XXVIII

And by the way, these last two chapters are gonna be normal fic,, meaning no more textfic for the rest of the story :( But, it's for plot purposes, and you guys get some extra fluff :D

But with extra fluff comes extra angst >:)

Anyway, enjoy! ^^

I laughed quietly as Katsuki turned his phone off and put it on the small table beside the hospital bed. I carefully brought myself into a sitting position, but Katsuki gently pushed me back down.

"Don't hurt yourself dumbass you're still healing," he said, his eyes burning into mine.

"Well how the hell do you expect me to give you a lil kith while I'm la-" Katsuki cut me off by leaning over and pressing his lips against mine, lightly cupping my cheek. It was quick and caught me off guard, so I panicked and pulled away a little.

"Like that. Anymore questions?" I blinked, a small smirk tugging at my lips.

"Have you ever played with someone's hair before?" Katsuki raised an eyebrow.

(pls im so sorry for y'all balds im tryin to be all inclusive i swear,, just skip this part if ur bald i cant deal with this 👨‍🦲)

"No, but I can try..." A wide smile spread across my face and I curled into a small ball, facing away from him. He shook his head and got fully under the covers, propping himself up with one elbow. He carefully picked up a strand of my hair and twirled it around his finger. I hummed quietly, showing my content, and he unraveled the strand from his finger, letting it fall back into place.

Katsuki stroked his fingers along my scalp, then using them as a brush to go through the rest of my hair. I smiled and cuddled closer to his chest, encouraging him to continue. His legs formed around my frame in a spooning way, and he continued to stroke through my hair. We laid in silence for a while before I spoke up.

"Did you let the doctors know that I'm awake?"

"Yes, why wouldn't I? The hell? Why do you think they took out your IV?" I held up my hand, noticing that the IV was indeed gone.

"Oh. Guess that makes sense as to why I'm so hungry all of a sudden," I joked, rolling over to face Katsuki. "You're really cute y'know." My words seemed to surprise him at first, but then a smirk spread across his face.

"Damn right, loser." I laughed at his narcissistic response.

"I mean it, you really are," I said as I gently took his chin into my hand, dragging my thumb across his lips. His face brightened, his eyebrows slanting downwards. He snarled quietly and opened his mouth, gently biting my thumb. I giggled and pulled it away.

"Are you actually hungry though?" He asked, pushing himself up to a sitting position on the bed.

"A little, yeah. Why?"

"I can text the old hag to give me a ride, I can pick something up at the store for you. Or get you some takeout, whatever you want," Katsuki responded, standing up from the bed and smoothing out his now wrinkled clothing.

"Oh no you don't have to do that. Just go to my place and grab something, I don't want you spending money. And plus, all my clothes are there so you could bring those too," I told him. I shook one of the sleeves of the hospital gown, my lip turning up in disgust. "I hate hospitals.." I muttered.

"You're not leaving this damn bed until the doctors tell you that you're free to go. Anything else you want me to pick up?" He put his shoes on and threw on a black hoodie with UA written in big orange font.