00:09

.

Valerie

.

Absolute traitors.

You'd think these group of hard-headed and fearless men would have a strict, unwritten rule of true loyalty and keeping your butt cheeks tightly closed.

No spilling secrets. No snaking each other out.

Nope.

But then again, I wasn't one of their companions so to speak and they valued Shar more than a emotional girl like me.

"Did you have to say that?" I threw the question at the leader, my eyes narrowing down on his clueless face.

"What's going on Val?" Shar asked me slowly, turning his whole frontal body to face me. I didn't meet his eye immediately until I felt his hard gaze on me.

"Nothing is going on, they're just too giddy girls this night."

Someone should consider taking me to a mental house for blatantly insulting these men by calling them girls. I could tell straight away that it didn't flow their boats since two of the guys step forward yelling; "What you saying white bitch."

"Yo yo chill." Shar quickly stopped them from getting too close to me.

Shar should really take me home before I would say something worse. I mouthed a 'sorry' at the leader just as Shar answered my prayers and reached for my hand. Our fingers intertwined the moment they came in contact and I grasped his hand tightly in mine. I made it clear, for both of us, that I wasn't going to let go anytime soon.

The whole group was glaring at me and I was slightly surprised that the word 'girls' did this much of a round on them. They should really chill out, pull up their pants and just throw sprinkles of glitter at each other.

Shar started to move, dragging me along with him and the group slowly stepped back, parting ways to let us through. When we came to the leader, Shar stopped. The leader nodded at Shar once and Shar returned the gesture before walking through the crowd.

I have no idea what came to my head when I thought doing the same thing will somehow leave me in these guys good books. I nodded my head at the leader quickly and then nodded my head at the other two guys behind him. They snarled back at me and I stumbled back with a small yelp.

The leader raised one eyebrow at me and shook his head. I nodded my head at him again, not wanting to exit with a yelp and with a bad exit.

I quickly turned around before another one of his men could scare me.

"You need help." Shar whispered lowly but I still caught it. I dropped my head in order to cover up my smile.

_

_

_

"So what happened back there?"

I kept looking out the window in hopes of avoiding answering that question. I know Shar was thinking about those words - my words - that the leader carelessly blurted out with little, if any, regard to my life.

Now I had a questioning Shar on my case and I knew that he wasn't going to let go anytime soon - unless I gave him an explanation.

"Is that why you want to go home?" Shar's voice dropped to a much lower tone and I slowly turned my head around to look at him. He had his shades on and one hand on the steering wheel. The other one was out the window. He had reached back over the seat before to put on the leather jacket that I first saw when I first hijacked his car.