-8-

Did y'all see the miss minutes trailer? And Tom talking about being Loki? And Tom describing Loki's life in 28 seconds? This is too much for me, so I had to write a chapter to celebrate.

Enjoy.

Loki POV

"Is it unclear?" The Other asked as I groaned in pain. I had been here for at least a month, and they relentlessly tortured me. Whipping me, starving me, breaking my bones, but they haven't broken me yet.

I sat huddled in a ball in the corner of my cell, trying to be small, but somehow every movement I make is taken as an offense to the chitauri.

The Other strode towards me again, and grabbed my left arm. Without warning, he pushed sideways, bending my arm at an unnatural angle quickly, and I could hear the bone breaking, the muscle ripping, the skin tearing. I cried out loudly. I had long since given up on staying silent. My screams were the most consistent thing I've had in the past couple weeks.

The chitauri refused to let me know how long it had been. Any information that didn't benefit them if it was given to me was withheld.

"Stop," I whimpered shakily. My voice was hoarse from my shouts. The chitauri outside my cell chuckled. They were watching me for entertainment, like livestock, which I might as well have been at this point.

"Did you just give me a command?" The Other demanded, slashing a dagger over my bare chest. I screamed again.

"No," I mumbled. "vinsamlegast, ég geri það ekki- (Please, I don't-)" I was cut off by a punch to my jaw. I could hear the bone pop out of place, and my blood covered hands went to my chin.

"Speak the basic language!" The Other shouted. I tested the movement of my jaw, and winced when a sharp pain overtook my mouth when I barely moved.

One of the chitauri outside my cell shouted something I didn't comprehend. The Other cast me one more withering glare, before going to confer with the chitauri.

I sighed and turned onto my back, grateful for a break, even if it was only for a few seconds. I could hear the vile creatures outside my cell, for they left the door open. Why should they close it? My legs have been broken, and haven't healed correctly. My muscles have been cut through with a dagger and infected. I doubted I could even stand for longer than a minute, but it would be a minute of extreme agony.

I scanned my body, looking for an untouched piece of skin, or a bone that was actually in place. I had never been covered in this much blood. The closest I came to it is when Thor and I were sparring and I fell on my head when we were merely children. Thor had apologized and stayed by my bedside until I was healed. He would hide behind the doorway as a maid came to check on me, and scare her from behind for my amusement.

Despite my pain, I smiled at the memory, and a small laugh escaped my lips. It must have looked like I was in a state of maniac euphoria. I quickly covered my smile, partly from pain and partly for fear of being punished.

I had long since lost my magic, but I still found myself raising my hands close to my face, trying to summon fire for warmth. This godforsaken planet didn't seem to know what warmth was. Usually, it wouldn't bother me, due to my jotun genetics, but every survival instinct had left me, only leaving a scared and broken god in its place.

"You wish for fire?" The Other had returned, and I quickly withdrew my hand from my face. The creature twisted all my words cleverly, finding a way to torture me for everything. The chitauri outside my cell had a new look on their face, no longer just excitement. No, it was something more. It was an eager look, a look an audience would give when waiting for the next scene or act. The chitauri were planning something.