Grey?

Dmitri's POV

"Mitri, Mitriiii......"

"What is it now Melya? I can't make us lunch if you're howling my name every fucking minute!"

Amelia came to the kitchen her eyes wide.

"Mitri, you swore." She whispered. "It ain't good to swear, remember?"

"Yes, I'm sorry Mel, what is it?"

"Can I have some cake?"

I sighed, "Yes, but only after lunch, okay?"

She nodded and I continued, "Why don't you go and play in the living room?"

"Okay, thank you Mitri."

Amelia scampered of inside again and I turned to continue making the noodles. I sighed wishing mum was still here. I missed her. She thought me everything I knew about cooking. She was beautiful with lovely dark long hair. Amelia looked a lot like her.

"Mitri, Mitri, Mitri!"

"What now Amelia?" I yelled frustrated.

"Mitri, I see someone outside."

"Yeah, what's so special about this person?" I called out frustrated.

"Well, she looks awfully a lot like the girl we met the other day."

My eyes widened as I dropped the knife I was holding. I ran to the sitting room and saw Amelia sitting by the window. I looked out the window and there she was. Kiara. I felt my heartbeat increase. What was wrong with me?

She was sitting on the stairs of a house opposite of ours. As I looked closely, I found out that she was deep in thought.

"Mitri, can we invite her for lunch. Pleasssseee, pretty please with a cherry on top." Amelia gave me her cute puppy dog face.

"Ok, sure."

Mel, ran out and called out to Kiara. She turned looking surprised and she flashed a smile at Amelia. I felt my heart skip. Stop it Dmitri! I scolded myself.

I looked out again and saw Kiara and Amelia coming towards the house. I ran back to the kitchen so that they wouldn't find me there at the window.

As I got to the kitchen I heard the front door open and I heard Amelia screaming my name from the top of her lungs.

"Mitri, she's here!"

I came into the living room trying to look as calm as possible. When I came in, my breath hitched. She looked so beautiful. She was wearing a white knee length summer dress. Her hair, still dark and still had those gorgeous curls.

"Hey." She smiled.

"H-hey."

We stood there looking at each other. The silence was unbearable. Then fully, Amelia came to my rescue.

"Hey Mitri, don't you think the noodles are ready now?"

"Y-yeah right. Ummm... Kiara would you like to stay for lunch?"

"Ummm.... Mitri, that's why she here." Amelia said frowning.

"O-oh yeah."

I turned around quickly and went to check my noodles. If I had stayed there another minute, we wouldn't have any lunch.

I heard Amelia chatting away. Occasionally I would hear Kiara giggle or laugh. And every time I would close my eyes loving the sound of that melody.