Unexpected change of plans

Julian's POV

"We apologize for your roommate Nathan Haynes, Mr Jones. I hope you didn't get a wrong impression of the School of Arts just because of him."

The Dean walked up and down his office and smiled genuinely at me. I nodded slightly and shifted around on the antique chair. I felt more than uncomfortable with this whole situation. I knew something was wrong with Nathan but I would never expect him to do drugs!

"All this incident from last week should be a reminder of our rules to everyone at this school.", he went on while looking down at me expectantly.

As if I did drugs! I didn't even ever smoked cigarettes so did this man really think I would be the next one who burns the whole party down?

"No Sir, I would never do..anything stupid.", I murmured, avoiding eye contact and playing with my hands on my lap.

"Good.", the Dean laughed. "So now we still need to talk about the roommate situation."

Crap. I knew this couldn't end well. Since the professors and the Dean found out what happened at the bonfire one week before they threw him out of school. Now everyone seemed to totally forget about the incident but I couldn't. All I could think of was who would be my new roommate? I needed one otherwise I couldn't pay the rent for my dorm. And I knew there were two rules. Number one: You can only get a room with a person of the same gender. Number two: As a freshman you needed to share the dorm room with a sophomore.

Call me a nerd because I read the university rules book that contained 500 pages.

So apparently Chloé was definitely out. I didn't think she has a dick hidden in her pants.

Also her other friends couldn't be my roommate since Josh is a junior and the others were apparently female too.

"And I already picked out someone who is actually the only possible candidate.", the Dean went on.

Candidate? Am I in a dating show now or what?

"But he doesn't know anything yet.", he smiled evilly.

Great. That type will definitely hate me for crashing into his dorm room. This all was so ridiculous.

"He's the only sophomore with an own dorm room but I have to warn you Mister Jones, he's a bit.." He seemed to think of a right word.

"Complicated.", he laughed.

"Uh okay. I can deal with that I think.", I answered and nodded my head.

I could deal with my brother back home too and he was all that 'typical boyish' cliché guy: he played American football, dated girls and was prom king of his school. Seriously I felt like he's a character out of an American love story or something.

The Dean took a look at his golden watch and shook his head. "He should have shown up four minutes ago."

I nodded again and felt like coming up with a new topic since the silence felt pretty awkward but what should I talk about with my Dean though?

But I didn't need to overthink that now because we got suddenly interrupted by a breathless person bouncing into the room.

Martin.

I haven't seen him since the freshmen's party.

I could make out a whiff of his expensive cologne as he stepped into the room. He wore black skinny jeans as always and a white shirt with a face of a blonde model printed on it. His caramel brown hair was straightened and combed to one side but it still looked fluffy and soft.

"I'm here, Deanie!", he said smiling like it was his birthday.

"Mister Sanders, sit down next to Mister Jones, please!", the Dean said sternly and sighed in surrender.

I gulped. Martin groaned louldy as he slumped into the chair next to me. He leaned his face on his right hand and looked unimpressed at the Dean, not even trying to look at me.

"Why am I here?", he asked monotonously and suddenly his mood changed from happy to serious.

"You are here because I wanted you to officially get to know your new roommate Julian.", the Dean mentioned casually.

I coughed. Is this man serious now? Why didn't I think about it before? He just said that this 'candidate' was already late and Martin storming in totally distracted me from the reason why I was sitting in this uncomfortable chair!

"What?! What the fuck, man!" Martin almost jumped out of his seat and his green eyes reflected his anger.

"Calm down, Mister Sanders. There's no other option left besides letting Mister Jones move in your dorm room. You're the only sophomore who owns a room.", the Dean explained simply.

I decided to be silent and just watch the scene. Getting involved into this would probably just lead to an even bigger discussion.

Martin finally stood up and put his hands on the Dean's desk in front of us.

"Look, it's not my fucking fault that my parents are rich enough to buy this fucked up room for myself but I definitely want it to be only for me and no one else." Martin's veins were pulsing and his jaw clenched as the Dean tried to think of a way to calm him down.

"Language, Mister Sanders!", he hissed and sighed. "I seriously don't know what I'll do with you..But what I know is that I want him", the Dean pointed at me, "to move into your dorm room or there will be consequences for the both of you!"

Martin snorted and his body tensed even more.

"Martin.." His voice softened. "We can make a deal. You take him and I will forget about this." He put out a yellow file filled with several pages of paper and put it in front of Martin's hands.

His face went blank and he nodded slightly while he stepped back from the Dean's desk and scratched his head.

"I guess I have a roommate now.", Martin sighed and looked at me for the first time since the party forcing a thin smile on his lips.

Omg guys I love you! Thank you so so so so much for 1000+ reads! I have never thought I could do this and now we're here! :D
For those of you who want some more information about a new possible update etc you should check out my profile because there you can read how far I am with the next chapter so yesss..and the YouTube link is Forbidden Voices by Martin Garrix ♡ because it stuck in my head since the beginning and yeah :P
Again: read, vote, comment, love! :)