Chapter 2

Nathaniel sat at his desk completing his homework . But didn't seem to be interested in it. He kept looking at his phone, as though expecting some phone call or a text.

"Come on Sophie..... please, please."

He kept his pen down which he was impatiently tapping on the page of the notebook in front of him creating a blotch of ink on the paper. At last his phone rang.

"Good news? Excellent!! Will be right there."

He texted Kitty and Josh, kept away his books and started putting things including a flashlight into his backpack. Picking up his bag and his phone, he made his way downstairs.

"Mum, I'm going to Sophie's house for a overnight party." he said calling out to his mum.

"Then why are you taking that bag?"

"Oh, it's just some essential things for the party. Bye mum. See you tomorrow"

Saying that, he made his way to Sophie's house.

Nathaniel silently walked, his heavy backpack took almost all his energy. He stopped by a shop in front of his school to buy an energy drink. Finishing it up, he saw Kitty and Josh running towards him.

"Hey, Nat!" greeted Kitty.

"Hello Kat." answered Nathaniel, "What are you guys doing here?"

"Same as you." said Josh knowingly, "We also got lost."

"But I'm not lost." protested Nathaniel.

"Oh don't worry, we are bound to get lost. Sophie never invited us to her house." said Kitty, getting herself and Josh a bottle of water each.

"Have you guys figured out how we are going persuade Sophie to come with us to the library?" asked Nathaniel.

"That's what we were discussing on our way here." answered Josh.

Kitty and Josh filled Nathaniel in with their discussion.

"And by telling her that, we'll have her on our side in no time." completed Kitty.

The door bell rang and a smiling Sophie greeted them.

"Hey guys! Welcome."

Behind her, her mother gave a little smile and left saying she was getting some snacks for them to have.

"Mum's not happy about you having here, but she still agreed." explained Sophie.

Sophie ushered them into her room, got some snacks from the kitchen which Mrs. Miller had laid out for them.

"I'll be right back. Need to convince my mum to let you stay." said Sophie closing the door behind her.

"Also," said Sophie opening the door, " I have recorded the Harry Potter movies, you can watch that while you wait for me. I'll get some popcorn on my way." Saying that, Sophie left the other 3 and made her way downstairs.

After a few moments of looking around, they kept their bags down and relaxed.

"So, what are we doing first?" asked Kitty.

"Let's go over our plan.

They went over their plan A and plan B.

"And then we're gonna tell her to pack some things like flashlights and all."

Just at the moment, Sophie entered.

"I'm back!", said Sophie sky-high. The friends quickly dropped everything and faked a smile at her. "You guys haven't started the Harry Potter films?, asked Sophie.

"Oh, we were waiting for you!" said Kitty with a fake smile.

Sophie sat down and stared at her friends. "So let's start, I love Harry Potter." said Sophie enthusiastically. The three were to refuse before the heard the words, Harry Potter. It was their life and they wouldn't miss it for anything.

"Let's read the books instead." suggested Nathaniel.

They all nodded. They started reading The Half-Blood Prince since Kitty kinda skipped this one. All of them ended up crying at Dumbledore's death.

"Okay, let's take a break, guys." recommend Josh. Taking their nodding heads as an affirmative action, he took out a small tiffin box with a few crusts of pizza inside. They all took one crust each and started digging in. Suddenly Sophie asked, "Josh, why did you bring pizza?"

Josh started sweating nervously, " Oh, ummm...... forget my strange habits, Sophie!"he said taking a paper and turning it into a paper plane. "Let's see whose plane flies the most!"

It seemed Josh's plan worked since Sophie took a paper and started doing the same, she suddenly stopped and looked at her friends. "I-I" stuttered Sophie, "I don't know how to make a paper plane."

Everyone looked at her, completely not expecting that. Nathaniel took the paper from Sophie and started making a plane, as if things couldn't get more unexpected. Sophie looked at him in a way she never did before. But Nathaniel couldn't decipher it and he didn't try to.

The time passed and it was soon 11:00. The four friends were busy watching the movies and eating. Kitty's eyes went to the her watch, and she made a little movement to get Josh's attention. 1st try was unsuccessful, the 2nd and the 3rd went the same. Frustrated, Kitty pinched Josh's arm, and Josh responded with small "Ow!"

"Shhh, be quite Josh."

She then signaled to her watch and mouthed some words which Josh to as a sign to start convincing Sophie.

"Ummm.... Sophie?"

"Yes?" said Sophie without taking her eyes off the screen.

"Sophie." Josh tried again.

"Yes I'm listening." said Sophie finally looking at him.

"Ummm.... Kitty wants to say something."

"No! No.....Josh wants to say something."

"Ok, are you gonna say anything? Or should we just continue the movie?"

"Ok fine!" said Josh giving up at last. "So, Sophie..... we were thinking about doing something. Something fun, something..... something....."

"Ok let me guess. We haven't dropped the library subject yet, right?"

"Ummm....." started Josh, but was cut short by Kitty.

"Sophie, it'll be fun! And also a wise man once said 'What's life without a little risk?'", said Sophie imitating Sirius Black.

"And he also got into a lot trouble." said Sophie crossing her hands.

Time went by without any success. Sophie still remained reluctant. Until Josh showed Sophie and article.

"Look here Sophie. It says the library has so many books revealing the secrets of many unsolved mysteries. That's no one has ever solved these mysteries. Just imagine..... we being the first ones to solve these mysteries. All we have to do, is go into the library and get those books. No one well block us." explained Josh.

The friends tried 'til she agreed.

"Okay, but just this once."

Josh, Nathaniel and Kitty all cheered.

"Let's get going then!" shouted out Nathaniel.