Chapter 16. S

Sara

👑👑👑

After working out, even kicking and punching something, for over an hour, doesn't make me cool off and less angry, I decide to just escape my thoughts through reading.

Today, I woke up and after reading some news articles about celebrities, I've been just pissed and on edge the entire day.

My ex boyfriend, Alex, whom I broke up with over a year ago, has a new girlfriend apparently.

From what the article said, he's been with her for over five months.

Five months!

I am over him. What I'm mad about is the reason for our breakup.

He plays basketball and has been working hard to get drafted by the NBA his senior year of college. We had been dating all throughout college, but nearing the last couple of months of college, he decided he wanted to break up with me.

Why? Because his chances of getting drafted and moving to LA were pretty big, according to his coach at the time. He told me he was going to move across the country and then keep traveling around for games. So he didn't want a girlfriend to distract him from training. So he thought the best solution was for us to break up. When I said I was willing to try long distance, he immediately shut me down—time difference, not being able to actually see and touch each other did not sound good to him. It didn't for me either, but I was willing to give it a try.

I even suggested that I move with him to California, this way we wouldn't be apart. But he didn't want any 'distractions' whatsoever. I was willing to move across the country for him, meaning I'd be leaving my friends behind, a great internship and future job, just to be with him, but he didn't accept.

My body moving like I'm a robot and someone else has control of it, I put my book away and walk to my closet. I pull out the first items I see; jean shorts and a sports bra. Yeah, Izzy would really approve. Not.

I don't hate Alex for wanting to pursue his dreams. What I'm mad about is reason he broke up with me was because he didn't want a girlfriend to distract him and yet he went on and got himself a fucking girlfriend. Not even six months after we broke up if the articles are true about their timeline.

So what, he actually didn't want me? Wasn't I worth fighting for? I was willing to fight for him—I did fight for him—till the very end.

On graduation night, when it was clear our relationship was ending, I begged him to change his mind. We loved each other. And that's why it hurt so much.

I can't hate him. He didn't cheat on me. So I don't have the right to be mad at him.

Without thinking, I grab my car keys and get out of my apartment. I can't stay here in this tiny box, alone with my thoughts. I'd go crazy.

After driving for ten minutes, I found myself in the parking lot of club Lusso.

Maybe drinking alcohol will calm me. Last time I drank so much that I blacked out, was when Alex dumped me. Dumped me like I meant nothing to him.

The entire day, I couldn't focus properly on my work. I even snapped at Antonio who was only trying to help me. I thought working out and letting off some steam would help, but seeing as I'm getting out of my car and walking to the elevator, it clearly didn't.

I haven't thought about him in a long while. I don't even search his name on the internet to see what he's up to. He's clearly gotten more known and famous in the past year since getting drafted—him being the new star on his team and all—and his new relationship was apparently worth mentioning in a fashion page I follow on Instagram. His new girlfriend is some model or whatever.