Cold Weather and Warm Coal (Frankie x Hurricane)

The weather on Sodor had gotten much colder now that September was slowly coming to an end. Some of the engines had no trouble keeping themselves warm due to having so much experience with cold weather back where they were built or originally worked at. While others didn't like the cold weather at all. Some of the engines even enjoyed the cold weather because to them that meant they could spend more time with they're significant other in a warm shed for the rest of the day or even just spend the day in the Shed with friends.

Though this weather didn't feel nice for some engine's it felt like a cool winter to others. Over near the main land was the Steel Works. It was always hot in the building so when the engines that worked inside heard about the cool weather, they felt like they were getting a break from the hot burning steel inside. Though it had only been a few days since they saw any signs of snow, Mother Nature decided to act that night while they were all asleep in their warm sheds.

As the sun arose from the night sky, the warmth off the sun mixed with the burning coldness in the air turned into fog. It wasn’t long until you could barely even see the sun. The Steel Works now looked like a haunted old building. Which in a way, suited it due to how the building itself looked on the outside.

While some engines was already awake a spasifc engine himself was just waking up, as Hurricane woke up he realise that he was alone in the shed but it didn't take him long to see the other's setting i front of the bulding. 

"Is it just me or does the building look... some what.... Scary? In a way?...." Merlin asked. "It seems so....Hey! Maybe we'll see some ghost engine's in the building too or! Or! Maybe even some cursed cats!" Lexi giggled as the other 3 laughed and chuckled along. The sound of a jittering diesel engine quickly hushed them as they looked in front of them inside the Steel Works to see where the noise was coming from.

A dark figure of a diesel slowly emerged from the smoke and fog inside inching closer to them until they saw that it was none other then Frankie. She was covered in soot and dust from working inside. "Well i can't just do all the work by myself!" She exclaimed as the other 4 glanced at one another before Hurricane spoke up. 

"She is right, we don't have much to do today so if we hurry we can finish it and have the rest of the day off" he finished approaching the group. "We'll then let's get started shall we?" Merlin assured the others as they entered the Steel Works. They did the usual jobs, moving slate cars around, filling cars with lava, and moving flat beds filled with all sorts of metal things outside ready to be delivered later that day. 

While they all was working Hurricane would often find himself staring over at Frankie when she wasn't looking. He quickly glanced away when he heard a small thud and looked over to the side of the buckets to see that Theo had accidently ran into his cars with the flatbeds. "Oops s-sorry there H-Hurricane" he quietly apologized. Hurricane softly chuckled at the little engine. 

"Is alright Theo" he said as he watched Theo switch tracks and hurry along to bring the small load of flatbeds outside to be delivered later that day. Once Hurricane looked back over towards Frankie, she was gone. He was really hoping to catch her and spend more time with her since her and Merlin had been taken some deliveries together for the past few weeks so Hurricane could take a well needed break, but now he’d like to make at least a few deliveries together. 

“Hurricane!”

“Er? What is it?” he asked now looking at the cab forward engine who was next to him on the other track facing him. “Your slate cars are filled so you better hurry up  to the slate ground!!” Lexi Chuckled as she puffed away. “Oh uhm…. Right..” he mumbled to himself as he made his way over to the slate ground. As the worker's dumped the remaining slate, Hurricane drifted back into his thoughts trying to think of a way to deliver those cars with her.