Chapter 4 - Edited

Chapter 4: Shots! Shots! Shots!

- Jonathan -

As we walked in the club, the music hit us, and I could feel the bass vibrating through my body. It was crowded tonight, so I took my chance to get closer to Korey. I gently held her waist from behind, and whispered in her ear. I could see her shiver a little, and I loved it. It was refreshing to meet a girl who wasn't trying to be all up on me 'cause of my financial status and or good looks.

"Hey ma, you want a drink?" I prompted, and she just simply nodded. I love how nervous she was around me. I had a little test for her in mind, though. I just wanted to see if she putting up a front or if she was as real as she seemed. I led her to the bar, and the crowd was even thicker over there, so her plump ass was pressed against me. I smiled as I saw her cheeks rise a little from where I was standing.

As we got to the bar, she started to reach for a seat, but I caged her small frame in between my arms, her body still pressed against mine. I was starting to get a little too excited, so I went ahead and stepped back. She slid onto the bar stool, and her dress rose just a little, exposing a little ink.

Oh shit!

I stared at it some, but I couldn't really see it in this dark lighting. I wondered what it was. I'm weak for a thigh tattoo. That's sexy!

"Hey beautiful, what can I get ya?" The thirty-something bartender asked her. I felt disrespected, because I'm clearly standing right here. I glared at him, and he took a step back. He must know who I am. I chuckled to myself, who doesn't? Well, Korey probably doesn't. I hope not. She would've probably ignored me if she did. Most people do, because they think my family and I are some killers or some shit. I don't know, but I'm focused on her right now.

"What you drinkin'?" I bent down, so my lips slightly touched her ear. She smiled sweetly and turned around, looking into my eyes. I noticed that she had light brown eyes. They were kinda hazel.

"I don't drink. I'mma get a coke." She said, and turned back around. I rasied my eyebrow, wondering  if she was lying.

"Nah, if you want somethin' I got you, beautiful." I told her, waiting for her response. She shook her head, reaching into her small purse. As the bartender came back, she slid him her card and ordered the coke.

She passed!

Okay, maybe she not fronting, but she could be one up on me, so I'm still scoping her out. It's hard for me to trust a female. Most of 'em grimy. I been through enough of 'em to know that.

He set her drink down, not looking up at all, and I chuckled to myself. Some Keyshia Cole song came on and I noticed Korey sway a little in her seat while sipping her coke through the tiny straw. She's so sexy without even trying. I was about to ask her to dance, when one of my boys, Lance, tapped me on my shoulder.

"Aye, wassup?" I asked, and she turned around in her seat. I saw him looking at her, checking her out. She looked down shyly, and I saw him lick his lips. What's up with these niggas? Don't they see me with her?

"Aye man, what?" I ask again, getting irritated. He nodded at Korey.

"This you?" He asked, now looking back at me. I smirked, glancing at her.

"Yeah, I'm working on it." I said, looking at her. She rolled her eyes, and turned back around. What was that about?

"Damn man, she bad, but anyway, you know that lil' nigga ya pops told us to keep an eye on?" He asked, and I nodded, knowing exactly who he was talking about. I kinda felt sorry for him though. His pops owed my pops big time, and his debts were passed to the only family he had--his son. Now he kicking it wit lil' Lana.