Chapter 1: Hiding From the World

Alright! New story uploaded!

So this is not one of my best stories. I honestly don't like it that much. Tell me what you guys think though.

This story is also not edited yet because I want to wait until I finish it. Sorry if there's mistakes in it.

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN 

________________________________________________________________________________           

I pulled my purple beanie over my long blonde hair as I started my Geometry 1 problems. Freshman Year and doing Geometry. Joy.

I adjusted my black glasses and snuck a look at Ariel, who was wearing a triumphant look as she stared at the complex worksheet in front of her.

“Can I borrow your brain?” I whispered to her as I stared at the impossibly hard problems. She rolled her eyes.

“It’s not that hard,” she protested. I watched her whiz through the work. Sighing I started my worksheet. My pencil broke and fell down on the cold lonely floor. I glared at it and bent down to pick it up. It was stolen before I could get to it. Dreading socializing with someone ignorant as usual I looked up only to be captivated by a pair of green eyes.

Let me introduce myself.

My name is Anna Collins. I go to a boarding school called Bathory High in Washington D.C. which despite the White House was pretty boring.

I was not an average person. I had long blonde hair that that was more white than yellow and celery green eyes. I was average sized and fit. I had cream colored skin and I had a nice chest I guess.

But I hid myself from the world. I almost always wore a hat and glasses. I wore non-eye catching clothes, like jeans and t-shirts. I rarely talked in class and was invisible to most people, which I was conpletely okay with.

I was a non-smart nerd. Sure I got straight A’s and 100% and was mostly right. But I was always one of the dumb ones in AP. There were always kids like Ariel and Steven in my classes. The smart ones.

Ugh Steven. Don’t get me started on him.

Ok yes he was hot with straight blonde hair and ocean blue eyes. And tall and lean. But he was a complete asshole. He had a whiny voice, was always asking unnecessary questions in class, and was too smart for his own good.

Not to mention it was his fault that I was like this. All unsocial and nerdy.

No don’t think about that, I told myself sternly. Anyway the point was that I absolutely despised him.

Which was a problem. Because Ariel was obsessed with him.

Ariel, along with Katie and Haley, was my best friend. She had long light red hair that was always messy and pale blue eyes. She wore blue glasses, different colored sweat shirts, polos and sneakers. She was pale and her mouth sometimes (okay a lot of times) got the best of her. She was also the smartest person in the world. Or at least at Bathory High.

And if you’re wondering about the pair of eyes that stole my pencil, well that was Andrew. My crush since the beginning of the year. He had messy brown hair and was the class clown though he always got away with it because he was smart.

So back to the present.

Andrew smiled at me politely and gave me my pencil, his hand lingering longer than usual in my mind. I smiled, sure that I was blushing, and quickly went back to doing my math work. Ariel winked at me and I shot her a glare making it clear that there would be cracks about Steven later.

15 minutes later the bell rang. I collected my stuff and walked with Ariel to Gym which we had with Katie.

And Steven unfortunately.

“Steven!” Ariel called out. She briskly walked ahead to Steven without a second glance. I was used to it, but it still pissed me off. I did not like being abandoned.

“Did Ariel ditch us again?” Katie said walking with me to the locker room. Katie was pretty. She had long brown hair kind brown eyes.

“Of course. She spends every moment she can with the guy,” I said still pissed off.

“I wonder if he’ll ever like her?” Katie asked changing into her Gym clothes.

“Who knows. They’re exactly like each other. It should work out,” I said not really caring at all if they got together or not.

“Yeah but opposites attract Anna. Not similars.”

“You made that word up!” I accused.

“No I didn’t. It’s now a word because I’m just cool like that.” I laughed as we walked out into the Gym where Mr. Hawe was waiting for us. We always took too long to change.

“Sorry guys,” he said after he did attendance. “No running the track today there’s too much snow.” The class cheered while I mentally groaned. I loved running. It relieved frustration.

Instead we played dodge ball, which was not my forte. Ariel whacked me several times with those green tiny death balls. Once while dodging one of hers I knocked into Steven and landed on my ass.

He stared at with a look that said

What don’t you trip over? Dodging a ball he grabbed my hand and pulled me up.

There! There it was again! That stupid tingling sensation in my hand. Another reason to hate Steven! He made me feel...weird. Fully prepared with a remark about him being a human boulder I looked up into his eyes...and faltered.

“Thanks,” I stuttered out after a moment. Why the hell was I stuttering? Was it because he was still holding my hand? I glanced at our hands pointedly and he dropped them.

“Watch where you’re going,” he said roughly and stalked off. I stared blankly at the floor. Why was my life so weird?

“OW!” I said as Ariel pelted me with a death ball. She looked pissed. Wonderful.

“What was that!?” She half yelled at me when we got back into the locker rooms. I winced as I poked a large red welt that she had given me.

“What was what?” I asked distracted.

“Why you and Steven holding hands?” She asked more calmly. Probably because she saw all the damage she had done to my skin.

Ew. Holding hands with Steven. I almost puked. But if it was so nauseating than why was I able to picture it so clearly?

“I knocked into him and fell down. He helped me out so stop freaking out. It definitely won’t happen again.” I said getting dressed with an empty feeling in my stomach.

“Fine,” she said and moved on to another topic. I listened halfheartedly and could feel Katie’s gaze on me. I met her eyes and she mouthed

What really happened?

I shook my head. I didn’t really know what actually happened. But I mouthed back

Tell you later.

As the three of us walked out of the Gym I saw Steven coming out of the boy’s locker room. He studied us for a minute and turned away.

________________________________________________________________________________

Yeah not the best chapter I've ever written. It could be a lot better, but I wanted to introduce that main plot to the story. I promise it will get A LOT better!

I love you guys! You make my day with your comments!