Chapter 4: Meiko

Previously on Vocaloid: Missing Memories

Len and Kaito have left Miku in the flat, well that is what she thinks but to her shock she meets another person, Meiko. Who was too busy raiding the fridge to notice her coming in?

I stared at the woman raiding the fridge, she seemed worried. This silence was way too awkward; I’m not used to it. She removed her hand from the fridge and I notice that she was a beer bottle in her hand. Is she a thief? 

"Um...So" She started to talk but I just stared at her with a blank face. Sweat marks grew on her face as she continued. "Nice to meet you, I’m Meiko. I'm a friend to Kaito and Len who live her, right? They do live here? I got the wrong flat, oh dear?" She panicked, I walked towards her, nodded but she seemed confused.

"You have the right place, this is Len and Kaito's flat but that isn't the point, you’re stealing out there fridge" I mumbled at first, she looked at her watch. Meiko then grabbed the back and swiftly ran it out the door; the only thing wrong with this situation...is that...she dragged me along with her.

"No time to explain, I’m late and I’m taking you with me” Tightening her grasp she ran as fast as she could, I couldn't keep up. My legs were dragging on the path.

"Wait, where are we going" I started getting dizzy, what is going on?

"Oh didn't I tell you, we are going to where I work" She replied but still my head was spinning. THAT ISN'T A PROPER ANSWER! What if this is a kidnapping, I’m stuck...help.

Finally we made it to our destination, I’m panting like a dog. This is so embarrassing. So where are we? I looked up and to my delight we ended up at some sort of recording studio (well I’m guessing so as it says recording studio on the outside). Len briefly explained something like this to me; it is where I can sing.

"Can we go in?" I asked Meiko who was still catching her breath. She nods but I'm not too sure if she heard me properly. I rushed in any way to see Len and Kaito talking to some guy. Shouting, I called their names. At first they did notice me. Quickly I ran towards them, Len turned and I tripped over my own feet, Landing on him. 

"Ehhhh......" I started unexpectedly blushing, attempting to get up I pushed down on his chest as stood up. He was sat on the floor, looking slightly worried. 

"Miku-Chan what are you doing here?" He inquired.

"Well...umm.....I was brought here...." I answered but he didn't seem convinced.

At that point Meiko entered the building holding the can of beer from earlier. 

"MEIKO" Kaito shouted as she walked towards him.

"Oh, so there you are newbie" Meiko blanked out what Kaito just said and turned to me.

"You brought her here" Len asked, even though he knew the answer.

"Yeah, so what.....she....kind of....spotted me raiding your fridge again" Meiko looked at her feet so she didn't see Kaito shaking his head in disappointment. "Well anyway why don't you let her sing, she seemed excited when she entered"

"I don't see why not" The person that Kaito and Len were talking to earlier said, he turned at me. Frozen in shock, I didn't know what to do. "She has potential."