𝕾𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖈𝖊𝖉 𝖙𝖔 𝕾𝖙. 𝕸𝖚𝖓𝖌𝖔𝖘

Tosses and turns plagued this doomed night. Doomed because, at 2am even the wisest of Ravenclaws replayed missed concepts in their head; spells not quite perfected. In mere hours the O.W.L.s lurked, and therein lurked dependent futures.

Felicity rolled to her side, and lit up her wand faintly beneath the covers. 2:22am. And yet, O.W.L.s never crossed her mind since she hit pillow hours ago.

That same aura returned. The same one the night before the Triwizard Tournament. Before Cedric's last day on Earth.

Magic pulsed through her veins like a stimulative potion. A magic, foreseeing an event. An event greater than O.W.L.s. 

She nestled deeper into her mattress.

Sleep.

Legs stretched and retracted.

Sleep.

And so the magic pulsed on. To be exhausted, to be sleepy as death itself, and yet her mind, clean and clear, worked evermore.

Niamh.

Somewhere in the midst of a great pandemic, on a summer's night, Niamh manifested by the second. Affirmations, translated by quantum leaps into a tingling, stemming from Felicity's heart center.

Niamh must yearn an escape to try thus hard. For Felicity's mind ached for slumber, and yet Niamh persisted.

You must take a break, Felicity told herself. Her mind overloaded with futuristic images of Hogwarts and its physical conditions. Of celebration and mourning, of brave friends and conflicted foes. Take a break.

And so Felicity consulted Occlumency that night. And although sleep swept her clean in minutes, if she were awake, she could not have loved Severus more.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯○○◯○○⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Felicity scribbled away hard as soon as she read it

𝔈𝔰𝔰𝔞𝔶 𝔔𝔲𝔢𝔰𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫: 𝔇𝔢𝔰𝔠𝔯𝔦𝔟𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔢 "𝔢𝔵𝔱𝔦𝔫𝔠𝔱" 𝔰𝔭𝔢𝔠𝔦𝔢𝔰 𝔭𝔯𝔬𝔱𝔢𝔠𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫 𝔞𝔠𝔱 𝔬𝔣 1690.

She glanced up at the ticking clock, mentally digesting the time left on their History of Magic exam. Umbridge stood beneath it, hands clasped in a diplomatic fashion. She surveyed the fifth years in their intense exertion.

Back to her exam. 𝐼𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑀𝑢𝑔𝑔𝑙𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑠𝑝𝑖𝑟𝑎𝑙𝑒𝑑 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑙, 𝑀𝑎𝑔𝑖𝑧𝑜𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑖𝑠𝑡 𝐶𝑎𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑒 𝑆𝑐𝑎𝑚𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟 𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑎𝑛𝑖𝑚𝑎𝑙 𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑒𝑟𝑣𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛. 𝐴𝑡 𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑟𝑒𝑗𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑏𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑀𝑖𝑛𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠, 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑢𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑠𝑖𝑔𝑛𝑒𝑑 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑑𝑟𝑎𝑓𝑡 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑜 𝑙𝑎𝑤 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝐷𝑜𝑑𝑜 𝑏𝑖𝑟𝑑 𝑠𝑢𝑓𝑓𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎 𝑝𝑜𝑝𝑢𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑜𝑓 𝑚𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑙𝑦 𝑡𝑤𝑜 𝑓𝑒𝑚𝑎𝑙𝑒𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑚𝑎𝑙𝑒. 𝑀𝑢𝑔𝑔𝑙𝑒𝑠 𝑠𝑎𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑙𝑎𝑠𝑡 𝐷𝑜𝑑𝑜 𝑑𝑖𝑒𝑑 𝑖𝑛 1690 𝑏𝑦 𝑎 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑡𝑟𝑢𝑙𝑦, 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑖𝑛ℎ𝑎𝑏𝑖𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑧𝑎𝑟𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑚 𝑜𝑓 𝑀𝑎𝑑𝑎𝑔𝑎𝑠𝑐𝑎𝑟 𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑑𝑎𝑦. 𝐴𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑜 𝑒𝑎𝑐ℎ 𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑒, 𝑊𝑖𝑧𝑎𝑟𝑑𝑠 𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑐𝑢𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑝𝑒𝑐𝑖𝑒𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑀𝑢𝑔𝑔𝑙𝑒𝑠 𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑟 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑠𝑓𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑚 𝑡𝑜 𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑙𝑑. 𝐴𝑛𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑒𝑥𝑎𝑚𝑝𝑙𝑒 𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑙𝑢𝑑𝑒𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑃𝑎𝑠𝑠𝑒𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑟 𝑃𝑖𝑔𝑒𝑜𝑛 𝑜𝑓 1914. 𝑇ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑡𝑜𝑜, 𝑛𝑜 𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑟 𝑑𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑀𝑢𝑔𝑔𝑙𝑒 𝑚𝑎𝑖𝑙, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑜𝑛𝑙𝑦 𝑎 𝑊𝑖𝑧𝑎𝑟𝑑'𝑠.