Chapter Two

It is seven in the morning by the time we drop ourselves into our beds back at the hotel. To our bodies it only feels like two a.m, which is probably how we managed to stay out so long. Fucking time change. What had started out as a nice dinner turned into dancing until close at a club some guys we met invited us to. Dancing has never really been a strong suit for me, but Ainsley 2.0 was the first to say yes when asked. My feet were definitely out for revenge. We danced and drank until the bartender gave us the "Last Call" bell, which of course led to Emma buying us one last round of shots. The guys we had met invited us to take a walk around the city until the sun came up, which would have been really nice had most of the walk not been spent with their tongues down Daisey and Emma's throats. When in Ro-er London, eh? The third guy tried to make a move on me, but was cut short when he ended up puking instead. Needless to say, I was very turned off and he scurried back to his flat in embarrassment. I didn't mind practically walking alone, however. It was peaceful. Cities always seem so much more magical to me in the middle of the night. Even ones that never seem to sleep. 

           Curling up into bed, I called out goodnight to the other two and was met with faint snores in return. I was pulled from my slumber way too early it seemed by a knock on the front door and a voice calling out "Room Service!" Groaning, I managed to reach the door and let him in. He wheeled the cart full of food to the middle of the room and gave a short bow before exiting. As tired as I was, I couldn't resist the sweet, sweet smell of bacon. I decided to let the girls sleep a bit longer as I made myself a plate and carried it to the dining room table. Powering up my laptop I sent out a quick email to my parents letting them know we had arrived safely and that everything was going well. 

        I tossed my plate in the sink and headed to the bathroom to wash off last night. I stood under the water and reveled in the way the water warmed me. The heat worked it's way into my muscles and instantly relaxed me. I finished up my shower and got myself ready for the day. Taking a look in the mirror I observed what I saw reflected back. An auburn haired girl with hazel green eyes stood at an even five foot five. Her complexion was fair with a few freckles and full lips. Her body was an athletic build thanks to her years of playing soccer when she was younger. She was dressed in ankle boots, black skinny jeans and a flowy green shirt. She twirled her shirt around her belly a few times before breaking into a wide grin. I liked what I saw. I worked hard to love the image that reflected back at me.  A few years of self-loathing the very skin I was in made damn sure it wouldn't be an easy battle to the top, but I fought hard. Nobody warns you how brutal high school can be. 

        The sounds of plates clashing to the floor pulled me from my thoughts. "Motherfucker!" shouted Emma as I stepped in the living room. "What happened??" I asked, watching her hop around on her foot. "I dropped the stupid plate of bacon on my stupid foot and it hurts like a stupid son of a gun." She sat down to examine her foot as I started to pick up the broken plates and bacon.

"Don't worry about that, Ains. I'll call down to the front desk and ask them to send someone up. With more bacon of course." 

"I don't mind cleaning up" I responded. "Just let them know we'll need more bacon. Daisey would be so pissed if she didn't get any."

"You're damn right she would be pissed" I turn around to see Daisey coming out of their room, towel drying her hair.

"Don't get your panties in a twist! I'll make the call now." Emma says with a scowl.

"Kinda hard to do that if I'm not wearing any." Daisey replies wiggling her eyebrows. The look of terror on Emma's face is enough to send me in a fit of laughter. Daisey starts to walk slowly towards Emma, unbuttoning her pants with each step.

"Don't even think about it, Dais." Emma warns. 

"What's wrong, Em? It's just a... VAGINA!!!" Dasiey teases while simultaneously ripping down her pants. Emma's hands immediately cover her eyes as I once again go into a fit of laughter. 

"Take your fucking hands off of your eyes, you goof. I was joking. Look, I've got Wonderwoman on today."  Emma slowly brings her hands down from her eyes, opening them one at a time. I notice her shoulders drop to a more relaxed state once she sees the Wonderwoman symbol staring back at her. "Honestly Em, sometimes I wonder how you're the oldest out of all of us." Daisey jokes while pulling her pants back up. "My parents fucked two months before yours did." Emma retorts. 

        After we had all eaten we sat around tossing around ideas about what we wanted to do the next couple of days. As much as I wanted to be completely a "go with the flow" girl, old habits die hard. So, tucked on the couch with a notebook and a pencil I jotted down their ideas and the sort of budget we had to accomplish them. Being able to do everything wasn't really an issue, I just have to know every minute detail. I'll grow out of it? Maybe. Hopefully. At least for the sake of this trip. 

        Suddenly, Daisey yelps out of excitement clapping her hands together. "I know what we're going to do guys!!! We're gonna go to Paris!! There's a train that can take us there in like two hours and it's really cheap and like Moulin Rogue, The Eiffel Tower, PAARRIISSS!!! We have to go you guys! Wehavetowehavetowehavetooooo!!!!" Her excitement is matched with screams of "YESOHYESOHYESOHYESOHYES!!!!" from Emma.

        Their heads whip in my direction, faces full out puppy eyed.  

"What?" I asked.

"Pllleeeeaaassseee, Ains! It's Paris. Please don't say no to Paris." Daisey was practically on her knees in front of me, hands praying to me. 

"Get up, you weirdo. We've got some packing to do." I smiled at my two best friends as their eyes went wide. I was smushed into the couch as their bodies wrapped themselves around me, a chorus of "thank yous" echoing throughout the room.  

        Packing enough clothes for a two day trip, I met them out in the living room. 

"Weellll? Let's go, Ladies! Paris Awaits!" Emma calls as she leads us out of the room. I take a deep breath and make sure the door shut firmly behind me. With every step I took, my excitement grew. I couldn't wait to see what Paris had in store.

A/N: Hi guys! Thank you for taking the time to read this little story of mine. I know it's a little slow moving right now, but I promise it's going to pick up! This is the first story I've published here, and my very first fanfiction! So please spread the word and feel free to vote and leave comments! Feedback is very, very much appreciated! Cheers!