Fallen star 2

Time had moved so fast from the time at the end of the trial to when they returned to school. The media was having a frenzy with the decision of the court and they were more than happy to catch a picture of the two victims of the crime.

Lucy was the one who was suffering the suffocation of the press the most. With how high profile her father's case was back in the day, she was considered high priority by the press.

Even though he was still stalked by the annoying press, it was not as bad as how Lucy had it. But, lucky for her, she had Erza shunning all the press away. He remembered they even noted Erza as the demon who was keeping Lucy prisoner.

But that was hardly his concern at the moment. Erza cared for Lucy, as he knew she would. At the time, there was something else going on with Lucy that had his head going around in circles.

Thumbing the envelope in his hand, his thoughts trailed back to only two years ago, where it seemed so much longer than that.

The return to school was as awkward as it was forceful. He had settled a while ago, as his injuries were less extensive than that of Lucy's. But the moment that Natsu and the blonde stepped back on to Fairy Tail grounds, it was strained.

There was an overwhelming about of support to the two, especially to Lucy, but that didn't stop the stares and whispers about the case. He was overprotective of Lucy, shouting at most to mind their own damn business, but that didn't stop people from talking.

There were those very few who were brave enough to confront Lucy or Natsu about the ordeal, either asking them how they were feeling or that they were glad to see them back at school. But most were cowardice and hid behind the shadows.

It took a long time for things to settle. Both Natsu and Lucy went back to the hospital for their rehabilitation and health check-ups. Natsu's arm was beginning to gain full function with each passing day. No longer was he feeling a heavy strain on his shoulder muscles and the soreness he received from lifting was no longer painful.

All that was left were the bright, pink scars that blistered the side of his neck and the shoulder of his arm.

Lucy was his main concern.

Physically, she seemed to be doing well. Her tests were clear and negative. The MRI's on her skull and brain showed positive signs of healing and she wasn't wincing at every push and pull of her stitches anymore.

But, there was a mental change in his best friend.

It was hardly noticed by the other members of Fairy Tail. They were all too busy rejoicing in the return of the two that they didn't stop to think about the possible repercussions of the case and its outcomes. Or if they did, it sure didn't seem like it.

After the trial had ended, there was a short period of time where the two hardly saw each other. Between settling at home after the case, getting back into the rhythm of the school, and catching up on all the time homework they had missed, there was hardly time for conversation.

And it scared Natsu.

At the immediate end of the trial, Lucy's eyes looked hollow. The small smile was false on her lips and the body language was all too wrong. His eyes followed her as she was taken away from the court room, Capricorn keeping a tight grip on her shoulder as he followed her out.

Natsu was pulled away as well, his friends dragging him out to celebrate. He didn't want too, but the constant annoyance of Gray and Gajeel made him cave in. And Lucy had to wait for another day.