【𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞.】

爱之深,责之切。
𝑦𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑥 𝑓𝑒𝑚 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑒𝑟

❝爱之深,责之切。❞𝑦𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑥 𝑓𝑒𝑚 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑒𝑟

"Don't cry, my dove." Orion cooed, wiping your tears. "There is no reason for you to."

"No reason?!" You stared at him in horror. "You're about to beat me into submission, you psychopath!"

"Haven't you heard?" He smirked, leaning down so you could feel his warm breath on your ear. "Fear is the heart of love."

The sound of a whip hitting skin echoed throughout the night, followed by a bloodcurdling scream.

"I see that you've awakened, my dove." He grinned, the all to familiar scent of blood flooding your nose.

Your head was pounding and you couldn't feel your limbs. The light pouring in through the windows felt too bright, and the temperature of the room felt too cold. You attempted to move your arms to stretch, but you were met with jolts of sharp pain tearing through your muscles. A silent scream left your lips as your eyes, despite being unable to see clearly, searched frantically for Orion.

"You shouldn't move too much, dove." He sauntered over to you, taking a seat on the wooden floor to lay his head on the soft bed. "Wouldn't want to make your injuries hurt more."

"W...what... happened?" You rasped out, throat feeling dry. Your vision was still blurry, and everything ached.

"You don't remember?" You could almost hear his pout. "I beat you into submission."

Well, that much was obvious.

"No... what did... you do?" You tried again, hoping for a clearer answer.

"You want to know how I hurt you?" He chuckled. "My my, I never thought you'd be a masochist."

He moved from the floor to sit on the bed, laying a hand on your cheek.

"If you must know, I whipped you ten times on the back. I also broke your joints, and your left arm seems to be broken as well." Orion smiled gleefully, his crimson eyes sparkling with pleasure as he leaned down to meet your lips with his. "It was a beautiful sight, to see you bathed in your own blood. I've never seen anyone prettier."

Everything screamed at you to get out, to leave and never come back, to leave the country and hide, but even if you could, you had no doubt that he would find you time and time again.

If this was the punishment you obtained after defying him by speaking back and slapping him once, then you couldn't bear to imagine what he would do if you ran away.

"Ah, I love it when you shut up." He whispered, lips sucking on your neck harshly, hands putting pressure on your broken wrists. As much as you tried to endure the pain, the tears couldn't help but slip out. He dragged his tongue from your abused neck to lick your tears away, almost moaning at the saltiness.

"Delicious," he groaned. "Absolutely divine."

He pulled away moments later, breaths laboured as though he just ran a marathon.

"Let this be a lesson to you, my dove." His finger trailed figure eights on your stomach, a red liquid that felt uncannily similar to blood following his trail. "Do not defy me again, or I will make sure that every punishments is worse than the last."

He brought the finger to his lips, sucking on it.

"Though, I have to say, your blood tastes so good." He murmured dreamily, his eyes glazed over. "No ambrosia could ever taste half as sweet as you."

The only emotion you were capable of feeling in his presence was fear, and he couldn't be more pleased.

"Fear truly is the heart of love, right my dove?"

爱之深,责之切 (ài zhī shēn,zé zhī qiē) - love well, whip well/tough love/fear is the heart of love

sorry this is kinda bad LOL wrote this on a whim in physics instead of doing work 😌✨