Chapter 4: Changes

Speech indications

"Hello!" = Speaking verbally
"Hello!" = Speaking via telepathy
[Hello!] = Thoughts
Hello! = Narration
Hello! = Saiki commenting about someone's thoughts

Katsuki Bakugou's POV:

"Kacchan this, Kacchan that... why can't he just shut up?!" I scoffed, walking towards my home. Deku never seems to stay out of my business, holding
onto me like a koala.

[I bet he's just making sure to be my friend so he can get clout when I become the number one hero, that quirkless loser!]

I grunted at the thought, looking down and kicking a rock on the ground.

As I lifted my head, I noticed a silhouette walking towards me. Well, not really towards me, just in my way.

I squinted my eyes, and as the silhouette got closer, it revealed a teenager. He had bright pink hair that would stand out in any crowd, along with 2 strange antennas on his head. He had green glasses that looked like a mad scientist's.

He wore no expression, and was staring into the void, eyes as empty as the void itself. I gritted my teeth, remembering where I actually saw this guy.

Saiki's POV:

[It's him. Huh? That stupid extra. Staring at me like you're better than me, When did I say anything about being better than you? I'll teach you, pink haired dumbass! Good grief.]

I internally sighed, still keeping my stoic expression. I recognized that person. It was the same pomeranian head from this afternoon. And now, the last thing I wanted was for him to acknowledge my existence.

[Good grief. He's gonna assault me for looking at him? What is wrong with this guy? I don't look like a sludge villain, do I?] I questioned, as I unintentionally walked towards the explosion head.

"HEY!" He called out, an irritated expression slapped on his face.

[That bastard might be slightly taller than me but I'll still beat the shit out of him! I'm not planning on fighting.]

I stopped walking, and looked down at the slightly shorter teen.

"Do you need something?" I politely asked, like any normal civilian would.
Apparently, he didn't really appreciate politeness, judging by his expression worsening.

"Don't act all innocent! You know what you did, you pink haired freak!" He shouted. I raised an eyebrow in confusion, waiting for an explanation.

Seeing that I didn't get one, I was about to resume walking to my unknown destination. However, as soon as I did, I felt a grip on my forearm. I turned my head, only to meet a blond boy that looked like he was about to explode.

He had smoke coming out of his ears, just like in the cartoons, a vain could be seen on his forehead, and his teeth were visibly gritted. I sighed internally.

"Sir, do you need something?" I asked again. The durian head's face looked demanding, yet he didn't ask for anything. I was getting irritated, but my stoic expression remained the same.

"YEAH, ACTUALLY! I do! I need you to shut up, and respect me, because I'm the future number one hero! Stay out of my way, damn extra!" He scolded childishly.

I could feel every cell in my body cringe.
I wanted to snatch my arm out of his hand, but if I did, I might accidentally fling him to Jupiter. So, instead, I put on my most uncomfortable expression.

"Please let go of my arm. You're being intrusive." I telepathically told him. He let go, surprised. What exactly was he thinking, grabbing a random passerby's forearm? Well, technically I know what he was thinking, but you get what I mean, dear reader.

I was about to resume my endless journey, but was rudely interrupted by an explosion that was aimed to my head. I quickly ducked, turning around to face the angry teen, again.

[Good grief. What does he want? I literally just walked by, and now he has a grudge against me? Is this guy okay?] I sarcastically worried.

"You are NOT leaving without a fight! So stop trying to escape!" The teen stated, fuming.

I did a full 180° turn to face him.

"What if I AM leaving without a fight?" I ironically asked. "I don't remember owing you anything. Please leave me alone."

Unfortunately, the explosive teen didn't really listen, and instead, lunged at me with sparkles in his hands. I speedily leaned to the side, and kept avoiding his other attacks.

"You coward! Just fight back if you're better than me, freak!" He yelled, continously trying to land an explosion on me.

"Please just leave me alone." I calmly retorted, avoiding another attack.

"If you're not gonna fight, at least come with me! I have a bad feeling about you, freak." He instantly replied. A slightly dumbfounded expression could be read on my face. Bad feeling? What could he possibly mean?

[If I had a gut feeling to the point where I have to call out this guy, Gut feeling? might as well get something out of it! That sounds horribly twisted.]

I decided to cooperate, because I thought it would seem suspicious if I didn't. I should just act like an unfortunate civilian who got mixed up for another person.

[This could be a chance for me to get a place to stay. I wouldn't refuse, as long as there are no insects. You'd know that, wouldn't you, Author?]

I shrugged at him, and followed him to what seemed to be the location of his house. Why would he bring a random guy to his house? Does he trust me? Or is he planning on trying to do something horrible?

No, if he was, I'd have a precognition about it.

I checked my phone, and it was now 5:56 pm. The night took over the sky, as we arrived in front of the bomb headed teen's front door. He opened it, and we were met by a woman who had a similar hairstyle along with the same red eyes.

As the teen walked in, he was immediately scolded by his mother, and pulled by the ear.

I slightly flinched, my eyebrows raising.

"WHERE WERE YOU ALL THIS TIME YOU ABSOLUTE MORON-" She yelled, before cutting herself off mid-sentence.

She looked up and saw me, standing outside, one step away from the doorway.

Her angry expression quickly switched to an astonished one. "Katsuki, who is this?"