Chapter Fourteen

hey guys! thanks so much for 10k reads and all the votes and comments I've been so ill this week so thats why I didn't update but I'm getting better now :) Enjoy Chapter 14

Chapter Fourteen

   It was cold. I was outside and Shay was not. We had planned to meet up with each other so that we could study in the central library and she was taking forever to arrive. It was Wednesday afternoon and school was off because of some teacher day. As usual she was late and I was waiting. I zipped up my coat all the way to the top and shoved my hands in my pockets as I looked around for her. After about five minutes I saw her walking towards but to my surprise she was not alone. By her side was Jerome, grinning at her.

Why the hell was she with him?

   “Hi Alex.” Shay said smiling once she reached me.

   “Hey.” I answered with a confused look on my face. Jerome stared at me for a while and for the first time in his life he gave me one of his dazzling smiles. This was weird. Jerome hardly ever acknowledged my presence, when he did he just gave me a simple half nod or a tight smile and that was only because I was really close with Shay, if I wasn’t he’d just ignore me. I guess I wasn’t really his type of girl and for that I was grateful, he was a jerk.

   “You look different.” Jerome said grinning at me. I gave him an awkward smile; why was he even talking to me?

   “Everyone says I do.” I replied shortly.

   “We gave Alex a makeover.” Shay said still smiling. She was so weird, a day ago she had declared her hate for him and now she was hanging out with him what the hell?

   “Suits you.” Jerome said narrowing his eyes at me with a sly look on his face.

Tramp.

   You see Jerome was the type of guy who was attractive and was aware of his attractiveness. He was smooth brown-skinned boy who had perfectly straight white teeth, curly hair that was always cut and shaped up to perfection, defined cheekbones and stunning light brown eyes. All the girls he met fell for him and he used that to his advantage become some sort of womanizer. I often thought of him as an animal, he reminded me of a little over excited rabbit jumping from girl to girl whenever he felt like it. It annoyed me. One because he thought too much of himself because of his looks and two because Shay was so hung up over him.

   “Thank you.” I replied turning to Shay. “Are we still going to the library?”

   Shay nodded then turned to Jerome who was staring at me. She tugged at his sleeve and he turned to her.

   “Yeah babe?” He asked, completely unaware about what was going on.

Airhead.

   “I’m going library with Alex now.” Shay said narrowing her own eyes at him. Jerome smiled then licked his lips.

   “You leaving me babe?” He asked with a slight pout. “Just cos’ your friend has turned into a spice don’t mean you can just leave me Shay.” He said grinning. Shay giggled and I stared at them waiting to finish. It was so cringe worthy watching them, it made me shudder.

   “Shut up.” Shay said pushing him away. Jerome smirked then kissed her on the cheek and said his goodbyes to us. Once he was out of earshot I scrunched my face up to Shay. She had a lot of explaining to do.

   “I know what you’re gonna say!” She said raising her hands as we began to walk to the library. “We made up, he’s deleted them girls off his phone and if I’m honest I just want a bit of banter, don’t worry I’m not catching feelings.”