Sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ Bɪɢɢᴇʀ Tʜᴀɴ Aʟʟ ᴏғ Us

Luna, Felicity, and select housemates and Hufflepuffs spotted the mysterious wooden door, knocking on it while keeping on the lookout for Filch or Umbridge. When Harry opened it, the members stepped into an awesome atmosphere.

Blazing torches aligned a spacious, arch-ceilinged stone wall. Copious texts of various Defense Against the Dark Arts topics lined the polished, towering bookshelves. In every nook and cranny and along the wall, bean bags, pillows, cushions of all kinds lie available for all kinds of needs.

"Harry," Felicity asked, drinking in obscure, useful titles of the books, "what is this place?"

Harry turned to face everyone, grinning. "This," he gestured to the heart of the territory, "is the Room of Requirement. Anything your need," he shifted his gaze to the members as a whole, "require, that is, you visit this area and think on it. The room will reveal its customized self to you, depending on your needs."

Felicity glanced at Luna, both exchanging wide grins. Wicked! they seemed to tacitly exchange.

Manifestation at work!

"Yep," George added, hands on hips proudly, "makes mighty fine training grounds for Pygmy Puffs!"

Luna's eyes lit up.

Fred nodded, "And a sturdy ceiling for Explosive Enterprises!"

Harry frowned. "How did you guys find this place?"

Fred shrugged. "It's bizarre, really. We once hid from Filch in here, but we thought it was just a broom cupboard. Until we passed by with pockets of Dungbombs, it opened to a whole different place."

Dean scooped up a glass-like top, a Sneakoscope, and handled a mirror: Foe-Glass, in another hand. "What's this stuff?"

"Dark Detectors," Harry made his way through the cushions, "but don't be fooled, every so often a Dark Wizard or enemy slips undetected by these systems."

A hand shot in the hair.

"Yes, Hermione?"

"Before we begin, I think we ought to elect a leader."

Cho crossed her arms, raising an eyebrow at the Gryffindor. "Harry's leader."

Well, it's sort of obvious, isn't it? He's teaching us . . .

"Yes, but voting makes it official, giving him authority. All right," Hermione raised a hand up, eyeing everyone, "all those in favor?"

Everyone shot their hands, followed by a skeptical Zacharias.

Hermione smiled, paused for a moment, then continued. "To inspire team spirit and unity, I think we ought to have a name."

Angelina piped in. "Can we be the Anti-Umbridge League?"

Ooh, I like that. Felicity nodded eagerly.

"Or the Ministry of Magic Are Morons Group?" Fred suggested.

Felicity snickered, willing her imagination to make a rebellious artwork with words. "The Paradoxal Order of the Free-Spirits."

Padma frowned. "What makes our organization a paradox?"

"Simple. We're rebelling against the Ministry like anarchists, but we employ governmental practices like voting and leadership to keep us functioning."

"No, anarchy is just what you want to see," Zacharias scolded.

"I do not! I'm a rebellious pacifist."

"Oh I know," Luna steered the topic back to naming, then eyed Felicity's covered arm, "We Must Not Tell Truths!"