far? For me?” Ariana asked. He looked away, blushing. “I’ll… Say so later.” Meguru said. “Ok…” Ariana said with disappointment in her voice. “Did you know that if you pass your 10 days point, your name will be taken off the toasting list?” Meguru asked. “What?!” Ariana exclaimed. “That’s right. We just need to make it by tomorrow, and you won’t be a toastee anymore.” Meguru said. “But… What will be the consequences?” Ariana asked. He looked down. “It’ll be me instead of you.” Meguru said. “What..? No…” Ariana said. “I’m ok with it, as long as you get to live, that’s all that matters to me.” Meguru said. She shook her head. “I don’t want that to happen…” Ariana said. He put his right hand on her head. “It’s ok.” Meguru said.