Chapter 2

Doctor was not a good game to play. "All of you are my doctors. Now ask me whats wrong." Melody and Baylor looked scared to death. So I knew I had to be the one to speak up before he did something terrible to us. "W-whats wrong?" I stumbled out.
Tony pointed to his genitalia. I knew what that meant. "Fix it, or else." Tony got his brass knuckles out and put them on, then got his Taser out then pretended to tase me,it made me jump. He was sitting on the bed..his knees facing us. I kneeled down. "Good girl." He said.

When mom got home Tony told her we were angels. I headed up to my room, tears forming in my eyes. I didn't want to do anything Tony asked of us. I didn't understand why he had to do this. Why couldn't he let mom do it? I felt so afraid. I couldn't think straight. I opened up the suitcase that was in my closet and dug around in it. Found it. I pulled my jeans down and sliced my skin. Cut after another bled.

"Hey, Tay dinners- OH MY GOD TAYLOR!!" Baylor cried out. I rushed over to her and put my hand over her mouth. After i calmed her down, I put the razor away and then pulled up my jeans. "Taylor..why? Why did you do that? I thought you promised me." A pang of sadness hit my heart. I did promise Baylor I wouldn't do it. She's the only one that knows.

"Taylor & Baylor, time for dinner!" After dinner I brushed my teeth and used extra mouth wash. Then I took a long hot shower.

"Tay, time to get up, school." My mom said in the morning. I got up and chose my clothes. I picked out a flannel plaid red button down,black skinny jeans, and some badass combat boots. I put my hair into a high ponytail. "Knock knock." Tony said.

He pushed me against the wall. "You didn't say anything did you?" He asked in a mean voice. "No.." I whispered. "What? I can't hear you Taylor." "I said no!" I screamed. Uh-oh big mistake. He slapped the shit out of me and told me not to yell at him ever again. When he left, I looked into the mirror and saw a big red handprint on my cheek. My eyes were forming tears."Tay, the bus is here!". I got my backpack and rushed downstairs, I didn't have time to cover the mark with makeup so I ran out the house quickly before my mom could see.

When I got to school Angie,my bestfriend, came up to me and touched the handprint. "Taybae, what happened?" "Nothing." I responded "That doesn't look like nothing." "What doesn't look like nothing?" Asked my friend Beth. "Look at her face!" They both asked me hundreds of questions and I couldn't answer any of them honestly. If I did, he would kill me.

In 5th period a pass was given to me to go to the counselors office. I took a deep breath and prepared to be asked the question I was asked this morning.
"Um, Mrs. Winn, You called me down?" "Yes, Taylor Ann?" It was more of a statement than a question. She motioned me to sit in the big black chair. "So, I've been getting notes saying that you have a big bruise on your cheek. Is that correct?" I whispered yes. "Can you please tell me what's been happening at home? Any hitting? Any cruel punishment? Any fighting between parents? Any,I don't know, self harm?" She asked. "I uh I um.." My eyes wandered around the room searching for an answer. "Since you can't tell me, I'm afraid I'll call Mrs. Smith." I would've objected but I couldn't find the right words. "Hello? Mrs. Smith? Yes, I'm here with Taylor...." I drowned out the sounds in the office and tried to think of something that I would tell my mom.

"Hello! I came as fast as I could." Said my mom. The counselor and my mom had a talk and since my mom didn't know where the bruise had came from, Mrs. Winn suggested she should take me home.
"Taylor?" My mom said as soon as we got in the car. "Where did that bruise come from?" I fiddled with my fingers
"Answer me!" "Mom, I can't." As I looked over at my mom a tear rolled down her cheek. "Then I'll find out." My mom said.

When everyone was home, my mom called a 'family meeting'. My mom started saying how we were always crying,and bruises were on our backs and how today, a bruise appeared on my cheek. "Their girls, their gonna get hurt." Tony said. "Girls don't usually get physically hurt Tony! Wait a minute..do you have something to do with this?"