Extra Chapter: The Birthday Surprise

Before Ariana and Meguru got married but after Meguru came back from training, it was getting close to Meguru’s birthday. Knowing this, Ariana was thinking of what to do and what to get him. “Ariana? Hello?” Mei asked waving her hand in front of Ariana’s face which made her snap out of her daze. “Yeah?” Ariana asked. “You were spaced out again.” Mei said. “Sorry… It’s just that… It’s getting close to Meguru’s birthday, but I don’t know what to get him.” Ariana said. “So that’s it… Has he been wanting something for a while that he can’t get?” Mei asked. “Actually… Yeah. I mentioned that he’s into cooking, right?” Ariana asked. “Yes! You’re so lucky to have a hot boyfriend that can also cook! It must be a dream.” Mei said. “His cooking is amazing, and he’s wanted something to hold spices in and have them organized as well.” Ariana said. “I know what you’re talking about! It’s that spice rotator that holds up to 100 spices! The latest model has just been released, so maybe you can get him that!” Mei said. “I could, but I do want to give him something that’s from my heart.” Ariana said. Mei had a lightbulb over her head. “I know exactly what you could give him!” Mei said. “What?” Ariana asked. “Since your best friend is a pro at sewing, why not make him a scarf?” Mei asked. “A scarf? That sounds a little difficult for me…” Ariana said. “Not for me! I’ll show how it’s done. When is his birthday?” Mei asked. “In six days.” Ariana said. “That’s all the time we need! Just know what style he likes, and we’ll be ready to go!” Mei said. “Sure. Thank you for helping me out with this.” Ariana said. “No problem. It’s what best friends are for.” Mei said.

         Ariana met up with Meguru at the usual spot after school. “Hi Ariana, how was school?” Meguru asked. “It was good. Um… Meguru.” Ariana said. “Yeah?” Meguru asked. “Do you mind if I take your measurements?” Ariana asked. “Uh, sure… But why?” Meguru asked. Ariana took out a measuring tape that she got from Mei. “Because I’ve been meaning to do this, and I want to get it out of the way.” Ariana said measuring his collarbone. “And… Done.” Ariana said and put the measuring tape away. “That was unexpected, but are you sure there isn’t a reason for why you did this?” Meguru asked. “Like I said, I just wanted to know.” Ariana said. “Ok… So are you ready to stroll around with me?” Meguru said. “Yeah! Let’s go!” Ariana said. They held hands, but in Ariana’s other hand, she secretly texted Mei on his measurements and what kind of style he wears.

         On one of the days, Ariana was over at Mei’s house, and they were in a room where there was shelf full of fabric, and a huge sewing machine. “I’ve been sketching some design ideas, so take a look at them please.” Mei said. Ariana looked at the sketches that Mei drew. “These are all so good, it’ll be hard to pick.” Ariana said. “Thank you, and just picture him in the design to figure which one would look best on him. That’ll have you pick one easier.” Mei said. “Alright. I think… Oh!” Ariana said. “You picked one?” Mei asked. “Yes, this one. It’ll suit him like a T!” Ariana said. “You have good taste! It’s casual but sophisticated at the same time! Nice choice!” Mei said. “Thank you. So how are we going to design this?” Ariana asked. “I’ll show you how to step by step, observe.” Mei said. After Ariana has chosen the colors, Mei cut the yarn and began to work what she had. “You slowly move the yarn so that it can close into place.” Mei said. Ariana tried to sew together the yarn, and it was slowly beginning to form. “Amazing…” Ariana said. “You’re doing great!” Mei said.

        After days of process, Ariana finished making Meguru’s scarf. She was at home in her room, wrapping not one, but two gifts. “This gift will be that spice rotator he’s been wanting, and this present will be the scarf I made.” Ariana said wrapping gifts. Ryan and Robin were spying on their sister. “His birthday is finally tomorrow! I can’t wait to give him these when I go to his house.” The twins slowly walked away from her room, and went into their own room.