January 12, 1630

January 12, 1630

I haven't used this book for 12 years. I'm not sure what to say. Should I treat this as a diary or as a person?

It's around a month after I and the Magic Knights had successfully retrieved Yami and William from death's claws. Thankfully no one was reported dead during the operation. You would think that dealing with tyrants of such inhuman magic would leave a few people dead and gone, especially the sacrifices, but we all pushed through it. Finally bringing all the pain and torture of Spade Kingdom to an end.

Sol was incredibly concerned once I came back all beaten up. The following week of coming home was the most protective she had ever been with me. Always over my shoulder, next to my bed, changing my blankets and pillows. It was sweet of her but also way too meddling than needed. After being prepared to trade my life for the love of my life I wanted some alone time.

I was the 3rd captain to be able to move around freely without being glued to a hospital monitor. Of course, you should already know this considering you are me, I hurried to Yami's room. If you somehow forgot about what had happened back when we saved Yami, first you must be really old to forget that magical moment (and I'm glad I managed to live that long), so I'll tell you.

I managed to confess.

Of course he was half-awake, half-dead when I did it so I didn't expect much from him. Maybe it was for the best if he didn't remember, maybe that way I wouldn't be so nervous about living up to the standards. The status quo of being a loving lover for him.

I walked into his room seeing him asleep underneath the hospital's thin blankets. The small blanket perfectly outlined his chest, his abs, his everything.

I know I shouldn't say this but this is my diary so I'll write what seems to come to mind. He looked absolutely hot.

And to be clear with myself I mean attractive. Not in the way of heat. In fact he looked the opposite of that, he looked cold. He didn't look the opposite of attractive hot but he looked the opposite of climate hot. I assumed he was cold, he did have just a thin blanket the hospital gave. Those weren't really things you would want to cuddle up with or rely on for warmth.

With hot cheeks I sat on the stool next to his bed. We were alone. Although physically no one was there in the room with us the silence was still boldly standing over me. I awkwardly watched his face, his chest lightly moved up and down like a boat over a calm night ocean. His peach fuzz was all messy and grown out as a sign that he hasn't shaved it in a bit.

Is it weird that I wanted to touch it? I could've done anything to him now that he was supposedly sleeping. I could've played with his hair, laid down next to him, and held his hand. Kiss him. I could've gotten away with it. I knew that.

He wasn't awake, I quietly scooted my chair closer to the bed. My eagerness filled up my lungs, forcing myself to hold my breath. We were so close, I could see his face in a bit more detail now. His thick eyebrows rested calmly on his forehead and his mouth was ever so slightly open. Nervousness and anxiousness pushed my own lips into a thin line to close off my excitement. I wanted to do more, to try something new however we both know that it wasn't right. It wasn't right to sneak on him even though he did technically accept my confession.

I pushed my chair back to where it was and continued to watch him sleep. He slept for a long time but I was willing to wait for him. I wanted to be there when he woke up from his nap, I wanted to know if he remembered what happened. To see if I finally got what I wanted.

Instead I woke up, head resting in my arms that folded on the edge of the mattress. I groggily lifted my head up as the sun shone on my eyes, my vision was too blurry for me to see anything but after a few seconds and an eye rub they cleared up.