Chapter 18. T

Antonio

🥃🥃🥃

Monday morning, I wake up early and send Sara a text, asking her how she's feeling. She immediately answers and tells me she's better, but still fatigued.

Sara: I'm omw to work now

Me: Just call in sick darling

Sara: I'm good. I only use my sick days if I can't get out of bed

Me: You could barely walk yesterday!

She should stay home today to ensure she regains her energy and strength. She shouldn't strain herself.

Sara: You're right. I'll call Mia telling her I'm not coming in today

Me: Good. And take a warm bath while you're at it. You had a high fever last night

Sara: I was kidding🤣

Me:😒

She almost had me there for a second . . .

She knows her body and I'm sure she would've stayed at home if she felt like it was the best option.

I get back to work; I have to find some new DJs to hire. We try to find young, aspiring DJ's and give them a chance at fame. We book at least one famous DJ a week. It doesn't really matter who they are, as long as they can mix good music. But it helps if we occasionally bring in someone well known.

After tending to my work for most of the morning, I head to my tailor. I'm in dire need of new suits. Especially now with the addition of the VIP section. It's not like the clients pay much attention to my attire, but it's something I like to splurge on.

🥃

"Mr. Monaro," the elderly man greets upon me entering his store. He's as old as my dad but still likes to call me sir or mister.

"Nonno," I greet him back, a smug smile on my face. Every time he calls me mister, I call him grandpa in return.

He grumbles something under his breath, and I smile even wider.

"I'd like to take some new measurements. The ones I have are from six months ago."

I nod and we get to work, knowing what's expected of me.

Harvey is measuring my thighs when my phone rings with a notification from the table next to where he's scribbling down numbers.

My lips immediately lift when I see her name on the screen.

Sara: You were right. I'm still a little tired so I'm home now

My chest puffs up proudly that I was right, but then I worry.

Me: Are you alright?

Sara: I'm okay. Just tired is all

Me: Okay good. I can come by later if you want?

Something about spending time with her in her apartment, when she's in her element, is highly alluring.

Sara: Appreciate it, but I'm buried in work 😢

Her use of that emoji makes me let out an amused breath.

Me: Aww don't be sad baby. I'll come console you

Sara: 😁

Sara: See! I'm not sad anymore

This time I let out a laugh.