4

You sat across Penelope as she drank her martini. You sipped on your margarita while sitting at the edge of the booth, Emily and Spencer beside you. Luke and Tara had just arrived so they adjusted by sitting on either side of Penelope. JJ decided to stay home with Will and Rossi also decided to go home.

Under the table your thigh rubbed against Spencer's, and you believed the tension was all in your head until his hand landed in your knee.

"So Y/n do you have anyone special in your life yet?" Penelope began to ask as she sipped on her drink

"What?" you looked up from your drink

"Well we haven't gone out much with you. I want to know all the details of my friends life." she squealed as she continued to sip her drink, she loved getting all the gossip out of everyone. Fortunately your private life wasn't so exotic. For now. "So has anyone peeked your interest?"

Spencer's finger tauntingly traced up your thigh as you thought about a response to her question. You gave Spencer a quick glance before looking back to Penelope to give her a direct answer "Not at all"

"Oh really?" Spencer gave you a quick glance and gently squeezed your thigh at the same time

"Yeah I haven't really met anyone yet" you shrugged and looked around the bar "Maybe I'll find someone tonight"

"If you do, you will have to spill all the details tomorrow" Penelope added on

"Of course" you nodded and continued to sip on your drink

Time passed and Spencer's hand didn't budge, in all honesty you did not mind. Tara and Luke were cracking jokes while Emily was clearly checking out another woman on the dance floor.

Spencer's touch began to dangerously get closer to your core, while everyone was in there own world Spencer leaned down and whispered into your ear "Imagine all the things I'd do if we were alone?"

You held back a whimper by clearing your throat and slamming your hand on the table. Everyone turned to look at you with a confused look so you quickly came up with an excuse. You nervously chuckled "I'm out. Have fun guys"

"Where are you going?" Tara watched as you struggled to move since Spencer's hand was still on you

You smiled and pushed Spencer's hand away "I'm going to the bar. Maybe I'll get lucky tonight"

Penelope shot you a wink while Luke gave you a thumbs up. Emily glanced at you "Have fun"

Everyone went back to their conversations and you mouthed to Spencer 'Nice try'

You didn't even bother to see the look on Spencer's face, knowing he was annoyed was satisfaction enough. You walked through the dance floor and after avoiding sweaty drunk people you had finally made it to the bar. As soon as you leaned over the counter someone approached you.

"Hey"

You turned your head and found a very attractive man approach you. Maybe it was the alcohol that gave you a boost but you went for it, you batted your eyes lashes and smiled "Hey"

"Whats a pretty girl like you doing hanging out alone?" The stranger's eyes wandered up and down your body as he licked his bottom lip

"I don't know" you took a step closer to him "I guess I'm just looking for a good time"

"I could show you a good time" he had a drink in his hand and brought it up to his lips

"Oh really?" You smiled at him

"Yeah. Let me take you home" he put the glass down on the counter

Just as you were about to respond a different voice answered him "She's seeing someone"

You were shocked when you realized Spencer had snuck up behind you, you quickly tried to push him away "No I am not"

"Yes she is" Spencer butted in

You hadn't even gotten the strangers name yet and Spencer was pushing him away so you nudged him with your elbow and loudly said "Spencer go away"

"I just wanted one thing" the man shook his head "I don't need whatever complicated thing this is" and he walked away

You weren't going to go chase after some stranger but you were pissed, you turned around to face Spencer and he had a little smirk on his face "What the actual fuck is wrong with you"

"He didn't seem like the type of guy you should be with" Spencer attempted to explain his stupidity

"I hate you" you seethed through your teeth and walked back toward the team

"It didn't seem that way when I was on your couch" Spencer called out behind you

"Whatever" you ignored him and continued to walk

As soon as Penelope was in sight you could tell she had a lot more to drink while you were gone. Everyone did. There were shot glasses set on the table. You realized Emily wasn't even there anymore.

You turned your head back to the dance floor and the girl that she was looking at was gone as well. You smiled to yourself and sat down. Spencer followed and sat down beside you again.

"So how did it go" Luke asked as he took a swig of his beer

"Doctor 187 blew my chances with this really hot guy" you groaned as you snatched a shot away from Penelope's hand "Sorry I need this"

"You're drunk. It's not responsible to go off with some stranger." Spencer elbowed you

You downed your shot and cringed for a second "I'm barely drunk" you pointed at Tara, Luke, and Penelope who were leaning on each other "They're drunk"

"I am not drunk" Tara slurred "This is my normal estate. I mean state. Wait no..." she pointed to the sky "Face! I mean this is my normal face"

You laughed as you glanced over at Spencer to show him you were right. He gave you the side eye and drank his beer.

"I want some pizza" Penelope frowned

"We'll get you some later" you tried to cheer her up

"With pineapples" she flashed you a smile and her hand reached over the table to grab yours

"That's nasty" Luke mumbled

Penelope let go of your hand and turned to Luke "N-no one asked for your opinion newbie"

"Yeah Luke" Tara fired back "Shut up"

As you let them argue like children you turned your head to look at Spencer and leaned in to whisper in his ear "The only reason I'm not with that guy is because you're jealous"

Spencer quietly chuckled and shook his head "No I'm not"

You continued "Just to make you feel just as annoyed I might come back and look for him again"

You pulled away and Spencer looked exactly how you wanted him to look, jealous. He even looked a little angry but that part was probably in your head. You nudged him a bit "And don't forget that I know you are still hiding something"

"Hey hey hey" Penelope whispered loudly "What are you chatting about over there"

"Nothing I was just saying that I have to go" Spencer smiled kindly at her "I'll see you all at work"

You waved him a goodbye and watched him walk towards to exit only to see Emily walk back to the table with lipstick smeared across her lips, her skin was flushed and she looked out of breath. She quickly began to ramble "Sorry guys I'm going home but stay here and have fun"

She didn't even let anyone respond before she quickly ran out the door. You giggled and continued to drink the night away with Tara, Luke, and Penelope.