𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖔

Just get the cash and go home. Just get the cash and go home. Just get the cash and go home.

"Hey Roxi, you're up next." The DJ says as I walk over to say hello. I nod and smile as I stand next to him, I've still got 3 minutes before I start.

"You got my songs right?" I ask as I look down at his monitor.

"Yeppers, have fun kiddo." He says as he gives me a smile and I walk to the edge of the stage. I smile to the girl getting off and go up as I wait for my song to play.

As I usually do, I just feel the music. I dance like I'm alone in my room and there's no one around me. I will admit, spinning on the pole is fun, I only get dizzy if I spin too much.

I slide to the floor and dance on the ground for a while, the guys and couple girls all throwing money on the stage. I feel someone staring at me from across the room, but I mean, that's normal around here.

I finish my dance and collect my money before locking it up and locking that in my locker. When I walk out I dance for a few guys, getting huge tips which I'm thankful for.

The feeling like I'm being watched has gotten worse all night, I just can't seem to find who could be watching me-

I freeze when I see him, his stupid brown hair and stupid green eyes, his stupid smirk that never seems to leave his lips. He walks over, looking amused as ever.

"Hey there Rox, how's life treating you?" He asks as he leans on the table. I swallow and look down, he can't hurt me here.

"Life is well, why are you here Kyle?" I ask as I avoid his eyes. I hear him laugh, that terrifying laugh that's been burned into my memory.

"I wanted to come see you. I miss you and our little girl." He says as he puts his hand on my waist. I try to push him off but he just digs his fingers further into my skin.

"She's not interested in seeing you." I choke out, trying to be brave, I have to be, for Octavia.

"She doesn't even know I exist." He scoffs, his grip tightening even more, enough to leave marks.

"Please get your hands off of me." I whisper, tears burning the back of my eyes. He ignores me and continues to stare down at me.

"Listen Rox, I'm sorry for how I treated you. You just got so annoying at times and especially when you were pregnant, you were unbearable." He tells me.

"I was pregnant because of you Kyle, you couldn't take no for an answer and you- you did that to me and left me in my room alone and in pain. I was 17 Kyle, and I got kicked out of my house because of you"

He sighs dramatically, letting go of my waist but holding my face. "I wanted a baby, and besides, you still came back to me. You obviously wanted to be with me."

"I was homeless and pregnant, I stayed with you until I had to money to get a place for myself." I snarl. He squeezes my jaw tightly, his nails clamped around my face.

"You watch your attitude with me, I want to meet my daughter Roxanne, and you can't stop me." He whispers dangerously.

It's like slow motion as his hand flies up, getting ready to hit me. I brace myself but the blow never comes. When I'm brave enough to open my eyes, I see a tall figure holding Kyle's wrist, the person's face hidden by a hoodie.

"What the hell man? Let me go." Kyle exclaims, pulling away from the man who even though he just helped me, I'm still kind of scared of.

Kyle's hand is dropped and the man grabs him by the throat, squeezing visibly hard until Kyle starts to lose focus.