Chapter 6: Unexpected Events pt. 2

Speech indications

"Hello!" = Speaking verbally
"Hello!" = Speaking via telepathy
[Hello!] = Thoughts
Hello! = Narration
Hello! = Saiki commenting about someone's thoughts

The district bathed under the weak moonlight above the tall streetlights, as the dark starred sky reigned over the city. My sight was focused on the nothingness of the streets. Everything was quiet. Not a thought, not a whisper. Only silence. I had put my left glove in my right pocket, and my germanium ring around my ring finger, mentally preparing to reveal my current situation.

And no, I didn't take my thin transparent glove off. Only the one over it.

The smell of spices and curry floated to my nose. Masaru was preparing dinner, while I was in the second floor's large hallway, leaning my head against the window.

[Good grief

[Good grief. What are they making down there? Is this what they usually eat? I wouldn't know. I'm only here for one night after all, it might be a special occasion.] I thought, despite Author crying about how egoist that made me sound.

The sound of an opening door was heard, as I snapped back to reality. I whipped my head in curiosity, and saw Bakugou exit his room. His glare was piercing through my eyes. It seems he was walking towards me.

I didn't pay much attention to it, and only turned back to the window, my gaze flying over the houses of the district. However, I was quickly interrupted, when he suddenly shouted.

"HEY, FREAK! YOU CAN'T JUST LOOK AT ME AND PRETEND I DON'T EXIST RIGHT AFTER!" Bakugou complained, turning my attention back to him. I simply sat up from my lounging position, and slid my germanium ring off my finger to put it in my pocket.

"Is something wrong?" I calmly asked, my dead fish eyes seemingly staring into his soul. Bakugou grunted, staring at me from above. His spiked hair was bobbing everytime he made a move.

[Why did I bring this guy in again? Don't ask me. I don't have anything planned. Good. What am I supposed to do? He looks sketchy and his eyes... don't even get me started on his eyes. You don't get to judge me, rabid dog!]

I could feel frustration build up in my body. My eyebrows slightly furrowed. The awkwardness was creeping up in the atmosphere. A drop of sweat could be seen on Bakugou's face, while my mouth slightly curved downwards.

I internally sighed and stood up, making my way to the stairs that lead to the ground floor. I could feel Bakugou staring at me. I stopped in front of the flight of stairs, as the silence was broken.

"Why didn't you fight me?!" The explosive teen yelled across the hallway, a tint of hesitation could be heard in his voice. I shrugged.

"I didn't feel like it was necessary." was my response. It was true after all, fighting a middle schooler out of the blue would be nothing but a waste of time, and would bring unwanted attention.

The latter let out a "tch" and finally let me go. I didn't really have any objective. I just wanted to see what was for dinner, and to do so, I had to check out for myself.

[I would've used Clairvoyance, but if that moron walked in on me crossing my eyes, I'd rather bury myself 12 feet under and split the earth in half from there.]

I peeked in the kitchen to see Masaru wearing an apron labeled "Kiss the chef".
I slightly smiled, and fully entered the room.

"Oh? Hey there Saiki! Did'ya need something?" he questioned, a warm smile climbing on his face. I could see the fog forming on his glasses.

"I just wanted to know what's for dinner." I declared, tilting my head slightly. Masaru pulled his gaze away from the pan, facing my ever so stoic expression.

"I'm making mapo tofu! We tend to eat spicy food, so sorry if it doesn't suit you!" he apologized, scratching the back of his head and turning the stove off. "I can always make you a separate meal though!" he continued, his content demeanor remaining on his face.

"That won't be necessary, thank you." I calmly retorted, making the lovely father let out a sigh of relief. I nodded at him and walked out of the kitchen, heading to the living room.

Mitsuki was looking through cabinets and wardrobes, searching for something.

[Where are these damn blankets?] I read her mind, internally sighing at the explosive woman's determination.

[Good grief. I'm just a random teen staying here for one night, and she's scrambling around like a protagonist late for school.]

Overall, nothing was really happening. It felt just like an ordinary life, for once.

Time flew by. The clock now showed 7:21 pm, while I was watching videos on YouTube to keep myself distracted. Nothing too interesting, just some random cat videos, or footage of heroes saving civilians that were filmed and posted by witnesses. There was also this strange content creator, who was bothering shops accompanied by a little girl.

[This guy sure looks like a pain. Though he doesn't actually rob the places he goes to, he just wants to show the media how he gets his job done. Good grief, that's not a good flex. Find another way to get validation.] I mentally complained, until Masaru called for dinner.

[It's time.]