Part 2

"Where am I?" asked a confused Riley Anderson. She found herself hanging upside down holding a string Spider-Man style in front of a glass building in the middle of San Francisco. She saw her reflection in the windows and saw that she was in a strange black costume with a large white spider insignia on her front and back. Her head was all black and hair hidden. She had two large white Spider-Man-like eyes on her face. She was in something she had never seen before.

"Whoa... what is this??? How did I get here?? How did I get in a costume I've never seen before??" Riley asked herself as she was so confused and somewhat nervous. As she examined herself closely, she reached her hand out on the glass to see if she was really in black. And sure enough, she was. She knew after her fingertips touched the windows, touching her reflection, then she brought her hand closer to herself and looked at it from all angles, and then she looked up at herself and saw her body was completely covered in a jet-black suit.

Inside Riley's mind, her five emotions – Joy, Sadness, Disgust, Anger, and Fear – were still completely passed out on the floor from the substance taking over. There were now five new emotions in the now black and dark grey Headquarters controlling Riley. They looked very similar to the regular five emotions, the same body shapes and sizes, but they were completely black with eyes and spider insignias on their chests and backs like Riley's. The black Joy's eyes and spider were glowing golden yellow, the black Sadness's were blue, the Disgust's green, the Anger's red, and the Fear's purple.

The original five drowsy emotions laying on the Headquarters floor slowly started to wake up. As Joy barely opened her eyes, she instantly noticed the new five emotions on the mind console. "Huh? W-Who are you guys?" questioned Joy as she slowly started to get up, doing her best to stay conscious. The new five emotions heard Joy and looked back, seeing her trying to stand up. "Hello! My name is Symbiote Joy! And these are the others: Symbiote Sadness, Symbiote Anger, Symbiote Disgust, and Symbiote Fear!" said the black Joy, introducing herself and her friends. They did seem friendly, but inside they had some darkness in them, planning some bad stuff for Riley. The original Joy was so confused by her words. "What?? Symb- what??" asked a confused Joy. "How did you guys get here?? Where did you even come from?? And why is Headquarters so different??" Joy continued. "What do you mean?" asked Symbiote Joy. "I mean why is everything black and white instead of purple and mostly colorful?" said the old Joy.

The other original emotions started to slowly wake up, but of course it wasn't easy. At first, they could barely open their eyes and stand up, but when they noticed Joy talking to the new emotions, they quickly opened their eyes in surprise and confusion. As they slowly used their hands to push themselves up off the floor of Headquarters, they said "J-Joy?? What happened? And who are these people?" Joy looked back and saw them trying to stand up and quickly said "Oh! Guys, these are the five new emotions: uh... Sim... Symb... what were your names again?" Joy became unsure of her words. "Symbiote Joy, Symbiote Sadness, and... y-you get the idea." Symbiote Joy answered. "Who?" asked the old Sadness. "(heavy sigh), symbiote emotions, Sadness!" said the old Anger. "Where did you guys even come from??" Disgust asked.

As the five symbiote emotions looked at each other, they all decided to explain what happened. "You all know how you saw that black thing covering Riley's eye? That was a symbiote that came out of the meteor you saw earlier. Riley was the nearest and best host for us to bond with, and we needed someone to bond with fast, or else we would die. We are the emotions of the black symbiote and we want to make our human host Riley happy just as much as you do. So if you let us stay, we stay alive. But if we leave you, we and the symbiote will eventually die." Symbiote Joy explained with her extreme honesty. Joy seemed to believe she was telling the truth, but secretly, as well as the other original emotions, she seemed unsure if they should trust them, because they looked like they could be planning something bad for Riley, and they sure didn't want that. "UUUUhhh... Joy, can we talk to you for a minute?" asked the original Disgust. "Um, sure." Said Joy. And the original five went to the windows of Headquarters to speak in private while the new five decided to take over Riley for a few minutes. "Let's have Riley have some fun for a bit, what do you say?" asked Symbiote Joy, feeling very enthusiastic . "Absolutely!" said the other symbiote emotions. And so they activated Riley to prepare herself for the suit's fun.