Chapter 3

Lizzie's POV

"That is so not true!" I exclaim across our table, after filming today myself and the some of the Avengers cast decided to go out for dinner. There is Me, Chris Evans, Scarlett and Colin, Robert, Tom Holland, Mark and Dave.

"It is Lizzie, you have like a baby snore!" Chris and the others laugh as we debate wether or not I actually snore. It's been nice to relax tonight we and we're all having a well earned day off tomorrow and I plan on staying in my comfy clothes and reading my new book.

"Well guys I've covered the bill so should we get going?" Robert announces getting up from his seat, this earns a lot of annoyed looks as he always does things like this. "Rob you did not just pay for all of our food and drinks?" Colin asks in a 'seriously dude' kind of tone. Rob just laughs and starts walking out which we all follow.

Chris, Scar, Colin and I are walking back to my apartment since they quite often can get parked better there. It's a nice walk especially when you cut through the park. We say our goodbyes and start walking.

"Remind me again why you haven't bought a house yet Liz?" Scarlett asks a little tipsy. I roll my eyes just ever so slightly knowing my friends have been bugging me about finally buying my own place instead of renting.

"I will I just want the right place you know, somewhere I can make home, with my amazing partner who doesn't yet exist!" we all laugh. I was in a really serious relationship for nearly 6 years up until about 8 months ago when everything went wrong.

"You know you'll find someone to have that amazing life with Liz, but maybe you should think about getting somewhere for you" Chris nudges my side and he's right- he usually is!

As we're walking through Hammonds park nearing the gate on the far side I suddenly stop. I can hear someone crying. "Lizzie?" Scarlett notices and stops too.

"Wait. Guys can you hear that?" We all look around until Colin points out a small figure on a bench with their head in their hands. We get a little closer and somethings really familiar about the young girl who we can now see.

"I know that girl, I met her at a bookstore yesterday." I say out loud contemplating wether or not to go over, is it really any of my business? She's just a kid I've got to go and check on her. "Really Liz you're meeting teenage girls in bookstores now?" Colin jokes.

I snap my head towards him with a completely unimpressed look on my face. "Shut up not like that! We had a conversation about Jane Eyre, here take my keys you guys go ahead I'll go and check on her and be back soon." Before they could even respond I started walking over to the girl.

It was like some kind of instinct kicked in and I couldn't even justify walking in another other direction than towards her.

Nobody's POV

"Hey, are you okay?" Lizzie asks as she approaches, cautious not to frighten the young girl. Alexa looks up when she hears the familiar soft voice, she looks up and sees the nice lady from the book store yesterday.

"Oh hi, yeah I'm fine it's ok" she says catching her breath and wiping her tears, hating that someone is seeing her so afraid and vulnerable. "Well you're crying in a park in the dark, so something tells me you're not fine!" Lizzie responds in her soft caring voice placing a hand on her shoulder.

"I feel stupid. I'm lost and my phone died and I have no idea how to get back to where I live" Alexa feels herself starting to cry again. "Hey come here sweetie, you're okay." Lizzie pulls her in for a hug stroking her hand over Alexa's hair.

"I'm Elizabeth by the way, well Lizzie" she says breaking the silence. "I'm Alexa" she managed to respond composing herself again.

"Well it's good to meet you... again" Lizzie nudges her shoulder and they both chuckle as it starts to rain.