Movie

Jiyoo was huffing as she stepped inside. She had planned to go for a jog every day, at least till the time she is here in this country. She loved the morning weather, of course, it was cold, but after running for an hour she was sweating buckets. In LA she might never get time to exercise like this, there's this beautiful park down a few blocks surrounded by trees and a small pond, with her music playing. She actually looks forward to tomorrow; though getting up in the weather like this is another task, let's see.

As soon as the door opened she heard a loud thumping as if someone was jumping on the floor with so much force, followed by heavy breathing. It was not long when Jiyoo found Jungkook just near the balcony, punching on the sandbag; that usually sits in the corner of the room, each punch with greater force. He was wearing a sleeveless back vest which was clearly drenched with sweat. She could see his muscles flexing with each moment, his hair stuck on his forehead, hiding how sharp his eyes had become.

"Oh you're back" he acknowledged her presence then going back to his practice. Jin had said before he was learning boxing these days, and it shows how good he was in it. Jiyoo gingerly nodded and grabbed a bottle from the fridge, then slipped in the counter stool, her eyes lingering on him still. Jin seems to be still in bed, at how deserted the room was. She was enjoying the action in front of her when he stopped, and Jiyoo almost groans out loud.

She passed him his sipper as he wiped his face with the towel. She complimented him on the boxing with a thumbs up, she was totally impressed how strong he is, and now look at him, passing that shy smile.

"Are you done eating this?" Jin asked, cleaning the tables after their dinner. They had a late lunch, and none of them were up for dinner, so all just decided to have instant noodles. Sound from TV filled the room, Jin cleaned up the tables while Jungkook was washing dishes, Jiyoo was so full that she dreaded to move even a finger, her eyelids already dropping, getting up early in the morning was hitting her now.

Deciding on she'll head for bed once this episode of drama ends, she struggled to keep her eyes open when Taehyung walked in with his phone, followed by Jimin. Suggesting to watch a movie just as soon as he stepped in, Jimin showed her packets of popcorns in his hands. Jiyoo sat right up and smiled at how enthusiastic Taehyung was when he dragged Jin and dropped him on the chair, and even ordered Jungkook to join them, guess there's no way out.

It was musical romance-themed, quite interesting in the start, but as the time was ticking Jiyoo found herself dozed off pretty soon after it started. The lights were turned off, which helped her in peaceful sleep. She was curled up in the corner with Jimin right beside her. Hoseok had joined them and was laying flat on the floor with Taehyung and Jungkook beside, pretty much engrossed in the movie. While Jin was sneaking at his phone once in a while, he rarely watches a movie so it was given he was just sitting there for visual effects.

Jungkook who was sitting right in front of the sofa, peep at the back, only to found Jiyoo fast asleep, he could hear her slow breathing. And there he was wondering why there was no noise from her. In an instant he got up, startling others who ignored him saying he must be a taking small trip to the bathroom but was baffled when he came back with a blanket, they already had one there so why.

Watching him with pure interest, all their eyes followed him when he draped it carefully around Jiyoo without making a sound as if anything could disturb her in her sleep. Then settled back on the floor as nothing happened. Jimin pressed his lips together as he exchanged glances with Jin who was trying to grasp what just happened.

--

"I need a bowl"

"Okay, bowl. Here"

"Where did I put flour?" Jugkook asked, scanning the counter. It was quite difficult to make out anything; the counter and including the table at the corner in the kitchen was a mess, all the packages were laying there, with bowls, flour was covering the surface. The two were determined to turn the entire kitchen upside down. Jiyoo handed him packaged flour, she had bought it before. They were craving fried chicken and rather than ordering it she decided to cook it at home as she had got frozen chicken too, not knowing they rarely cook in the dorm. It was her idea but Jungkook took over the process, though she didn't know why he was doing all the work when it was her idea in the first place, she just shook her head and let him do what he wanted, and acted as his assistant for today.

They were messing around with the food which explains the mess; also to annoy Jin just imagining the horrified face his made them burst out laughing again. He and the others were acting a little out of character for the last two days, which she couldn't understand, as if they are they are planning some prank on her. "I'll get corn flakes, where'd have you put it?" knowing it was Jungkook and Taehyung who arranged the groceries that day, he pointed at the topmost counter above her head.

It was out of reach for her and his hands were covered with marination. Contemplating on what to use, she dragged the counter stool to climb on it, which she knew was a stupid decision cause it had wheels, but confidence; she can just step on it and grab that damn box down. Not making any sound she carefully stepped on it, clenching on the counter for support, but yelped out when it wobbled a little as she straightened her legs up.

Jungkook was quick on his reflex and pressed his foot on the wheels, "what are you doing?" he yelled in panic "come down I'll get it" he said but not that he was supporting the stool he couldn't turn back to wash his hands. Awkwardly moving his hands, cursing in his head, he had just put down the apron.

"It's okay, I got it" with a shaking voice and hands, she opened the cabinet and pulled out the carton with hasty and clumsy moves. Carefully she bent her legs again, scrunching down on the stool, she squealed when the seat turned around and she found her face pressed on his neck, clenching on his shirt.

As an instinct, he had swiftly dashed closer and put his hands around her back for support. Jiyoo wondered if he could hear her heart thumping against her ribcage. The almost fall had caused a heart attack, but now she would have been calmed down if only she was not this close with him where she could feel his breath hitting her ear.

Getting her acts together she gingerly stepped down, still not meeting his eyes. Suddenly the whole room felt hot, she was sure her face must have turned the brightest of red with all the blood rushing to her cheeks. Thank god no one was there to witness this, it would have been so embarrassing.

"Are you okay?"

Jiyoo just nodded, with her head ducked down she placed the freaking box down, because of you, damn cardboard thing "here, I'll put it here" and scramble out to the bathroom. Gosh. her heart was still beating fast, she clasped her shaking hands together to her chest. Just recalling the closeness between them was making her head spin.