Chapter 2: English Project

Louis's POV

I get through the first half of the day. Luckily my other three classes either had no jocks, jocks with Niall/Eleanor, or just Niall/Eleanor. My class before lunch I have with Niall so we walk to the cafeteria together and find El waiting for us at the table.

"Hey Boo, Nialler." Niall nods and I give her a half hug before sitting down.

"So how's your first day been so far?" El asks. Niall with his mouth already stuffed with food makes a gesture that hints his day was fine. El accepts it and turns to me," and you Lou?"

"Fine I guess. Other than PE. I had to dance with him." I say quietly. Eleanor and Niall know about what happened between Harry and I so they know what I mean when I say him. El just rubs my back comfortingly and leaves it at that.

If you are wondering, yes I'm in love with Harry. I have been since the summer after we met. We were only kids then, and I barely knew what love was, but whatever it was I knew I felt it with him. He felt the same way, well at least he seemed like he did. Looking back I don't know if he really did. If he did would he have treated me like that? While we are on the subject I might as well tell you what happened between us;

It was the summer after 8th year. We were still as close as ever and hung out every day. We always said 'I love you' to each other but never really thought about what we meant by it. I realised that I loved-loved Harry and wanted to be with him. I just didn't know how he felt.

The day I told him we were in my backyard just talking. I remember it like it was yesterday:

~Flashback~

"Hey Haz?" I said.

"What's up BooBear?" I smile at my nickname before responding, "When you say you love me, what do you mean?" I ask shyly.

"I mean that I love you and want to be your best friend forever." He says. My mind echoes the words, 'best friend'. "So you don't want to be something more?" I ask hesitantly.

"More?! Like boyfriends?! Ewww gross! I'm not gay! Are you?" He asks disgustedly.

"I don't know. It's just when I'm with you I feel differently then with everyone else." I say just above a whisper.

In less than a second he is off the ground and running towards the house and I am close behind him.

"Where are you going Hazza?!"

"I'm leaving! I can't be around a fag like you!" He screams and storms out.

My heart shatters and I fall to the ground sobs escaping my mouth. I sit there for hours just sobbing until I fall asleep.

~End Flashback~

My eyes start to water as I remember the day but before I can start crying the bell rings.

"I'll see you guys later." I get up and leave El and Niall at the table, heading for my next class.

By the time I get there I have recovered and try and put a smile on. I sit down and open my notebook. The bell rings and none other than Harry walks in late.

"Styles! For being late you can sit at the front of the class next to Tomlinson." The teacher says and I just lay my head on the table. My day just keeps getting worse and worse.

He sits down and scoots as far away as possible. The teacher starts talking about something but I zone out trying to forget about the person next to me.

I'm taken out of my zone when a voice calls my name, "Louis! Hey Louis!" I look up and see Harry standing there,"what?" I say rudely.

"We have a project due Friday. We are partners sadly. Anyway I'm coming to your house tonight so we can just get this over with. You still live in the same house?" Great a project with him. I just nod my head and then place it back on the table.

**At the end of the school day**

I'm walking out of school with El going towards her car. Before I can get in Harry comes driving up and yells for me,"hey Louis! Get in! Hurry up."

I frown out Eleanor and get in his car. As soon as I shut the door he races off towards my house. When we pull in we both get out and go inside up to my room.

I throw myself on my bed and he sits on the floor. We start working quietly and I can feel the tension in the air. He hasn't been here since the day he left.

For the project we have to act out a Shakespeare play and of course we got Romeo and Juliet. He climbs on the bed and we start reading our lines. As we near the kissing scene, I notice we have somehow gotten closer.

He finishes his line right before the kiss and we both look up into each other's eyes. We are just inches apart and I can feel his breath.

I can feel the blush rising on my cheeks as he leans in closer. His lips are about to connect with mine when he jumps back and off the bed.

"Oh my gosh Harry I'm so sorry!" I plead with him as he packs his stuff up. He doesn't respond and heads towards the door.

"Same time tomorrow. We are finishing it tomorrow. No matter what." He says then disappears down the hallway. Déjà Vu sets in as the day he left four years ago replays in my mind.