Unconscious IV (Zircon)

Yes, Zircon. Heheheheheheheh. This chapter has multiple purposes actually... to get more info on Zircon and to get more info on how the DoD (Dragonets of Destiny) managed to survive without Glory. Also, at the top I used an editing app called Pixlr x and some online photos to make that picture.

     Hope you enjoy this chapter! <3

     Zircon's POV:

     In the cave where I grew up, there wasn't exactly a loving environment. One would think lovable Sunny and kind Clay would make up for any lack of affection, but Kestrel was like -10 dragons of love. Dune was a distant guardian, and Webs wasn't all that much better (though I admit he was tolerable.)

     I never whined when I was a mere 2 years old. I never cried when I was a young dragonet. I learned to be tough in my harsh environment, the only place open to me to claim as my home. I learned to be quiet, observant, and (somehow) learned a lot about life without seeing any of it other than the dingy cave.

     Did I learn to be obedient? Kestrel wishes. I learned to think outside the box, be smart, and clap back. I also learned when to shut up, but not the easy way.

     As much as I would detest to admit this, I owed a lot to the guardians. It's a thought I don't mind crossing my mind, but I don't want repeated out loud.

     Often, as a Dragonet of Destiny, I wondered where I belonged. With who I belonged (as family.) Clay and Sunny were like the closest siblings out of all of us. Tsunami and Starflight often fought, but they were both kind of bossy and though they knew best. They occupied each other.

      Me? I was that weird, quiet little dragonet in the corner, who would jump in to protect my siblings if needed. Don't get me wrong: I accept and like who I am. I know my siblings do too, and that they love me all the same. But I always noticed that I was very different from the rest of the group.

      The guardians also noticed I'm a bit different. At first, I was treated better than the other Dragonets of Destiny by Kestrel, I suppose because I was a SkyWing. But when we had my first training session, the special treatment ceased. I fight terribly, the only one I can fight better than in the group is Starflight. But Starflight is smart enough to make up for that, and I'm just not.

      Kestrel still had some hope for me until she realized my true nature. All of the other Dragonets of Destiny expressed themselves in whatever way they could, but not me. I was quiet about my opinions, I didn't try to boss anyone around, I just tried to scrape by. According to Kestrel, I wasn't a true SkyWing.

      The words didn't sting. I didn't feel like a SkyWing, nor did I particularly want to be one if they were all like Kestrel. The only problem with this was that if I wasn't a SkyWing, what was I? A Dragonet of Destiny... but what about after the war?

      The other Dragonets tended to think about how to stop the war. Don't get me wrong, I did too. But I also thought about afterwards. What was my purpose other than to end the war? What place did I have on Pyrrhia? I didn't know.

      Morrowseer the stupid NightWing who roped us into this mess came to visit. I overheard him discussing plans of when we would be released and what we would be told to do. Bossed around like puppets! That was too far even for me. That was the first time in a long time I had a risky and bossy thought of my own. We had to run away.

     I whispered this to the other Dragonets, who weren't completely convinced. Tsunami said that we had to escape anyways, but Clay argued that it might not be time yet. Starflight jumped in and said that this must be important: I almost never expressed my opinion or made a decision, so if I did it must not be something small bugging me. In the end, Sunny the peacemaker said we should all just start planning, and try to escape soon. Everyone, including me, agreed.