Chapter 10: The Promise

Louis's POV

Gosh if this night wasn't already out of this world there's more. What could he possibly have done? I think over all the possibilities as we start the longish walk to the park.

"Hey Hazza?" I ask suddenly.

"Yeah BooBear?" He asks concerned.

"What made you realise your feelings for me?" I ask shyly, afraid of what his answer could be.

"Well....." He begins, "when the project for English was assigned is when it first started. I realised that we were going to have to be at each other's house again. When I was in your room all the memories of us just flooded in. I had blocked them out for years."

I look up to see his eyes had gotten watery.

He continues, "then I remembered when I left and that's what broke me. I remembered hearing your sobs as I was walking away and how bad I felt. Then remembering how for the months after that I did nothing but cry in my bedroom, missing you, wanting you. I think I always knew that I....loved you.....but I just for whatever reason couldn't admit it to myself. Not then, not at any point during the last four years. Then sitting on your floor again for the first time in forever broke me. My egotistical, prickheaded walls caved in and I realise. And it felt so good. To finally be me again."

He stops walking and looks at me, tears falling down both of our faces.

"I impulsively decide that you were going to be mine. Not thinking at all that you might not, probably wouldn't, want me after all that time. And I didn't realise that until I was right in front of you, about to kiss you. At that moment my walls shot right back up. I was afraid of being rejected, so I rejected you before you had the chance to do it to me." He says breaking down to sobs and falling to the floor. I quickly fall next to him and wrap my arms around him.

"I was so afraid you weren't my BooBear anymore. That I'd lost you forever. The thought of me not having you made me even more angry and my walls get even bigger. Because I had to have you." He says in between sobs.

"Hey, hey Hazza. Hey look at me," I lift his head so I can see his eyes, "you never truly lost me. You could've come back at any point and I would've forgiven you in a heart beat. But that doesn't matter. The past is the past. All that matters is that we are together now. And I'm not going anywhere. As long as you need or want me I'll be here."

He smiles and wiped away his tears, "Look at me. Ruining our first date by losing it in the middle of a forest." I smile at him.

"Nothing could ruin tonight..." I say softly. I help him up and dust us off, "now shall we continue? I wanna see the rest of this perfect night."

"Yes we shall!" He says full of confidence. He loops his arm in mine and we skip the rest of the way till the park is in site.

Once we get there he leads me to the sand pit where the playground and swing set are. In the middle of the sand pit is a blanket with a basket and guitar on top. And of course more rose petals and candles. The candles are placed in a heart around the blanket. It looks just breathtaking.

He sits down and holds out his hand for me to join him.

"So I figured I'd cheese up the night even more with some desserts. There's chocolate covered strawberries of course. And some cookies and candy. I wasn't sure exactly what you liked so I kind of got some of everything." He says unloading the basket. I take one of the strawberries and take a bite. Holy crap these are like sex!

"Oh these are freaking delicious!!" I exclaiming. I hold it out so he can take a bite. He nods in agreement. This goes on for a little while. Me feeding him. Then him feeding me. The whole time I'm wondering what the guitar is there for. Last time I knew neither of us could play.